IGNORED

respect.

boss hogg

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

Anyone who has stumped up the cash he has deserves respect - the opposite of your OP. Sure he's made and is making mistakes but doesn't deserve some bellend like you slamming him. If you can step in and do better then make him an offer - else pipe down a little.

no need to call me names , just my opinion i hope im allowed one .

2 minutes ago, boss hogg said:

no need to call me names , just my opinion i hope im allowed one .

Yes you are. No harm meant. Feelings high all round. I just don't like people knocking the owner - he is our benefactor and without him we could be a Yeovil, Exeter or Southend. I don't want to go back to the days where we couldn't buy a pot to piss in. Sure you don't either so unless someone else comes along I'm happy to wait for the next 5 year plan.

Might be a good businessman but his know how of being an owner of a football club leaves a lot to be desired.  

Can't think of many owners who have ploughed the amounts of millions in he has to be stuck at best as a relegation battling team in the Championship. Especially when you consider we are only about 10 places in the football pyramid higher than before he took the reigns almost 15 years ago. 

1 minute ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Might be a good businessman but his know how of being an owner of a football club leaves a lot to be desired.  

Can't think of many owners who have ploughed the amounts of millions in he has to be stuck at best as a relegation battling team in the Championship. Especially when you consider we are only about 10 places in the football pyramid higher than before he took the reigns almost 15 years ago. 

not knocking thread but how many English born chairmen still own English clubs above us....honest thread and cant think of many

5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Yes you are. No harm meant. Feelings high all round. I just don't like people knocking the owner - he is our benefactor and without him we could be a Yeovil, Exeter or Southend. I don't want to go back to the days where we couldn't buy a pot to piss in. Sure you don't either so unless someone else comes along I'm happy to wait for the next 5 year plan.

fair play, no offence taken. 

53 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Sorry but if that is the case then it's a sad state of affairs & probably says more about you than anything else!!

If you don't have respect for SL & EVERYTHING he has done for this club that we all love, then maybe you don't deserve to have SL bankrolling your club because without him there is no knowing where we'd be!!

Ask the fans of the many clubs that have real problems with the owners of their clubs who they'd like to have in charge because I'd actually doubt there are many fans  in Britain that would wish against having a man who has put many millions of his own money into our club & for little or no thanks (or even less as is the case).

No one knows what is going on behind the scenes & what's been said but I believe that ultimately SL has Bristol City Football Clubs best interests at heart!!

Well said @Tipps69 Missed your post and posted something similar. Some people need to be careful what they wish for....................

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Well said @Tipps69 Missed your post and posted something similar. Some people need to be careful what they wish for....................

A club with a decent level of fan ownership and a proper, vocal,  representative on the board?

Transparency in the way the club is run?

I think I'm wishing fine thanks mate.

3 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Sorry but if that is the case then it's a sad state of affairs & probably says more about you than anything else!!

If you don't have respect for SL & EVERYTHING he has done for this club that we all love, then maybe you don't deserve to have SL bankrolling your club because without him there is no knowing where we'd be!!

Ask the fans of the many clubs that have real problems with the owners of their clubs who they'd like to have in charge because I'd actually doubt there are many fans  in Britain that would wish against having a man who has put many millions of his own money into our club & for little or no thanks (or even less as is the case).

No one knows what is going on behind the scenes & what's been said but I believe that ultimately SL has Bristol City Football Clubs best interests at heart!!

You mate -  talk a load of b******ks.  And far often.  I've supported this club for a very long time.  Long before Steve Landsown entered the frame.  There is no saying what would have happened if there was different hierarchy. 

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

What can we buy now?

I respect Steve Lansdown, his footballing tenure here though has been an utter failure set against his goals for the club and the vastly superior resource he has compared to almost any other owner.

I really don't see how that's debatable. 

3 hours ago, boss hogg said:

where are we going with all this money spent, im grateful for what sl has put into the club but he needs to be held accountable for wots going on.

£100m over 14 years (let's forget the money we've made off selling players) is pretty small compared to some clubs that are about our level...

4 hours ago, boss hogg said:

anybody else lost all respect for sl, whilst greatfull  for what sl has put into our club the situation were now in he has to take the blame were sleep walking back to league 1 14 years of sl at the helm were soon to be back to square 1 , time to man up and get shot of lj he,s destroying this club come on sl grow a pair as i think your going to feel the wrath of the fans next.

You obviously weren't around in 1982 - I'm just immensely grateful that the only incredibly frustrating thing is the results at the moment. That probably sounds bizarre but 35 years ago we didn't know if we'd have a club to support at all. 

So, no, I haven't lost respect for a guy who has singlehandedly ensured that we will never have to go through that again whilst he is at the helm. 

And phrasing like 'LJ is destroying this club' is just inappropriate and overly emotive. He ain't destroying our club, he's just not very good at being the Head Coach...

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I haven't lost respect for SL; he has achieved a great deal for this club.  He has built upon the vision of Scott Davidson and it to it added the financial clout to make things happen; notably the ground rebuild.

At the moment he is IMHO having his judgement clouded by the personal loyalty he feels for LJ.  I suspect that he is a great person for whom to work.

There does though really need to be an over-rule procedure if all the other directors think that he's wrong on a particular issue. 

I agree but he needs to give up control of who hires and fires the manager if he's going to let it become personal as it's ruining all the other work he has done.

Archived