IGNORED

Its next season I'm more worried about

Thatwasclose

35 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I believe the players are good enough.

Its the tactics and shape LJ uses, plus the constant tinkering with the team that are the problems.

I would love to see what a manager who doesn't do the above things, take  control of our squad. 

LJ has been given everything he's wanted since being here, but he seems unable to manage a team for a 90 minute period though.

I'm kinda with you.

I don't think we need an overhaul.  

Assuming we survive, much will depend on the performances between now and the end of the season.

Players like Vyner, with Little very unlikely to get a new deal, Matthews back to Sunderland, he is going to 2nd choice at worst....could even be first if he progresses.

We've got 4 CBs, with Moore and Magnüsson.  Left back will be a position to strengthen, unless Hordur comes in....in which case we'd need a CB!

We have numbers in midfield.  Need 4 of them to make it their own.  Cotterill likely to be wanted permanently.

Up front.  Taylor a lot to prove, as has Engvall.  

Not going to be as busy this summer I think / I hope.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I'm kinda with you.

I don't think we need an overhaul.  

Assuming we survive, much will depend on the performances between now and the end of the season.

Players like Vyner, with Little very unlikely to get a new deal, Matthews back to Sunderland, he is going to 2nd choice at worst....could even be first if he progresses.

We've got 4 CBs, with Moore and Magnüsson.  Left back will be a position to strengthen, unless Hordur comes in....in which case we'd need a CB!

We have numbers in midfield.  Need 4 of them to make it their own.  Cotterill likely to be wanted permanently.

Up front.  Taylor a lot to prove, as has Engvall.  

Not going to be as busy this summer I think / I hope.

Not so sure Dave with some of the things Lee has said recently !!!

(Think he will be looking to 'move a few on' don't you ?) 

On 26/02/2017 at 17:08, Red_Wizard said:

Because he took over from Hypia I believe, so there is no comparison. Are you saying Rowett could get us into the top two within two years?

Hughton took over from Hyypia in December and they finished 20th. Then he took them to third, and now they're flying again this season. Always rated Hughton, when he left Norwich I posted on here that I would love to get at him City...great track record, he was treated pretty badly at Newcastle...

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not so sure Dave with some of the things Lee has said recently !!!

(Think he will be looking to 'move a few on' don't you ?) 

Ah, but what Lee and I think isn't very often the same these days.

I agree, a few will go.

Golbourne, Matthews (loan), Little (ooc), possibly Tomlin, Wilbraham (I'd get him involved in the coaching set up), possibly Pack.

who knows though!

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

On another note

Leicester feeling a bit of 'Manager Gone' bounce !!!!!  :bounce:

Beating the Scousers 3-0 after an hour !!!!

( Sorry Dave !!  )

I refer you to the Leicester......... thread.

You've already spoiled my evening once.  I'm sat here with Broadchurch paused whilst Mrs Fevs is baking cakes.  Please don't spoil that. :P

I'm very excited about Villa tomorrow.  Not been to an away game without Joe since I started taking him, and it's got to be Forest in the FAC in the Clough days before that.  Yes, I'm a proper Part-timer!

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I refer you to the Leicester......... thread.

You've already spoiled my evening once.  I'm sat here with Broadchurch paused whilst Mrs Fevs is baking cakes.  Please don't spoil that. :P

I'm very excited about Villa tomorrow.  Not been to an away game without Joe since I started taking him, and it's got to be Forest in the FAC in the Clough days before that.  Yes, I'm a proper Part-timer!

Apologies posted above before I saw a Leicester thread had started - at least they have got one back !!!

On 2/26/2017 at 17:02, Septic Peg said:

So have I. Tammy wanted a go in my DeLorean and he did 88mph on the A370. I found we won the play-offs next season and finally made the promised land. So one of us must have changed something and created a parallel universe. Did you bring back the Sports Almanac or do I have to phone Tammy?

Edit: Tammy has never been in my DeLorean. Neither have I for that fact.

@septic peg, have just been out and converted my mx5 to a delorian (hard to do with a soft top) got some thing wrong instead of going backward I went forward in, 74 years time(i will be long dead) bristol city reach the promised land, universe(used to be sky) are still showing leeds fixtures but now three times a day. we have finally made the promised land.

the team was(or is)

cash raily

coll gerry ,hunt norm(not sure why but he licked their legs),  coll garyier,Mer geofrick

gowger dill gonnies white civehead(scored the goal that took us up) , manjim

richtom and cheese pauly.

please understand whilst jesting those players are my heros

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Enjoy tomorrow mate, it's a top stadium. My sis is a Villa fan, I've been on the Holte End with her loads over the years, proper atmosphere, proper fans. 

One pre-match Villa story I've put on here before never gets tired (to me!) - I was in a pub near Villa Park for a game just after England had won the rugby World Cup in 2003.....a brummie behind me said to his mate, "So, Johnny Wilkinson is a national hero for kicking a ball over a bar...I watched Warren Aspinall do that for years.."

Laugh?! I nearly spat my Old Speckled Hen out!

54 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Enjoy tomorrow mate, it's a top stadium. My sis is a Villa fan, I've been on the Holte End with her loads over the years, proper atmosphere, proper fans. 

One pre-match Villa story I've put on here before never gets tired (to me!) - I was in a pub near Villa Park for a game just after England had won the rugby World Cup in 2003.....a brummie behind me said to his mate, "So, Johnny Wilkinson is a national hero for kicking a ball over a bar...I watched Warren Aspinall do that for years.."

Before all the great terraces were seated The Kop , Holme End , Gallowgate etc I made sure I visited each one to sample what they were all about

At the time I went on the Holte they were flying high, evening match v Spurs  and it was fantastic 

Not as good as the good ole (70s) East End though   :thumbsup:

57 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I've been before....Villa v Scummy Utd, the Lee Sharpe Elvis Wiggle game....Sky Monday Night Soccer iirc.  Stood on the Holte End, and sniffed a lot of dope.

Probably said before, but my mate played against Aspinall in the Pontins League (northern equivalent of the Combination), and said he was a fine player.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I've sorted the summer so everyone can chill out.  

In:

Connor Ripley, Chris Solly, Byron Webster, David Cotterill, Conor McAleny, Rachid Alioui

Out:

Mark Little, Scott Golbourne, Marlon Pack, Lee Tomlin, Jamie Paterson, Aaron Wilbraham, Adam Matthews, Tammy Abraham (unfortunately), Gustav Engvall

That David Cotterill ain't good enough for us, been told he can leave Birmingham, can't be any good.:facepalm:

Eff me....the new Wade Elliott imho.

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I've been before....Villa v Scummy Utd, the Lee Sharpe Elvis Wiggle game....Sky Monday Night Soccer iirc.  Stood on the Holte End, and sniffed a lot of dope.

Probably said before, but my mate played against Aspinall in the Pontins League (northern equivalent of the Combination), and said he was a fine player.

Lee Sharpe did his "Elvis"celebration in loads of games, including a few against Villa! Which season did you go up there? I might have been there with my sis...

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 08:57, GJS said:

Both LJ and the players will be a lot wiser from what has happened this season and with a couple of championship quality signing we can become a good championship side with LJ in charge.

But when you consider that Johnson is not able to field a team of Championship quality from the 23 he has signed already, would you trust him to sign 2 more?

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

But when you consider that Johnson is not able to field a team of Championship quality from the 23 he has signed already, would you trust him to sign 2 more?

Yes.

Im hoping that he has learnt from this first full season,

I believe LJ will become a good manager if given time.

Archived