IGNORED

Still here ?

Major Isewater

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

I can't believe that he is still head coach .

If certain supporters named Keith Millen ' Teflon ' wtf does that make LJ ?

I am getting to the point of not caring anymore.

Feel exactly the same. Had a ******* guts full. Don't mind losing it happens . But not like this . Come on SL wake up and smell that ******* coffee 

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

And so the apathy bug catches another victim Major. It's very pervasive and difficult to eradicate once established. Only radical cures such as amputation of a no longer functional appendage stand any chance of saving things. Sometimes you have to make difficult decisions for the long-term good.

And if SL is not taking the hint by now, you have to question when he will. Defeat to Newcastle? Defeat to Villa?? Defeat to Burton at home???

9 minutes ago, lancsred said:

Lee Johnson = Super Glue

were stuck with him 

Totally agree , people need to appreciate he is going nowhere. He will take us down and it won't surprise me if he's still in charge next season 

Don't forget he's got one more transfer window left 

2 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Don't need to. 1000's have already. Remember I was booing the board for such a poor appointment as manager. Didn't need to boo LJ, he was never ever going to be the man from the first minute. The board appointed him, LJ was never going to turn it down.

Fair play Thatch u took a lot of shit on here . 

1 minute ago, daored said:

Totally agree , people need to appreciate he is going nowhere. He will take us down and it won't surprise me if he's still in charge next season 

I fear this the most, its like the stuff of nightmares only this one might come true.

I've said it on a couple of other threads; we will be stuck with him for the next couple of weeks at least.  The Newcastle game is a 'free' we're not expected to get anything from that one.  Villa, we will lose, and it will because of their premier players, prem manager, blah, blah.  Then it will be the Burton game (much the same as Rotherham) we'll scratch out a win and he'll buy himself more time.  Ad infinitum til the end of the season.  We'll go down and the club will come out with shite about they couldn't see it coming.  We were only losing by one goal....much the same as we're getting now.  A car crash is coming and those running the club have decided to ditch the seat belts.  His position is completely untenable - but others at the club know that admitting the mistake in appointing him will throw the spotlight on them.  They've got their fingers crossed we stay up.  If we do, it will be proclaimed as some amazing achievement, and a sign that if LJ can survive this it will make him stronger, a better manager, he will have learned so much.....yadda, yadda.  Then the same will happen all over again next season.

1 minute ago, daored said:

I agree: if he didn't get the Spanish Archer after nine defeats, he's unlikely to get it until we're beyond saving, if even then.  I also suspect he'd be here in League One if the worst possible scenario occurs.

And the irony is; we get relegated and a good chunk of the players he's brought in over the last two windows will end up leaving - don't see a good number of them wanting to play third tier football, and reckon a few will have admirers in the Championship, a la Freeman.

21 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I'm the same, Major-its thanks to the characters on here that I still loosely grasp sanity..

10 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

After nearly seventy years of never deliberately missing a home game, (except when I lived in Portugal), I've had enough. 

Either I go or he does. It's worse than Peter Doherty, 1982, Russell Osman, Benny & Ward, Pulis, O'Driscoll and McInnes. What more can I say.

Under Cotterill it was frustrating last season, but the most recent direct comparison is SOD. And at least he brought in and played JET, who was the only bright spark of his whole tenure, and occasionally gave us something to cheer.

The mood amongst supporters is so low at the moment that those leading the club will lose a huge amount of goodwill if we do go down without a change.

Strangely no mention of early season card renewals just yet. I wonder why?!

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

After nearly seventy years of never deliberately missing a home game, (except when I lived in Portugal), I've had enough. 

Either I go or he does. It's worse than Peter Doherty, 1982, Russell Osman, Benny & Ward, Pulis, O'Driscoll and McInnes. What more can I say.

Last night was as bad, but - and please don't call me an LJ cheerleader, I'm not - in no way has it got as bad as under the last three named. And don't forget two of them were managing (or not managing in actual fact) at third tier level.

No, there've been worse days, but after 70 years of more grey clouds than sunshine I can't blame you for giving it a rest.

I'm feeling same as Cidered abroad. Been going down AG for nearly 59 years now. 1st date with missus was taking her to see City. Sponsored club in the First Division with business hoarding on Dolman Stand, and like CA only didnt go down when lived in Spain and Lancashire. Going to Wembley on Sunday, guest of my brother who is a Saints ST holder and am so b*****y disillusioned with the whole way from top to bottom this club is run. Sadly, it has now become a virtual dictatorship with one mans voice running the whole show and for some reason only known to him , he fiddles whilst Rome burns.In any other business he would have lost most of his customers by now and on the edge of bankruptcy. I would compliment him on his rags to riches rise in the Financial field but suggest that he does a night school course on running a football club :city:

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Absolute craziness, if SL doesn't get rid soon a lot more people will start talking with their wallets and stop attending, no season ticket renewals etc

on the plus side, that mean more pies for a quid at the end of the game, I may even buy 3 this time

37 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Last night was as bad, but - and please don't call me an LJ cheerleader, I'm not - in no way has it got as bad as under the last three named. And don't forget two of them were managing (or not managing in actual fact) at third tier level.

No, there've been worse days, but after 70 years of more grey clouds than sunshine I can't blame you for giving it a rest.

yes it has, its worse

I expected him to go today.  If he was going today, I would have expected him to have gone already.  And if last night's result wasn't enough to prompt his sacking, I can't see that there is anything that would.  So I can only conclude that he is here for the duration of the season, if not beyond.

It is astonishing that a manager who has benefitted from strong financial backing, stability off the pitch and no mitigating circumstances on the pitch, such as an injury crisis, is capable of surviving this.  I've supported this club long enough not to expect the sensible thing to happen, but Johnson's continued survival is probably the strangest decision of them all.  Even if there is no suitable coach available and willing to take on the role - one of the only reasons I can think of for him still being here - it has got the stage where is would simply be better to put a caretaker in charge.  His mere presence at the club is fast becoming toxic and detrimental to our chances of survival.  His record is inexcusable, and so it the decision to keep him in the post.  Simply unfathomable.

Archived