IGNORED

He will be sacked tomorrow

Lord Northski

7 hours ago, RumRed said:

Or, Twirling passed the gags,  (and Wispa it) just a new manager, because the current incumbent is a right Fruit and Nut

Wispa was brought into the Cadbury's range when I was working at Fry's in the 70's and was made there,  I worked on the Pascall Murray department and used to pick a few off the belts on the way to the canteen when on night shift, very much like Milky Way.

9 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

The contract extension was the most baffling things I've witnessed since LJ took over. 

SL needs to admit he got it wrong and pay the man off for the good of the club. 

Ok I am going to play devils advocate on this. This contract extension happend before we embarked on this awful run at which point LJ had come in February last year and spectacularly turned out season round, playing some of the best football I have seen at the gate for many a year till the season end.

all of us on otib agreed that his summer transfer work was the best we have seen.

we then embark on a fantastic first 3 months of the season and in the play off spots when contract gets offered.

at this time lj is getting plenty of exposure in the media as being one of the brightest young managers in the game at the moment with a big future ahead of him.

how do you know that lj was not being courted by bigger clubs at that time to take the role elsewhere? And was lansdown like most business owners looking to retain the services of one of its best employees?

listen what has happend since has been disastrous and I am by no means a happy clapper but I could not even in my worst nightmares foresee this happening. 

All I am saying is that not everything is black and white.

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Ok I am going to play devils advocate on this. This contract extension happend before we embarked on this awful run at which point LJ had come in February last year and spectacularly turned out season round, playing some of the best football I have seen at the gate for many a year till the season end.

all of us on otib agreed that his summer transfer work was the best we have seen.

we then embark on a fantastic first 3 months of the season and in the play off spots when contract gets offered.

at this time lj is getting plenty of exposure in the media as being one of the brightest young managers in the game at the moment with a big future ahead of him.

how do you know that lj was not being courted by bigger clubs at that time to take the role elsewhere? And was lansdown like most business owners looking to retain the services of one of its best employees?

listen what has happend since has been disastrous and I am by no means a happy clapper but I could not even in my worst nightmares foresee this happening. 

All I am saying is that not everything is black and white.

I can assure you now, our transfer business, LJ would have had minimal say in around 90% of our signings. 

I've lost all hope finally. Gotta go- NOW.

In hindsight maybe he should have quit after Rotherham a little platform of a win and a draw v Sheff Wed which was hard fought Some of the selection and substitutions last night...FFS.

1. Matthews recalled out of nowhere- he';s not been up to it all season.
  2. Reid just recalled off the bench after weeks out of the side. Smacks of just trying anything and everything, hoping something comes off- run out of ideas, lost it.
  3. O'Neil for Hegeler- at 2-0 down. For all of O'Neil's undoubted attributes, bringing on a 33 year old midfielder- and I am not knocking O'Neil- when 2-0 down is a nonsense.
  4. Like for like substitutions. Pointless, waste of time and energy.

He has to go.

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've lost all hope finally. Gotta go- NOW.

In hindsight maybe he should have quit after Rotherham a little platform of a win and a draw v Sheff Wed which was hard fought Some of the selection and substitutions last night...FFS.

1. Matthews recalled out of nowhere- he';s not been up to it all season.
  2. Reid just recalled off the bench after weeks out of the side. Smacks of just trying anything and everything, hoping something comes off- run out of ideas, lost it.
  3. O'Neil for Hegeler- at 2-0 down. For all of O'Neil's undoubted attributes, bringing on a 33 year old midfielder- and I am not knocking O'Neil- when 2-0 down is a nonsense.
  4. Like for like substitutions. Pointless, waste of time and energy.

He has to go.

Some good points 

Regarding the highlighted section - this is what he's been doing for months - drop player A from team to not in squad , player A not seen for a few weeks and then suddenly brought in from the cold in some vain hope it will click

Seems to like to make sure a player feels out of favour and then turns to them hoping they will save his neck

Its not been a popular view but I'd have a little bet that there are not 11 players he can pick who are fully behind him - and that says it all

Dont even begin on his 'tactics' , organisation and team selections

MA & SL should have seen that we were ticking all the relegation signs months ago

When I saw Charlton last year they screamed 'Relegation side' 

When I saw Bolton last year they screamed 'Relegation side'

for some months now we scream 'Relegation side' (Save it would appear a bizarre , completely out of context, 45 mins at Derby)

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Some good points 

Regarding the highlighted section - this is what he's been doing for months - drop player A from team to not in squad , player A not seen for a few weeks and then suddenly brought in from the cold in some vain hope it will click

Seems to like to make sure a player feels out of favour and then turns to them hoping they will save his neck

Its not been a popular view but I'd have a little bet that there are not 11 players he can pick who are fully behind him - and that says it all

Dont even begin on his 'tactics' , organisation and team selections

MA & SL should have seen that we were ticking all the relegation signs months ago

When I saw Charlton last year they screamed 'Relegation side' 

When I saw Bolton last year they screamed 'Relegation side'

for some months now we scream 'Relegation side' (Save it would appear a bizarre , completely out of context, 45 mins at Derby)

Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic in the hope it doesn't sink: that is Johnson's approach in a nutshell.  And we all know what happened to the Titanic.

On another note -I was surprised we rearranged the Fulham game for when we did

I understand we may have wanted to split the away game run but for me 

1) It gives us 3 Games in six days

2) And more importantly for me - I'd have wanted it later , when there was more chance / hope  :blink: that we had found some form and as a winnable home game if we were anywhere near right it was a card to use later in the campaign if we could have

Archived