IGNORED

The Official Newcastle United v Bristol City Match Day Thread

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ok, after saying he'd be picking a team packed full of energy, I didn't quite expect to see Wilbs up top alone, a struggling GON in the middle with the returning from injury Korey. 

In fact, I'm not sure there could have been a line up picked with less energy... maybe the addition of Tomlin.

Vyner is obvious as you've said.

Wilbraham is forced as theres no way we can have Taylor playing alone up top. He probably worked on this system in the week but Djuric being injured meant it must be AW.

Brownhill is injured I'm pretty sure, so Smith and Reid are probably the only 2 equally as energetic. O'Neil is probably the one I'd question though thinking about it, maybe Hegeler should be in there.

I like O'Dowda and Bryan vs Yedlin and Ritchie that's quite a battle and one Golbourne couldn't have coped with.

17 minutes ago, 1891 B.C. Sweden said:

#NEWvBRC: Giefer, Vyner, Flint, Wright, Bryan, Cotterill, O'Neil, Reid, K.Smith, O'Dowda, Wilbraham. #BristolCity

subs: Fielding, Magnusson, Hegeler, Pack, Paterson, Tomlin, Taylor

Vyner at right back - no other realistic option but inexperienced. Bryan at left back? Reid and Smith must be a risk in midfield as Reid gives one bad passes for every good one and Smith has been poor in every match this season. O'Neil's not fit. As for attacking options, we have powderpuff O'Dowda and Dad's Army Wilbraham 

13 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Surely matty Taylor is one that provedes energy up front and closes down defenders? Why leave him out?

Because his strength is not holding the ball up.  Need Wibraham, as he has done, or Duric who is unfit. Taylor is a sniffer, fox in the box, not a man to hold the ball up when it comes out from the back ( hopefully) 

i did half expect Hegeler to be right back.  Today is about how we perform, anything we get is a bonus

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

In the same way that I like Connor McGregor & Floyd Mayweather versus Ant & Dec in a fight to the death?

They probably know Jungle Warfare thanks to I'm a celeb.

Plus Ant and Dec are Geordies so presumably our left side is McGregor and Mayweather?

Edited by Shtanley

Think LJ is sick to death of Matthews performances,  given all his chances. Vyner can't be any worse than. Golborne the same... Way off the standards. Full back positions are our archiles heal... Could be our ruin. Think this line up is just pure frustration with the performance from the last game. Hence players being dropped. Midfield will be in the tools face from the outset.... Expect at least 5 bookings. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Lots of people saying it was good we cancelled Engvall's loan just in case we had another injury to a forward - well we have a injury and still no Engvall even on the bench, prove that LJ has no intention of playing him so why are we trying to **** up his career ?

Doesn't help himself when he turns down loan opportunities 

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

Lots of people saying it was good we cancelled Engvall's loan just in case we had another injury to a forward - well we have a injury and still no Engvall even on the bench, prove that LJ has no intention of playing him so why are we trying to **** up his career ?

Probably because he would get hanged if Wilbs also picked up an injury

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Think LJ is sick to death of Matthews performances,  given all his chances. Vyner can't be any worse than. Golborne the same... Way off the standards. Full back positions are our archiles heal... Could be our ruin. Think this line up is just pure frustration with the performance from the last game. Hence players being dropped. Midfield will be in the tools face from the outset.... Expect at least 5 bookings. 

So can we expect a midfield pressing game?, getting close to their midfield opponent?, not giving them time on the ball?, not surrendering midfield territory by backing off?.

• Like 1