IGNORED

Do Bristol Sport make Bristol proud?

Benjam!n Ultra

Hashtag  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple question for a very simple franchise's motto. 

My opinion is they should drop this shit hashtag immediately and disband the entire catalogue of failures. 

The man at the helm struggles enough with football so why on earth he thinks he can sort out shit like badminton in Bristol I don't know. 

#MakingBristolProud... Err...

It's just a company promoting and running the admin, promotion, finance, legal aspects of varies sporting entities. The fact people get so worked up or don't understand what BS even is, well it's kind of sad. So no they are not an embarrassment, failing or anything else, they are just support for the clubs / sports to go on and do their thing - if the sports or clubs are failing it is not because of BS but inspite of them (i.e. they would be failing anyway) stop trying to make BS your scapegoat for under-performing.

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

It's just a company promoting and running the admin, promotion, finance, legal aspects of varies sporting entities. The fact people get so worked up or don't understand what BS even is, well it's kind of sad. So no they are not an embarrassment, failing or anything else, they are just support for the clubs / sports to go on and do their thing - if the sports or clubs are failing it is not because of BS but inspite of them (i.e. they would be failing anyway) stop trying to make BS your scapegoat for under-performing.

So is their motto/slogan correct or not?

1 minute ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

So is their motto/slogan correct or not?

So you suggest what, a promotion marketing # should be     #keepingbristolsportshit    #bristoltheplacesportdies   #bristolcrap@sportsbutwetry

maybe you don't understand the concept of marketing ?

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

So you suggest what, a promotion marketing # should be     #keepingbristolsportshit    #bristoltheplacesportdies   #bristolcrap@sportsbutwetry

I'll take that as a no then. I said up in the OP it was a simple question. All you need to do is say 'no' if that's what you think. 

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Marketing is only important if you're trying to achieve a position in the market. If Bristol Sport are only a support organisation they should be in the background. The fact that they're not would seem to indicate that in the long term they are to be THE brand, rather than operating divisions like football and rugby. Just a thought....

We are still a joke in the sporting world. With City and Bris very likely to both be relegated, why should the rest of the country look up to us as Bristol Sport would want.

I'm proud to be a Bristolian but ashamed of our sporting heritage. Largest city in England never to have had Premier league football, a county cricket club that's never won the Championship, a Rugby club that is now continually second best to such giants as Exeter and Bath. And if you're a music lover, you need to consult a map to find your way to Cardiff, Birmingham, and others.   

As a Gloucester RFC fan as well ad City i'd be peed off if i thought in anyway SL was diverting resources to Bristol RFC (or the other teams for that matter), that could be spent on City. I don't think that's the case at all. As for the rest of the sports stable, why wouldn't it be a good thing that he is trying to promote excellence in sport in the city (allowing for the fact that success is limited at the moment)?

Wrong target.

21 minutes ago, Fiale said:

While you are completely correct it has also been projected as a brand with merchandise as well as the club shop being covered in its branding. 

53 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Simple question for a very simple franchise's motto. 

My opinion is they should drop this shit hashtag immediately and disband the entire catalogue of failures. 

The man at the helm struggles enough with football so why on earth he thinks he can sort out shit like badminton in Bristol I don't know. 

#MakingBristolProud... Err...

#makingbristolcringe

20 minutes ago, Spoons said:

If you don't walk around Ashton gate without any pride now... You never will. Although Ashton gate is owned by bristol city , bristol sports role in managing the club make me proud and makes my time supporting bcfc a lot better than it used to be.

Holy crap, you're serious aren't you?

Stunning.

21 minutes ago, Spoons said:

If you don't walk around Ashton gate without any pride now... You never will. Although Ashton gate is owned by bristol city , bristol sports role in managing the club make me proud and makes my time supporting bcfc a lot better than it used to be.

To me it's quite the opposite. I detest it now. The ground just reeks of corporate BS now. I long for the days of the east end, a time when there was passion in this sport. A time when the players gave their all for the shirt.

Imagine a city rovers derby now; hardly a player on the pitch would understand what it means to us fans. Thank god I witnessed true passion back in the day.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

It is well documented that it is more cost effective for the club to manufacture the kits in-house. If it wasn't, they wouldn't do it.

Thats not what I was getting at but can see where you are coming from. 

Archived