IGNORED

Fake news !

DT The Optimist

Having had a good laugh about old Donald across the pond and 'fake news' and banning loads media .  He would have a seizure if he read what goes on in our world. Thought it was apt that we could have a 'fake news thread' about what was said after the Fulham  game, particularly in our digital world of OTIB.  We all know everything that appears on these boards , by us key board warriors is true.:fear:

I will start a few off

• Pembo already left the club (strange, he was in dug out yesterday)
  • Johnson been sacked and press release at 5.00pm Thursday (No, was not)
  • Press release now at 6.00pm Thursday (no was not)
  • Press release now at 7.00pm Thursday (no was not)
  • LJ last game is Saturday gone by Monday (er....)

38 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Having had a good laugh about old Donald across the pond and 'fake news' and banning loads media .  He would have a seizure if he read what goes on in our world. Thought it was apt that we could have a 'fake news thread' about what was said after the Fulham  game, particularly in our digital world of OTIB.  We all know everything that appears on these boards , by us key board warriors is true.:fear:

I will start a few off

Lansdown buys prize greyhound for Lee Johnson to see if he can hold onto the lead.

When asked for a meeting with 'Invisible Man' Mark Ashton, his secretary advises caller, "No one can see him right now."

New range of Dean Holden lucky charms go on sale in City Superstore.

(Remember, all comments are said completely in jest)

Not really sure of the point of the OP; this is a forum, there is always plenty of speculation, especially when we're doing badly (and we've been doing very badly indeed this season; one decent performance and result yesterday doesn't erase that).

'Fake News' and speculation are wildly different things; the former is probably closer to the club saying Arnie Garita doesn't have a twitter account when he clearly does, or LJ saying post-Leeds we're in a better position this season that last (a patient untruth).

Those are official sources saying something untrue; completely different from speculation, and to associate the two is to feed the problem - so, please; let's not give the likes of Kachina the same credence as BCFC's own twitter in the pursuit of scoring points on a forum.

And as decent as yesterday was, can we also dial down the "I told you so" bollocks from a good few who've positioned themselves as 'LJ till I die'?  One game and one performance doesn't completely erase the rest of the dire muck we've seen this season; hopefully it is the start of a revival, but playing like we're now safe is nonesense of the highest order.

Balance in all things.

Internet forums are conspiracist heaven.

In days gone by, if someone went into a pub talking bollocks, they'd have been given short thrift and that would have been it.

Forums - well even the most seasoned posters can be drawn into a good conspiracy. Is this because they want it to be true, they on occasion fall for a good confidence trick or some other reason? There are no answers to these questions because no one wants to know.

The OP has pointed some of the wild stories that were posted up last week (which turned out to be bollocks), and to a certain extent is taking the piss out of those who willingly jumped on the various band wagons because it suited their purposes. The sadness of it all? Then the SL, MA et. al. posts then came about. Why? Probably because the posters felt emboldened to perpetuate even more outlandish stories (to what purpose this is done is known only to them). No one thought to pause and say, 'You know what, you're talking bollocks'. Anyone who did was called a 'Happy Clapper', 'Delusional' 'pick your own pejorative'.

If ever it gets to the time where my views and thoughts are correct, you won't catch me saying 'I told you so' - the people who wanted to believe certain things will know they were wrong, will either say 'See, we were right and LJ changed his ways' (the take credit delusion) or give some other banal view.

If LJ goes, he goes. I'll just move on and try to support the next lamb to the slaughter.

I hope LJ and his team step up to the plate for no other reason that I want City to do well.

Onwards and upwards

2 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

I will start a few off

What about "LJ didn't pick the team yesterday" ?

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

Internet forums are conspiracist heaven.

In days gone by, if someone went into a pub talking bollocks, they'd have been given short thrift and that would have been it.

Forums - well even the most seasoned posters can be drawn into a good conspiracy. Is this because they want it to be true, they on occasion fall for a good confidence trick or some other reason? There are no answers to these questions because no one wants to know.

The OP has pointed some of the wild stories that were posted up last week (which turned out to be bollocks), and to a certain extent is taking the piss out of those who willingly jumped on the various band wagons because it suited their purposes. The sadness of it all? Then the SL, MA et. al. posts then came about. Why? Probably because the posters felt emboldened to perpetuate even more outlandish stories (to what purpose this is done is known only to them). No one thought to pause and say, 'You know what, you're talking bollocks'. Anyone who did was called a 'Happy Clapper', 'Delusional' 'pick your own pejorative'.

If ever it gets to the time where my views and thoughts are correct, you won't catch me saying 'I told you so' - the people who wanted to believe certain things will know they were wrong, will either say 'See, we were right and LJ changed his ways' (the take credit delusion) or give some other banal view.

If LJ goes, he goes. I'll just move on and try to support the next lamb to the slaughter.

I hope LJ and his team step up to the plate for no other reason that I want City to do well.

Onwards and upwards

Thank you. Exactly a bit of fun no more ;). On the forum there have been threads with great wit and humour, angry persons, happy people, you name it. As well as the clear Fake news that is so topical across the Atlantic and got old Donald in a p1ss.

Another example last week was Keith Millen seen in stands. Not Fake he was there, or his double. Having been spotted he is elevated to being our next head coach :grr:.  

The forum is a great place where like minded people with the same passion share views, sometimes fantasy and reality get mixed up. I am no different.

7 hours ago, samo II said:

Not really sure of the point of the OP; this is a forum, there is always plenty of speculation, especially when we're doing badly (and we've been doing very badly indeed this season; one decent performance and result yesterday doesn't erase that).

'Fake News' and speculation are wildly different things; the former is probably closer to the club saying Arnie Garita doesn't have a twitter account when he clearly does, or LJ saying post-Leeds we're in a better position this season that last (a patient untruth).

Those are official sources saying something untrue; completely different from speculation, and to associate the two is to feed the problem - so, please; let's not give the likes of Kachina the same credence as BCFC's own twitter in the pursuit of scoring points on a forum.

And as decent as yesterday was, can we also dial down the "I told you so" bollocks from a good few who've positioned themselves as 'LJ till I die'?  One game and one performance doesn't completely erase the rest of the dire muck we've seen this season; hopefully it is the start of a revival, but playing like we're now safe is nonesense of the highest order.

Balance in all things.

Balanced , intelligent and well thought out post. always throws me when one pops up on here :yes::whistle:

Asked if the club's poor form will mean this year's end of season players' awards are cancelled, City Chief Operating Officer Mark Whatshisname replies, "Categorically not and I look forward to meeting all our supporters in the Lansdown Suite for what I promise will be a barnstorming event, on Saturday 11th May - 2019."

Archived