IGNORED

The Official Newcastle United v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Was thinking what team I would put out if I were manager but can't even get past our full backs. We're on a hiding to nothing! Don't rate Goldbourne one bit and Matthews has no pace. What a state to be in where we have overloaded with average midfielders but overlooked a problem area.

4 minutes ago, Clint said:

No it's my formation

9 at the back no midfield and 1 up top.

I don't think our formation is going to make any difference to the result, which will be a sound thrashing.

if the players prove me wrong, no one will be more delighted.

I just hope we escape with some dignity, and not another embarrassing headline.

:badmood:

tfj

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

I don't think our formation is going to make any difference to the result, :badmood:tfj

Funny enough I was going to say that very thing, but I thought I'd sound too depressing.  Fulham ended up the game I feared, I was done after the Reading game but with the backing from on high I'm resigned to our fate. The team , regardless of formation , will find a way to implode. I'm not sure we have time to change that situation.

Despicable-Me-Minions-Play-Soccer-Gif.gi

Went to see the Stadium of Light earlier, blowing a gale but dry and not too cold after early rain. Hard to stand up. Now in a wetherspoons packed with City fans and Geordies having a drink together, no problem at all. Must admit the people up here are so friendly and helpful. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Thanks for reminding this fan of Tommy Casey. A really good and solid footballer as I remember.

As for today, I am forgetting for a moment the catastrophes that are LJ, SL, and our silent Board, and am turning back the clock 70 years, when I cared nothing but for a City win and some player being the hero of the hour. Perhaps that player will be one of our own, Reid or Cotterill, perhaps a newbie, Taylor or Djuric, or perhaps a final hurrah from Wibs

COYR

Class player from an era when the game was a pleasure to watch.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, RedM said:

Went to see the Stadium of Light earlier, blowing a gale but dry and not too cold after early rain. Hard to stand up. Now in a wetherspoons packed with City fans and Geordies having a drink together, no problem at all. Must admit the people up here are so friendly and helpful. 

Very true. 

A mate and i once went up there. We caught a taxi into town & asked how much it was...

"Don't worry lads, I was going this way!"

Unbelievable!

• Like 1

Don't think we will be thrashed today but cannot see us picking up any points. Newcastle tend to do just enough, and with bigger games coming up for them this week, they won't go flat out. With Mitrovic playing in place of Gayle, that will help us as Flint will enjoy that battle rather than chasing after Gayle all game. The area i would worry about is Ritchie up against Golbourne.