IGNORED

Gary Rowett on 5 live tonite

keflav

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No new manager would think like that. They'd have confidence in themselves that they could get results at Newcastle and Villa otherwise I'd question their suitability for the job. Villa are on the worst run in English football at the moment. Any manager who'd rather take over once that game was 'out the way' should not be anywhere near our football club.

The logic doesn't stack up at our end either. If you've decided someone isn't up to the job then you dismiss them immediately, not keep them in post and resign yourselves to losing two more games.

He's no different mind, to posters on here that have been saying we shouldn't get rid of LJ as 'we're not in the bottom three' but have said 'if we drop in the bottom three get rid'

WTF is that about ?

:blink:

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No new manager would think like that. They'd have confidence in themselves that they could get results at Newcastle and Villa otherwise I'd question their suitability for the job. Villa are on the worst run in English football at the moment. Any manager who'd rather take over once that game was 'out the way' should not be anywhere near our football club.

The logic doesn't stack up at our end either. If you've decided someone isn't up to the job then you dismiss them immediately, not keep them in post and resign yourselves to losing two more games.

Anyone will know the odds are against us to get anything at Newcastle & Villa, we aren't 21st for no reason & no one is going to back themselves to turn a potential relegation club into instant winners away at clubs who have spent vast amounts.

LJ staying in charge gives SL more reason (not that he needs it) to get rid of him if / when we lose those games.

The new guy comes in with a fairly easy run of games & a fresh start with the fans behind him.

12 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Anyone will know the odds are against us to get anything at Newcastle & Villa, we aren't 21st for no reason & no one is going to back themselves to turn a potential relegation club into instant winners away at clubs who have spent vast amounts.

LJ staying in charge gives SL more reason (not that he needs it) to get rid of him if / when we lose those games.

The new guy comes in with a fairly easy run of games & a fresh start with the fans behind him.

Sorry, under LJ we got points recently against teams up near the play offs in Derby and Sheffield Wed. Why is Villa deemed mission impossible? Doesn't matter what they've spent; they are shit and currently on the same number of points as Burton. 

For the reasons I've already stated I don't believe your theory is based on sound logic so agree to disagree. 

20 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Sounds like you have it all sussed out, are you MA or SL under cover 

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sorry, under LJ we got points recently against teams up near the play offs in Derby and Sheffield Wed. Why is Villa deemed mission impossible? Doesn't matter what they've spent; they are shit and currently on the same number of points as Burton. 

For the reasons I've already stated I don't believe your theory is based on sound logic so agree to disagree. 

For me, some SERIOUS damage was done up at Derby. 3-0 and coasting to 3-3 had a really, really bad effect on the players. It sort of got everybody thinking.. if he can't work out how to hold on to a lead like that, then when will we win  and since then the performances have gotten worse. Wednesday night reaching an all time low for this season. Really can't see a turn around from here under the current set-up

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Why is Villa deemed mission impossible? Doesn't matter what they've spent; they are shit and currently on the same number of points as Burton. 

This....about Villa. Couldn't agree more. It'll be a game of 2 shite teams. We've just got to be less shite than them....

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

My feeling is that LJ is being kept on to get these games (Newcastle & Villa away) out of the way.

Bring in a new manager prior to Newcastle & as expected, we lose & similar for Villa (after all the money they've spent because they have to find their form at sometime right?) and the new manager is already up against it.

If LJ takes the two defeats (as expected) and he gets the boot & no one blames the club for it.

Just the feeling I have.

You may be right but most clubs would get the manager in to suss the players out on the training ground for a few days and let the assistant manager take the hit for the Newcastle game,that way the new manager has almost a week with the players for what is a winnable game at villa

Reasons against Rowett:

He's only had 2 jobs, inexperienced the same as LJ was.
A big reason he got the Brum job was he was an ex player, same as LJ. 
                                     He's only had 106 games at Championship level, so not the experienced man most of us are looking for.

Reasons to appoint Rowett over LJ:

He's not Lee Johnson ! 

Archived