IGNORED

Christian names

A Horse With No Name

While we await the inevitable changes coming up, and we have a quiet spell, how about this for a team for Saturday? Think I'm right in saying that every one of them has a Christian name never seen before at City in our history. Ps I know Tammy is injured but nothing else fits.

Fabian

Zac.      Aden.    Bailey.    Hordur

. Marlon. Jens. Josh. Callum

.          Tammy.     Gustav.

it certainly has energy if nothing else.

The OP had me wade through the club's history book. We had some rare names in the early years that I'm not aware of being repeated since.

Hammer, (that was his name, not nick name). Talbot, Finlay, Reuben, Fergusson, Jock & Ebenezer

In the 20's we signed Cecil and in the 80's there was Forbes

1 minute ago, 22A said:

The OP had me wade through the club's history book. We had some rare names in the early years that I'm not aware of being repeated since.

Hammer, (that was his name, not nick name). Talbot, Finlay, Reuben, Fergusson, Jock & Ebenezer

We should have a player called Hammer now but only use him as a super sub. No need to hold up a board to bring him on, just blast "U can't touch this" over the PA to announce him.

5 minutes ago, 22A said:

I knew somebody would

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Surely we've only ever had one Errington as well?!

And there's only been one each of Geert, Perti and Dariusz.

1979 we came close to, but didn't actually sign Slobodan. He played in a friendly whilst on a trial at City.

30 minutes ago, 22A said:

See what you did there

59 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

We had Callum Robinson on loan last year.

At one point (I don't know if it's still the case) there were 5 Marlons to have played in the league and 3 of them had played for Bristol City: Pack, Harewood and Jackson.

Dan, in a gale of toxicity, you're a breath of fresh air.

4 hours ago, 22A said:

And there's only been one each of Geert, Perti and Dariusz.

1979 we came close to, but didn't actually sign Slobodan. He played in a friendly whilst on a trial at City.

If I recall correctly we won the friendly three nil at Plymouth and the guy's name was Slobodan Antic from Radnicki Nis. It has always stuck in my mind for some bizarre reason a bit like Gavrillo Princip who went off the rails a bit, joined the Black Hand Gang and started WWI.

Strange, but true, fact. The number plate of the car the Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated in which effectively started WWI was 111118. That was the date the war ended!!!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Did they all play together? Not sure - but the three Wallace brothers all played in the same Southampton team...to the chants of "...there's only one Mrs Wallace..."!

Fairly sure they were in the same match squad in about 1982 or 3 but one was on the bench and not sure if all three were on the pitch together.

2 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Fairly sure they were in the same match squad in about 1982 or 3 but one was on the bench and not sure if all three were on the pitch together.

The 3rd one never played, but I remember seeing Nyrere and Errington playing together at Plough Lane. Must have been about '83.

Archived