IGNORED

SOS Gary Rowett

TheCulturalBomb

1 hour ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Maybe Rowett didn't want to come here in the first place? 

Maybe he was holding out for something better than Bristol City

Or maybe we didn't want to pay him what he wanted?

42 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Absolute rubbish.....SO'D took Doncaster up to the championship in his first season in charge, 2007/08, then they finished 14th in the championship...and in the next two seasons Doncaster were comfortably mid-table...he wasn't sacked until Sept 2011

And I think he had a very extensive injury list to contend with as well.

Also he took Forest to 7th and got sacked after winning 4-2 against Leeds... The new owners I think (I could be wrong)

2 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

And I think he had a very extensive injury list to contend with as well.

Also he took Forest to 7th and got sacked after winning 4-2 against Leeds... The new owners I think (I could be wrong)

Agree....but didn't he win 5-2 against Leeds?! Not really relevant but adds to his case!

Edit: I think you're correct with the 4-2 thing!

I would like the club to approach Simon Grayson. When you consider we came up with Preston , they've adjusted to the championship a lot better than we have.

To my knowledge he has had very little money to spend has helped develop players. He may not play expansive football, but his teams are set up very well and from what I've seen of them , hard working and organised.

He may not be the most high profile or 'sexy' name some want, but I think he should he under consideration. Although, appreciate would require compensation if he was interested 

On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 22:01, pnefcok said:

One of the best full backs I've seen in this league so far this season was Ayling for Leeds. Can't believe you let him go permanently and loaned in this chap again. Looks shite.

As for your managerial situation you should get Rowett in who will keep you up and do a good job with what he's got, then he can add bit by bit every transfer window. What you don't want is another "project" manager who wants 10 players per window.

Because our manager is a knob.

We've been here before:

• Bemy down red
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

I have been watching City for 35 years and it's always one step forward two steps back.

We seems cursed with bad luck and there is just an inevitable outcome to this season because everytime we are in a relagation battle we seem unable to fight our way out of it.

Even by City standards the last couple of months have been a rollercoaster on and off the pitch.

SL can not be blamed for what is turning into some what of a fiasco with the new stadium BUT he is to blame for appointing a Manager who seems out of his depth and in my opinion been part of the failure of previous regimes.

Now is the time to make a clean break from the past and be completely ruthless and bring in a Managar like Sean O Driscoll before it's to late and we are condem for other ten years of lower leauge football.

I know fans will want to show loyalty to a man who have been at the club for a long time but there is little room for sentiment in football but we seem to have another Tinion situation.

I know it's a controversial first post but there is general feeling of pending doom among my many City friends if we keep faith with Mr Milen

Archived