IGNORED

Not Angry, Just Disappointed

KingLear

Now don't misunderstand the point of this post, after being firmly in the 'give LJ more time' section in recent weeks, I do now feel that it is time for a change.

I will be sad however when/if the news finally comes that he has been shown the door, not because I will have been proven wrong in my belief in LJ's abilities to turn it around, but because he is a City man through and through.

No matter what your personal opinions on him are, football wise or otherwise, it cannot be denied that he would have desperately wanted to be successful here as he genuinely loves the club. Yes it is a massive cliche that he is 'hurting just as much as anybody' in regards to our recent form and league position, but I do honestly feel that he is.

I don't doubt for one second that he hasn't put 100% into trying to make this work, it hasn't, simple as. Now there are going to be differing reasons and opinions for that from a lot of different people. 

But I would like to think that he can be thanked for the job that he has done, if nothing else but for keeping us up last season and overseeing 2 of the more successful transfer windows in recent history. If he does go he may well go on to be a success elsewhere in the future. It hasn't worked out, but cheers Lee.

I was a little disappointed when he was hired. Not because I didn't want him but because it was too soon.

Many successful managers experience a horrible failure in their careers, which they learn from and go on to become much better managers. Gary Johnson's first job ended Tinnion-style with him sobbing in the dugout, but he came back stronger. My suspicion has always been that Lee Johnson would experience a failure before going on to be successful and I really didn't want City to be that failure. It seems like it's heading that way, though.

If he's sacked, it won't be for want of effort or caring, but it will probably now be the right decision. There is no reason at all why he can't learn from his experience, bounce back elsewhere and maybe even return to Ashton Gate some day. If things are handled in the right way and he proves himself elsewhere I would have no problem at all with him trying again at some point in the future.

2 minutes ago, cheese said:

If he loved the club he'd walk.  He won't.  QED

I think it's his love for the club which means he won't walk, as he desperately wants to turn things around.

Add to that he's got about 3 years left on his contract, would you walk away from that?

17 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Now don't misunderstand the point of this post, after being firmly in the 'give LJ more time' section in recent weeks, I do now feel that it is time for a change.

I will be sad however when/if the news finally comes that he has been shown the door, not because I will have been proven wrong in my belief in LJ's abilities to turn it around, but because he is a City man through and through.

No matter what your personal opinions on him are, football wise or otherwise, it cannot be denied that he would have desperately wanted to be successful here as he genuinely loves the club. Yes it is a massive cliche that he is 'hurting just as much as anybody' in regards to our recent form and league position, but I do honestly feel that he is.

I don't doubt for one second that he hasn't put 100% into trying to make this work, it hasn't, simple as. Now there are going to be differing reasons and opinions for that from a lot of different people. 

But I would like to think that he can be thanked for the job that he has done, if nothing else but for keeping us up last season and overseeing 2 of the more successful transfer windows in recent history. If he does go he may well go on to be a success elsewhere in the future. It hasn't worked out, but cheers Lee.

You gave got to be joking?

There is nothing positive from his time in charge. We stayed up.

3 minutes ago, KingLear said:

I think it's his love for the club which means he won't walk, as he desperately wants to turn things around.

Add to that he's got about 3 years left on his contract, would you walk away from that?

I love this crap.

I love the club but couldn't manage it.

Seriously,thank him for turning us into a basket case of a club sleepwalking it's way to league 1. All this carp about loving the club and hurting like the fans.....bullshite.The only thing that hurts is when he finally gets sacked he will be almost unemployable,that's what bloody hurts....

20 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Sentiment shouldnt come into it in terms of selecting/backing a manager. Nice bloke but a poor manager who has failed badly. Has to go and hopefully he will today and then we can move on. Feel a tiny bit sorry for him and dont blame him for taking the job but should never have been an option. He wasnt ready and loads of us said it when he was appointed. Cant believe SL did it again (Tinnion).

