IGNORED

Subs bench

The Dolman Pragmatist

I have defended Lee Johnson up until now, but after last night I find myself running out of reasons to do so.  In particular, I almost wept when I saw the names of those on the subs bench:

Fielding, Magnusson, Pack, O'Neill, Reid, Tomlin, Wilbraham

As I said to someone at the ground before the match, I would have had all seven in my starting line-up last night. 

I'm sorry, but Hegeler and, to a slightly lesser extent, Djuric looked very very poor last night.  Hegeler I thought gave one of the most insipid performances I have ever seen from a Bristol City player.  I felt sorry for Taylor, who looked almost equally inept but then was getting little of no service at all.  Other players out there don't even deserve a mention, they were so absurdly bad.

I would put out the following side at Newcastle:

Fielding; Wright, Flint, Magnusson; Cotterill, O'Neill, Pack, O'Dowda; Reid, Tomlin; Wilbraham (and O'Dowda is only in there because Joe Bryan was so shocking last night that I cannot believe he will be allowed to start on Saturday).

Dark days indeed.  Last night was the first time I acknowledged the probability of relegation.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I have defended Lee Johnson up until now, but after last night I find myself running out of reasons to do so.  In particular, I almost wept when I saw the names of those on the subs bench:

Fielding, Magnusson, Pack, O'Neill, Reid, Tomlin, Wilbraham

As I said to someone at the ground before the match, I would have had all seven in my starting line-up last night. 

I'm sorry, but Hegeler and, to a slightly lesser extent, Djuric looked very very poor last night.  Hegeler I thought gave one of the most insipid performances I have ever seen from a Bristol City player.  I felt sorry for Taylor, who looked almost equally inept but then was getting little of no service at all.  Other players out there don't even deserve a mention, they were so absurdly bad.

I would put out the following side at Newcastle:

Fielding; Wright, Flint, Magnusson; Cotterill, O'Neill, Pack, O'Dowda; Reid, Tomlin; Wilbraham (and O'Dowda is only in there because Joe Bryan was so shocking last night that I cannot believe he will be allowed to start on Saturday).

Dark days indeed.  Last night was the first time I acknowledged the probability of relegation.

watched a different game to me then, thought both were alright, I thought I problem was mainly tactical (why the **** did he instruct them to sit back?) and full backs yet again,

everytime fulham had the ball they attacked down the flanks, everytime they didn't hey had players on the flanks stretching us, the full backs were static, not marking, not picking up runs

Goldburne and Mathews wouldn't of got a 1 out of 10 last night from me, 

Archived