IGNORED

Just realised a life-long ambition..

AppyDAZE

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

You haven't got a clue. If you think that SL involvement is every couple of weeks you are as thick as you sound.

Part of me just wants all you SL haters to force him out of the club just to see what it would be without him.

clueless! 

There is a difference between hating (which I DON'T) and spotting when he is seriously ***king things up by being stubborn. As for being thick, yeah cheers

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

There is a difference between hating (which I DON'T) and spotting when he is seriously ***king things up by being stubborn. As for being thick, yeah cheers

He has earned the right to be stubborn . What he has done for our club is unbelievable and taken for granted.

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

He has earned the right to be stubborn . What he has done for our club is unbelievable and taken for granted.

Totally agree about what he has done and you honestly did get it wrong when you called me a SL hater. I just thought the interview wasn't very convincing tbh. Listen to the way Adam Baker asks the questions. Do you honestly think that he (Adam) backs LJ ?

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Totally agree about what he has done and you honestly did get it wrong when you called me a SL hater. I just thought the interview wasn't very convincing tbh. Listen to the way Adam Baker asks the questions. Do you honestly think that he (Adam) backs LJ ?

It's convincing as he actually does believe the decision he's making regarding LJ is the right one. Us fans Probaly disagree but like I said he's earned the right to be stubborn IMO

8 minutes ago, Spoons said:

You haven't got a clue. If you think that SL involvement is every couple of weeks you are as thick as you sound.

Part of me just wants all you SL haters to force him out of the club just to see what it would be without him.

clueless! 

The issue is Spoon is why we have to wait for him to make a statement. If I recall his son and Keith Dawe are the main directors in charge of running the club.

I don't want SL out, as he evidently bankrolls this hobby of ours. But he needs to trust his board, he is just being too stubborn and it then leaves him open to criticism.

Let's face it, we've gone nowhere for 10 years. We may have a new stadium, but we stand to lose millions if we go down, again. 4 years in the future and the yoyo is rewound, due to some other form of mismanagement or misinvestment. We just need efficiency but it's avoided us for the same period of time mentioned also.

Just now, Spoons said:

It's convincing as he actually does believe the decision he's making regarding LJ is the right one. Us fans Probaly disagree but like I said he's earned the right to be stubborn IMO

Rspect to you, mate. We're both City fans so I'm not arguing you are entitled to stick by what's going on. i did until fairly recently. Wednesday was it for me. Take it steady

Assuming he is still worth $ 1.88 Billion (around £1.5 Billion), then if he’s put in circa £100 Million, that’s around 6.64% of his net worth.

Let’s say the average net worth of a UK household is £375,000 then 6.64% of that is £24,900. That wouldn’t break the bank for a loft extension or a nice conservatory on a loan or additional mortgage facility.

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

The issue is Spoon is why we have to wait for him to make a statement. If I recall his son and Keith Dawe are the main directors in charge of running the club.

I don't want SL out, as he evidently bankrolls this hobby of ours. But he needs to trust his board, he is just being too stubborn and it then leaves him open to criticism.

Let's face it, we've gone nowhere for 10 years. We may have a new stadium, but we stand to lose millions if we go down, again. 4 years in the future and the yoyo is rewound, due to some other form of mismanagement or misinvestment. We just need efficiency but it's avoided us for the same period of time mentioned also.

The royal 'we'. You stand to lose nothing but pride. SL will be the one who loses millions for the 15th consecutive year. 

Jon landsown is vice chair of the football and director of bristol rugby. Keith dawe is a director but has stepped back due to serve health problems. 

The day to day running is down to Andrew billington who is CEO of bristol sport.

As for going nowhere in 10 years? I disagree, we are at the level we should be for our investment and history. We are at best a lower league championship team . That's a realistic view. It's cost SL £100million plus to get that far. Now as we are set off the field we are 1 good managerial appointment away from raising those ambitions. 

3 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Assuming he is still worth $ 1.88 Billion (around £1.5 Billion), then if he’s put in circa £100 Million, that’s around 6.64% of his net worth.

Let’s say the average net worth of a UK household is £375,000 then 6.64% of that is £24,900. That wouldn’t break the bank for a loft extension or a nice conservatory on a loan or additional mortgage facility.

An interesting point but it doesn't really add up for me. 

The average household giving away £25k would have a massive impact on their lives. 

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

I just saw one of them ostriches. Yeah. Apparently (and I never knew this) they live in Guernsey, and they come out every couple of weeks for a little chat. if you're lucky. There is a lovely little Youtube video of a certain Adam Baker with one. marvellous stuff.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

57 minutes ago, Spoons said:

clueless! 

Well said.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Anti relegation crowd, mate   sooo disloyal that innit

So slagging off SL is going to make him sack LJ and stop us going down? I don't think so. I too wish wish he would pull the trigger but your stance against the man with the money is embarrassing. Like I said - if you know someone willing to pump there dough in, please tell.

Archived