He will get a pay off and frankly thats more than he deserves. This club is not here for the development of LJ, it is here for the people of Bristol and the generations of hard working people who have spent their cash supporting this club over the years.

21 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Have to agree...

I can't see him turning it around now. Shame...

In saying that, as I post, he may well still do, but I can't see it now.

This situation isn't good for the Club or the fans...or my general well being.

Thoroughly depressed last night, as was my elderly father.

It occurred to me, to stop listening and watching for a while...as it really does effect the way you feel from day to day...life's stressful enough, let alone my 'entertainment' and hobby being more stressful. It's meant to be enjoyable. Don't mind losing...but it's the way you lose.

And while I'm at it...Adam Matthews can piss off back to the Valley's, the useless piece of *%$*

It baffles me to read some comments on here, it's as if some people genuinely think that he is some sort of intruder trying to sabotage the club from within and take us down.

I have stated in the OP that I think it's time for a change and even the most fervent LJ supporter would have to agree, what I fail to accept is that he hasn't put 100% into his time here.

It very obviously hasn't worked, you just need to look at the table to figure that one out, but he doesn't deserve the personal abuse or character assassination that he receives from some which verges on pure hatred for a man who has done his best but ultimately failed.

God help any potential manager that might happen to stumble across this forum if that's the case.

Mixed emotions. 

Thought way back in the Autumn things were serious, as they've turned out to be.

Power, pace and high-pressing, positive football is the way forward. Has Lee motivated the team and given them confidence to play an expansive game? Nope and that, probably, is his biggest failing. Consistent team selections, tactics and formations are vital for success, yet he's meddled constantly. We have no team ethic or identity. Frightening that in 9 months we've turned from world beaters (vs Huddersfield) to lame ducks. 

To be fair though, the meddling has been due to individual player performances - some of which have been lamentable. He's tried to find a winning formula but the players now seem to have switched off. Player power has done for him.

There has to be a reason though why it's more than a couple who aren't performing - the Sheffield Wednesday outburst is probably a good indicator. We're now in a vicious spiral of poor performance - change personnel - change tactics - change formations - change players.  The hope was he might just stumble across a solution. Increasingly, it's looking unlikely and desperate. 

Think SL has now given him sufficient time to get things sorted.

Disappointed in Lee, angry with the players tbh.

Horrible times.

3 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Mixed emotions. 

Thought way back in the Autumn things were serious, as they've turned out to be.

Power, pace and high-pressing, positive football is the way forward. Has Lee motivated the team and given them confidence to play an expansive game? Nope and that, probably, is his biggest failing. Consistent team selections, tactics and formations are vital for success, yet he's meddled constantly. We have no team ethic or identity. Frightening that in 9 months we've turned from world beaters (vs Huddersfield) to lame ducks. 

To be fair though, the meddling has been due to individual player performances - some of which have been lamentable. He's tried to find a winning formula but the players now seem to have switched off. Player power has done for him.

There has to be a reason though why it's more than a couple who aren't performing - the Sheffield Wednesday outburst is probably a good indicator. We're now in a vicious spiral of poor performance - change personnel - change tactics - change formations - change players.  The hope was he might just stumble across a solution. Increasingly, it's looking unlikely and desperate. 

Think SL has now given him sufficient time to get things sorted.

Disappointed in Lee, angry with the players tbh.

Horrible times.

Somewhat ironic isn't it ?

Thank god we weren't playing the Huddersfield game last night.

They are probably the best pressing team in this division. They would have got their revenge (and some), if they had visited A.G. last night. 

Guest Redandy
3 hours ago, KingLear said:

Well if you are not angry by the utter rubbish being served up by Johnson then something is seriously wrong

1 hour ago, Redandy said:

Well if you are not angry by the utter rubbish being served up by Johnson then something is seriously wrong

The point I'm trying to make is that I'm disappointed it didn't work out for someone who is clearly a City man at heart.

Of course I'm angry with the results and league position, but I think the players have let him down somewhat in that respect.

