IGNORED

Ian Cottle Wheelchair Area - Thank You BCFC

Dave

Although last night was frustrating, it was a special night for me as I had my photo taken in front of the sign, welcoming supporters to the area named in my brother Ians memory. 

Thank You Bristol City and Adam Baker for organising.

It is visible from the concourse, please go and visit. Any photos of fans posted on here with this I will donate £1 to the collection for Jamie Mines, the Frome footballer who has endured amputations after an electrocution incident. (up to £100).

IMG_5753.JPG

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

That's really nice to read. What an inspiration - 939 games. I'll never get remotely close. 

Will try to get a photo next Saturday. 

Where is the sign/area exactly Dave? I know I've seen it but can't remember which area it is, sorry. 

Pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong Dave) that it's on the Dolman corner of the South stand within the concourse. 

@Dave, I guess that's your brother on the plaque, of course it must be as it wouldn't make sense. I just wanted to say you two look so alike, I had to do a double take. You must be so proud of him and this wheelchair area sounds a fitting tribute, may his memory live on and on. 

On 23/02/2017 at 13:03, RedM said:

@Dave, I guess that's your brother on the plaque, of course it must be as it wouldn't make sense. I just wanted to say you two look so alike, I had to do a double take. You must be so proud of him and this wheelchair area sounds a fitting tribute, may his memory live on and on. 

Yes, I am very proud of Ian and his record. 

Hopefully, a few pictures will get posted, so I have to donate a few quid to a very worthy cause.

I have bumped this up from page 8.

Just to remind you of my pledge to donate £1 (up to £100) for every photo of a fan stood by the new sign posted on here.

Tomorrow and Tuesday seem like opportunities to raise some cash for a very worthy cause. Thank You.

Monday 8th May will mark 10 years since Ian was awarded the Supporter of the Year award.

So now everyone is more relaxed about our league position, perhaps Sunday would be a good day to take and post a picture. 

Cheers

COYR

PS. Bumped to top so I have to donate some cash.

Thanks @Dollymarie. Super photos, and they bring back memories of a special night.

I know that night Ian was very proud to receive the award, and there is a clip on YouTube of him going up to collect it, which I do have a look when I need a bit of cheering up.

I know on OTIB "superfan" is not a popular phrase, but Ian was a very dedicated fan.

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

Thanks @Dollymarie. Super photos, and they bring back memories of a special night.

I know that night Ian was very proud to receive the award, and there is a clip on YouTube of him going up to collect it, which I do have a look when I need a bit of cheering up.

I know on OTIB "superfan" is not a popular phrase, but Ian was a very dedicated fan.

Would love to see that if you wouldn't mind sharing :) 

• Admin
49 minutes ago, Dave said:

It's not actually mine to share, but if you type Ian Cottle into YouTube, it appears second in the list.

@Dave just realised it was me that recorded it - please feel free to upload

Sadly I'm at work so can't embed it on here

(Just realised how poor camera phones were back then)

33 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Dave just realised it was me that recorded it - please feel free to upload

Sadly I'm at work so can't embed it on here

(Just realised how poor camera phones were back then)

Done. God camera phones were bad weren't they!

Thanks for that.  I really love his little wave as he walks back to his chair.

I also remember that part of his prize, was some beer, which he gave to Louis Carey to share with the other players, and that I was hanging on to the trophy tightly as he pushed me back to Temple Meads. Happy memories.

I can't believe it is 10 years ago.

Cheers.

• Admin
On Thu Feb 23 2017 at 16:34, Dave said:

For all those asking, this area is situated at the front of the Dolman Stand, it's official title is A10, but it will always be the Ian Cottle Wheelchair Area to me,.

On Sat Feb 25 2017 at 20:38, Dave said:

Yes, I am very proud of Ian and his record. 

Hopefully, a few pictures will get posted, so I have to donate a few quid to a very worthy cause.

@Dave reckon we should try to get as many photos from this Sunday? 

Now who's up for the challenge? 

Archived