IGNORED

ok lets find our 45 points

Fiale

At the moment 45 points maybe enough to secure our Championship status, we have to play the below teams. Burton, Blackburn and Wigan have better form than us currently, and Blackburn have just appointed a new manager (and these are the three "easiest" games we have). We have won 3 in our last 21 league games, 2 of which were against the bottom 2 league teams.  So how do we get from our current position and get another 13 points ( our current form, 22 matches worth of points)

Newcastle United  v  Bristol City

Aston Villa  v  Bristol City

Bristol City  v  Burton Albion

Bristol City  v  Norwich City

Wigan Athletic  v  Bristol City

Bristol City  v  Huddersfield Town

Brentford  v  Bristol City

Preston North End  v  Bristol City

Bristol City  v  Wolverhampton Wanderers

Bristol City  v  Queens Park Rangers

Blackburn Rovers  v  Bristol City

Bristol City  v  Barnsley

Brighton & Hove Albion v  Bristol City

Bristol City  v  Birmingham City

15 minutes ago, Fiale said:

At the moment 45 points maybe enough to secure our Championship status, we have to play the below teams. Burton, Blackburn and Wigan have better form than us currently, and Blackburn have just appointed a new manager (and these are the three "easiest" games we have). We have won 3 in our last 21 league games, 2 of which were against the bottom 2 league teams.  So how do we get from our current position and get another 13 points ( our current form, 22 matches worth of points)

You didn't put 'down the back of the sofa' on that list.

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

@nickolas @RumRed @Roger Red Hat   I have tried a few permutations and cannot in all honestly find enough points for us to stay up. Even a new manager is going to struggle - we really need to rely on all the teams around us having really poor run ins

We're down, that's not just being negative I truly can't see how we can rescue this.

It feels like the end of The Italian Job, 'Lads, I've got an idea'  fades to credits... 

Also feels like Zulu if I'm sticking with the Michael Caine vibe, less Welsh singing though hopefully.

I'm sad and resigned to the situation now, I'll never get my bloody monorail in Div 3.

It's futile trying to pick out where the points will come from.  Far too many on here thought 3 points last night were a given.

Need something or someone to galvanise the group.  Might be a new manager, might be a leader on the pitch, might be a Divvy-moment.  I've no idea.

I do think the players are good enough to get enough points, but not if they wallow in being on a bad run. 

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

We're down, that's not just being negative I truly can't see how we can rescue this.

It feels like the end of The Italian Job, 'Lads, I've got an idea'  fades to credits... 

Also feels like Zulu if I'm sticking with the Michael Caine vibe, less Welsh singing though hopefully.

I'm sad and resigned to the situation now, I'll never get my bloody monorail in Div 3.

Maybe the can still do the zip line from Dundry church to AG though - 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It's futile trying to pick out where the points will come from.  Far too many on here thought 3 points last night were a given.

Need something or someone to galvanise the group.  Might be a new manager, might be a leader on the pitch, might be a Divvy-moment.  I've no idea.

I do think the players are good enough to get enough points, but not if they wallow in being on a bad run. 

no way many on here thought last night was a given, even us lot are not that deluded are we?

7 hours ago, Fiale said:

With the best will I only see ten points there...so we are going to step it up a notch!

6 hours ago, Fiale said:

Hell last 22 games, if you chose someone from random (no age discrimination) to manage the team, through chance or luck alone odds are they would have gotten more points....makes it all rather more tragic.

That really is the tragedy of it.........don't worry about the predictive octopus,if next doors cat chooses the team for the last 13 matches we may be in with a shout.....

At least then she may be too busy to shit in my garden.

45 points will send us down this season. Blackburn, Burton and Wigan are stronger sides than MK and Charlton were last year. At least two of them will get more than 45. We need the magic 50 I think. So 17 points from the last 14 games. Our previous 14 have seen us gain just 8 points which tells us how bleak the situation looks.

Lansdown acts now - we stay up. LJ remains - we go down. Simple.

I cant see more than 3pts max at home so we are Down; horrendous fixtures for a squad of journeymen who don't care and a manager who has really NO CLUE

Please Steve Sort It out ACT NOW!!!

9 hours ago, Fiale said:

L,L,L,L,D,L,L,D,L,D,L,L,L,L

Not enough

Down

4 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

L,L,L,L,D,L,L,D,L,D,L,L,L,L

Not enough

Down

yep 3pts same as me :chant6ez:sad thing is any new man brought in is having less and less time to change things. Maybe not enough time already but at least we could FIGHT FOR IT.

The issue with the Championship (actually the great thing about the Championship) is that anyone is capable of beating anyone, yes I know that's a cliche that has been trotted out many times.

Let's be honest who on here expected us to be 3-0 up at half time away at Derby?! I had to check on 3 different websites to make sure it was correct!

The point I'm making is that our run in, especially the home games, on paper don't actually look too bad for us (only playing 1 team inside the current top 6 and 4 currently in the bottom half). Also we have to play 2 of the current occupants of the bottom 3 away. 

13 points required from 42 points available. I would like to think we can achieve that, however I think it's going to take a new manager 'bounce' to get there, just like last season, here we go again.

3 minutes ago, KingLear said:

The issue with the Championship (actually the great thing about the Championship) is that anyone is capable of beating anyone, yes I know that's a cliche that has been trotted out many times.

Let's be honest who on here expected us to be 3-0 up at half time away at Derby?! I had to check on 3 different websites to make sure it was correct!

The point I'm making is that our run in, especially the home games, on paper don't actually look too bad for us (only playing 1 team inside the current top 6 and 4 currently in the bottom half). Also we have to play 2 of the current occupants of the bottom 3 away. 

13 points required from 42 points available. I would like to think we can achieve that, however I think it's going to take a new manager 'bounce' to get there, just like last season, here we go again.

We have Newcastle, Brighton and Huddersfield -  1st, 2nd and 3rd in this division. Wigan Burton and Blackburn also have the same games against teams around them, all the bottom teams in effect having a few 6 pointers against each other.

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

We have Newcastle, Brighton and Huddersfield -  1st, 2nd and 3rd in this division. Wigan Burton and Blackburn also have the same games against teams around them, all the bottom teams in effect having a few 6 pointers against each other.

If you read that portion again I stated 'especially the home games, on paper don't actually look too bad for us (only playing 1 team inside the current top 6....'

I'm painfully aware we have Brighton and Newcastle away as i'm getting the train to Newcastle in a few hours haha.

Just now, KingLear said:

If you read that portion again I stated 'especially the home games, on paper don't actually look too bad for us (only playing 1 team inside the current top 6....'

I'm painfully aware we have Brighton and Newcastle away as i'm getting the train to Newcastle in a few hours haha.

Unfortunately our Home form is as bad if not worse than our away form. I guess the added pressure from a large crowd when your not performing can make you even more prone to be cautious or nervous leading to mistakes. 

Just now, Fiale said:

Unfortunately our Home form is as bad if not worse than our away form. I guess the added pressure from a large crowd when your not performing can make you even more prone to be cautious or nervous leading to mistakes. 

Yes any form anywhere would be welcome right now, unfortunately as much as I would like to, I just can't see it happening with LJ in the hot seat.

I think even the players now are just waiting for the axe to fall, it's not a great environment to try and foster that winning belief and attitude. 

Archived