27 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

I want to feel anger, disappointment etc, but just apathy right now..

Yeah. And isn't that the very, very worst feeling.

Had it first with Pulis, then SoD. I hoped, beyond hope, that I would never experience it again. 

Guest Redandy
34 minutes ago, KingLear said:

The point I'm trying to make is that I'm disappointed it didn't work out for someone who is clearly a City man at heart.

Of course I'm angry with the results and league position, but I think the players have let him down somewhat in that respect.

I still cannot understand that he is a City man at heart. He played because his Dad was manager.And he has spewed out spin since he got here about coming home. 

9 minutes ago, Redandy said:

I still cannot understand that he is a City man at heart. He played because his Dad was manager.And he has spewed out spin since he got here about coming home. 

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, I will however have to respectfully disagree on both points.

14 minutes ago, Redandy said:

Spot on. Came here because daddy was manager (a common theme in his playing days) had absolutely rotten abuse for the majority of his career here by a LARGE section of the Ashton Gate crowd and now comes back a 'City' man? Its all bollox and i cannot wait to see the back of him and anything 'Johnson' ever again at Ashton Gate.

I don't believe for a minute he thinks he can turn it around. He will say it now and after he is gone, but nah! 

The bloke is now talking about dressing room cliques. Damn right there are cliques, that always happens when there is no clear leader. It took the worst run in our history and the most dire home defeat to work that out. He does take training right!

Pleeeeease Mr Johnson resign or get fired or just disappear, but give us the chance to get out of this and go!

1 hour ago, KingLear said:

I'm not as sorry as when Keith was fired…I felt he had City in his heart more than LJ ever has. I don't want Keith back, mind. We need someone with more fire in their belly…

6 hours ago, KingLear said:

and he needs his players to play for him and not just their money!

6 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I hope so. 

You know what, the conversation came up between me and my 4 friends last ngt sat in the swirling rain getting soaked in the Dolman... "So than lads what would you rather tonight, an unconvincing 1-1 draw or a 0-4 stuffing?" We all voted for a 0-4 stuffing on the views that even if we won last night we would still probably go down under LJ, we really need to move Johnson out and get someone in fast who can just get the most out of this squad and get us back to basic's  ...What i would do for Warnock being manager right now!!

1 hour ago, KingLear said:

I don't get all this "City man at heart" stuff. All managers come out with these platitudes. It's just a job to him.....if he genuinely cared, then he would have come to an agreement with SL, and gone.

3 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

First part of your reply is BS.

The second part is right, all about the readies.

Is that so? Please enlighten us all with how you know these facts?

Or is it just your opinion, like mine.

5 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Coming from a man who never watches BCFC and blindly supports LJ whatever....

what are you on about! Been as season ticket holder for 25years (probably went before you were born!) Anyone who says whatever has run out of arguments!

13 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I don't get all this "City man at heart" stuff. All managers come out with these platitudes. It's just a job to him.....if he genuinely cared, then he would have come to an agreement with SL, and gone.

It's not as black and white as that though is it?

If it's 'just a job to him' then perhaps he doesn't want to throw away a lucrative contract pay off if he was sacked? I know I wouldn't, we're all human. I love my job but I wouldn't resign if it meant I missed out on some cash, neither would most I would imagine.

7 minutes ago, iamsober said:

what are you on about! Been as season ticket holder for 25years (probably went before you were born!) Anyone who says whatever has run out of arguments!

Wow, Ive been following City for Over 30 Years, season ticket holder for many.... You read the Context of whatever wrong as well... You support LJ Whatever don't you?

32 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Wow, Ive been following City for Over 30 Years, season ticket holder for many.... You read the Context of whatever wrong as well... You support LJ Whatever don't you?

I support anyone trying to do his job. Its the players that you need to question.

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

As a director of my own businesses if my staff are doing shit i tend to blame myself for these shortcomings not the staff i have employed!

your entitled to your opinion. Your just fortunate you have staff that that do everything right!

Archived