IGNORED

Do Bristol Sport make Bristol proud?

Benjam!n Ultra

Hashtag  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wish people would start to look past results when doing polls like this.

Had you done this earlier in the season it would be a different result.

For me yes they have made me proud, they have given us a stadium to be proud of, some decent kits, and are continuing to rebuild this club, new training ground for us and the rugby, the Wickes site, investment in youth. I am proud of all of that. Just because we are losing a few games doesn't stop me being proud of all of that.

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

The sooner the plug is pulled on Bristol w***y sport the better.

Cringeworthy and embarrassing.

Making Bristol a laughing stock.

before you criticise look at what they do overall not just city, rugby basketball etc. but in the community with schools and kids. But the attitude on this site is to rubbish anything these days and its getting so boring

1 hour ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Simple question for a very simple franchise's motto. 

My opinion is they should drop this shit hashtag immediately and disband the entire catalogue of failures. 

The man at the helm struggles enough with football so why on earth he thinks he can sort out shit like badminton in Bristol I don't know. 

#MakingBristolProud... Err...

I owe you an apology. The scales have fallen from my eyes! Well not quite but I've had enough. Time has come to roll the dice.

Thing is SL has his hands in his pockets fiddling with his loose change.

I've said many times before I've never bought into Bristol Sport. Simply about making a return for SL on his investment, 

Making Bristol Proud? Complete bollocks.

#Makingmemoremoney.

Makes me livid.

3 minutes ago, iamsober said:

before you criticise look at what they do overall not just city, rugby basketball etc. but in the community with schools and kids. But the attitude on this site is to rubbish anything these days and its getting so boring

Are you really? Sober?

Great to be involved in the community. Might even get a knighthood.

In the meantime we no longer have a say in our club. We have to endure shit performances week in, week out.

Marvellous.

3 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Are you really? Sober?

Great to be involved in the community. Might even get a knighthood.

In the meantime we no longer have a say in our club. We have to endure shit performances week in, week out.

Marvellous.

I endure them as much as you do but don't automatically say sack manager or time for the owner to go. Life goes on we will go up and down - that's life accept it

56 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I owe you an apology. The scales have fallen from my eyes! Well not quite but I've had enough. Time has come to roll the dice.

I've said many times before I've never bought into Bristol Sport. Simply about making a return for SL on his investment, 

#Makingmemoremoney.

Makes me livid.

you have a sad life

59 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

#Makingmemoremoney.

Makes me livid.

We all see things differently, no need to offer an apology. 

It's a shame that it wasn't me in the position to offer one. I hate seeing us in this current mess. 

1 hour ago, iamsober said:

Can you explain what Bristol Sport are doing in the community?

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Yes.

Is this free?

Is this City's players

Many visits to school are not free and are linked to schools and junior football clubs becoming partners of Bristol City Community trust. Becoming a partner involves paying for various packages. These packages are not cheap.

6 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Yes.

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

Is this free?

Is this City's players

Many visits to school are not free and are linked to schools and junior football clubs becoming partners of Bristol City Community trust. Becoming a partner involves paying for various packages. These packages are not cheap.

That's what I read on this very forum- I cannot remember who posted it but it did not sound free in that instance that it was posted about on here.

8 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Is this free?

Is this City's players

It wasn't free, and i didn't notice the Community trust mentioned- I didn't pay it much attention to it as my daughter prefers athletics.

I think the after school culminated in a "free" ticket to either rugby or football, which included a half time pitch walk.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bristol City Community Trust is a registered charity right?

So- perhaps I have been lucky enough not to need one, but how many charities- and I am not absolutely not suggesting fraud here before anyone says otherwise- how many charities say 'Oh yes we can help with outreach or what not- but it will cost you X?'

Social care charities obviously have charges and costs for and from services.

Bristol City Community Trust? I would question how affordable its access to players is via partnership to schools and clubs who are not in affluent areas.

There are junior clubs in Bristol who are also charities. They do have minimal costs to provide opportunities for kids to play football. In my opinion the Trusts coaching is also affordable, but these partnerships sit outside of this coaching.

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

Social care charities obviously have charges and costs for and from services.

Bristol City Community Trust? I would question how affordable its access to players is via partnership to schools and clubs who are not in affluent areas.

There are junior clubs in Bristol who are also charities. They do have minimal costs to provide opportunities for kids to play football. In my opinion the Trusts coaching is also affordable, but these partnerships sit outside of this coaching.

Maybe I am getting it wrong, never really looked into it before.

I agree on that, questionable affordability outside affluent areas. Another interesting one- a course for football coaching 12 hours a week is free fair enough- and  again I am not quibbling with the value, but £200 for kit- not affordable to all and the £200 for kit mandatory.

You are right, seems affordable- partnerships not so much. Would be interested to see how other clubs do it and whether this is the general way of things.

4 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Simple question for a very simple franchise's motto. 

My opinion is they should drop this shit hashtag immediately and disband the entire catalogue of failures. 

The man at the helm struggles enough with football so why on earth he thinks he can sort out shit like badminton in Bristol I don't know. 

#MakingBristolProud... Err...

It's "Does Bristol Sport make Bristol Proud?" - they'll probably take your dig at their 'entire catalogue of failures' more seriously if you could word it correctly...

The trust also coach staff so that they can run the youth teams ? So is the community trust almost like a start up, with lot's of added bonuses for the youngsters, going to AG, behind the scenes tours, free ticket rewards etc - and then the club can go on it's own two feet - or continue with the partnership... or is that not whats happening here ?

9 hours ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

No. The Football team are terrible. The Rugby lot are abysmal. The basketball team aren't much better but seem to have improved slightly. The badminton team have lost most of their games. The womens football and Rugby teams are the exception. 

There is a fantastic irony here. The fact you can rattle off the form of our Basketball and our Badminton teams, would suggest that Bristol Sport is working.

Personally I didn't even know Badminton was a team sport, but from a business perspective, acquiring and assembling complimentary businesses with common operational, back office and marketing functions, and then consolidating them, is textbook. As is pushing the cross-sell opportunity, textbook also. I'm not interested in the rest of it myself, but the moment SL chose to invest in other sports, this was the only sensible outcome. 

With regard to that hashtag, it's come from Anerican sports where a team has a catchy mission statement for the season for everyone to unite around, but mainly as an excuse to remarket the team each season as something new, and sell a load of related merchandise. The mistake for us is thinking the markets are in anyway the same, American sport is full of re-invention and lacks and even eschews historic identity and "fans" love the over-marketed nonsense.

I would also venture that a hashtag needs to have organic routes. People need to believe that it belongs to them. Always Believe worked because it came from manager/players and was adopted by fans. #MakingBristolProud has no such affinity with anyone and even uses the contentious generic Bristol to take it further still from our identity. It was always going to be good only for parody and sarcasm and true enough by not living up to it, that has followed.

#SouthBristol #TheCityIsOurs :whistle:

8 hours ago, Fiale said:

The trust also coach staff so that they can run the youth teams ? So is the community trust almost like a start up, with lot's of added bonuses for the youngsters, going to AG, behind the scenes tours, free ticket rewards etc - and then the club can go on it's own two feet - or continue with the partnership... or is that not whats happening here ?

Added bonuses that come at a cost. The more you pay the more you get. The less you can afford the less you get. It is a partnership based on ££'s. That is not particularly community centred.

Archived