IGNORED

Gary Rowett on 5 live tonite

keflav

Just been listing to The Friday Football Social on BBC 5 live and Gary Rowett was one of the guest on the show mainly Talking about the Claudio Ranieri situation and I have to say what a straight forward sensible talking bloke agreed with most of the points he said

having listen for the last hour and based on his record for Birmingham think when LJ Goes (think this has got to happen after tomorrows game despite what SL said today) he has got to be the manager we try our best to get in he fits the young manager project that SL goes on about but seems to have far more about him than I have ever seen in LJ..

I know this probably re-treads on points already made but felt I had to share...

22 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

By the time LJ goes, Rowett will be elsewhere and we would have missed our chance (if we ever had one). 

LJ isn't going anywhere anytime soon, unfortunately. 

I really hope not I can't take anymore crap Saturdays (tomorrows not great for me as I live in the north east and deal with Geordie's I work with on Monday)

1 hour ago, keflav said:

Just been listing to The Friday Football Social on BBC 5 live and Gary Rowett was one of the guest on the show mainly Talking about the Claudio Ranieri situation and I have to say what a straight forward sensible talking bloke agreed with most of the points he said

having listen for the last hour and based on his record for Birmingham think when LJ Goes (think this has got to happen after tomorrows game despite what SL said today) he has got to be the manager we try our best to get in he fits the young manager project that SL goes on about but seems to have far more about him than I have ever seen in LJ..

I know this probably re-treads on points already made but felt I had to share...

My feeling is that LJ is being kept on to get these games (Newcastle & Villa away) out of the way.

Bring in a new manager prior to Newcastle & as expected, we lose & similar for Villa (after all the money they've spent because they have to find their form at sometime right?) and the new manager is already up against it.

If LJ takes the two defeats (as expected) and he gets the boot & no one blames the club for it.

Just the feeling I have.

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

My feeling is that LJ is being kept on to get these games (Newcastle & Villa away) out of the way.

Bring in a new manager prior to Newcastle & as expected, we lose & similar for Villa (after all the money they've spent because they have to find their form at sometime right?) and the new manager is already up against it.

If LJ takes the two defeats (as expected) and he gets the boot & no one blames the club for it.

Just the feeling I have.

Think you could be spot on here...:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Just the feeling I have.

I'm thinking along those lines also.

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Just the feeling I have.

I like the logic, however that's not a word I'd ever apply to BCFC.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

I like the logic, however that's not a word I'd ever apply to BCFC.

I just think that any new manager / head coach would think twice of taking a job at a club in 21st place who's next two games are away at Newcastle & Villa.

Odds are stacked massively against anyone coming in & getting a positive result in our favour, bring them in on Wednesday or Thursday & "your first game is home to Burton in front of 20,000+ fans backing you" & we're more likely to get someone willing to take the job.

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

I just think that any new manager / head coach would think twice of taking a job at a club in 21st place who's next two games are away at Newcastle & Villa.

Odds are stacked massively against anyone coming in & getting a positive result in our favour, bring them in on Wednesday or Thursday & "your first game is home to Burton in front of 20,000+ fans backing you" & we're more likely to get someone willing to take the job.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, I'm just not convinced that there is that level of thought at the top.

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Could be LJ out on sat/sun, Pembo in charge tues new man in on wedensday???

1 minute ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Choice, he is being paid by his previous employers and can afford to take his time over his next position. He was offered the Forest job.

He pretty much said as much on the radio tonight, has been offered jobs but felt were not right and he can afford to wait until right offer (lets hope that's us)

8 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

No new manager would think like that. They'd have confidence in themselves that they could get results at Newcastle and Villa otherwise I'd question their suitability for the job. Villa are on the worst run in English football at the moment. Any manager who'd rather take over once that game was 'out the way' should not be anywhere near our football club.

The logic doesn't stack up at our end either. If you've decided someone isn't up to the job then you dismiss them immediately, not keep them in post and resign yourselves to losing two more games.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No new manager would think like that. They'd have confidence in themselves that they could get results at Newcastle and Villa otherwise I'd question their suitability for the job. Villa are on the worst run in English football at the moment. Any manager who'd rather take over once that game was 'out the way' should not be anywhere near our football club.

The logic doesn't stack up at our end either. If you've decided someone isn't up to the job then you dismiss them immediately, not keep them in post and resign yourselves to losing two more games.

Logic this is Bristol city were talking about not sure logic comes into it :shifty:

Archived