IGNORED

Johnson gone yet?

Unan

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I guess he has to phone his dad and say "hey dad, I'm on borrowed time here" and dad says "OK son, ask for another transfer window and keep it tight with one up front.  No need to attack until you are 2 down and if you grab a goal, play 10 men behind the ball.  Dont start playing until the last 10 minutes"

He is on borrowed time. That's why he had to return his father's Superman watch.

51 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I guess he has to phone his dad and say "hey dad, I'm on borrowed time here" and dad says "OK son, ask for another transfer window and keep it tight with one up front.  No need to attack until you are 2 down and if you grab a goal, play 10 men behind the ball.  Dont start playing until the last 10 minutes"

Plus youve got plenty of clubs in the bag as well....

When the new head coach appointment as being made  SL gathered the board together to announce the name of the new appointee, and to enhance the occasion he booked Faye Dunaway to make the announcement.

It was only after she had announced LJ as the new head coach that they realised that she had opened the wrong envelope. Neil Warnock's name was in the envelope to be announced as new head coach but she opened the envelope containing LJ's name as head ball boy in error.

In view of this I'm just surprised that they booked Dunaway to present an Oscar!

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

What has suggested that what so ever

The start of the season was encouraging and I still feel we've been incredibly unlucky in a number of games where we got nothing.

I think LJ will turn it round but I'm still concerned about next season as we've a squad full of mediocrity in my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, downendcity said:

When the new head coach appointment as being made  SL gathered the board together to announce the name of the new appointee, and to enhance the occasion he booked Faye Dunaway to make the announcement.

It was only after she had announced LJ as the new head coach that they realised that she had opened the wrong envelope. Neil Warnock's name was in the envelope to be announced as new head coach but she opened the envelope containing LJ's name as head ball boy in error.

In view of this I'm just surprised that they booked Dunaway to present an Oscar!

I knew that @AdamB was trouble. Head of Communications and can't even sort out a few envelopes for people to open. I mean how can you get the envelopes with 'Head Coach' and 'Head Ball Boy' mixed up?

A disgrace if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

After the Leeds and Fulham results I really thought his time was up. But then we get a fantastic result and performance up at Newcastle and that makes you think we'll maybe he can turn this around.

Nah, he's not turning this around. Look at Warnock, that's turning something around, the best we can do is hope and pray we survive but I don't see it, even after the Newcastle game. When Lee gets us two wins on the trot and a clean sheet or two I'll start to think he may turn it around but we haven't seen a league clean sheet since the 3rd December if you don't take the Rotherham game into account. 

The most frustrating part is we can play nice football, we can compete but the place we fall apart is in being able to see a game out and keep the ball out of the net, if we could change that we'd be a competitive team but that's just not changing right now, if anything it's becoming more prominent. 

22 minutes ago, downendcity said:

FAKE NEWS!! This never happened :) 

15 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

The start of the season was encouraging and I still feel we've been incredibly unlucky in a number of games where we got nothing.

I think LJ will turn it round but I'm still concerned about next season as we've a squad full of mediocrity in my opinion. 

and who signed most of them?

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Nah, he's not turning this around. Look at Warnock, that's turning something around, the best we can do is hope and pray we survive but I don't see it, even after the Newcastle game. When Lee gets us two wins on the trot and a clean sheet or two I'll start to think he may turn it around but we haven't seen a league clean sheet since the 3rd December if you don't take the Rotherham game into account. 

The most frustrating part is we can play nice football, we can compete but the place we fall apart is in being able to see a game out and keep the ball out of the net, if we could change that we'd be a competitive team but that's just not changing right now, if anything it's becoming more prominent. 

Why wouldn't you take Rotherham into account?

16 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

Because it's a anomaly. Oh and they're ******* dreadful. 

But we still had to actually play them to get the points, irrelevant of how good or bad we played, so you'd have to take the game into account or is it because we won & it doesn't fit in with the LJ bashing?

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But we still had to actually play them to get the points, irrelevant of how good or bad we played, so you'd have to take the game into account or is it because we won & it doesn't fit in with the LJ bashing?

No it's because they offered nothing for us to defend against and I'm sure if they  actually did, we would've conceded. It wasn't a game were we deserved a clean sheet, it was a game Rotherham didn't deserve to score in.

But ignore that anyway, obviously, I'm just anti-LJ for giving a rational view.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

FAKE NEWS!! This never happened :) 

A friend of a friend whose friend is a neighbour of the chap who is the cousin of the girl who does the nails of one of the players' wives told me, so it must be true!

19 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

he needs Semtex rather than laxatives

Now you're blowing things out of all proportion.

P.S. You wouldn't want to get semtex and laxatives mixed up 'cause it would make a mess of the toilet walls.

4 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

No it's because they offered nothing for us to defend against and I'm sure if they  actually did, we would've conceded. It wasn't a game were we deserved a clean sheet, it was a game Rotherham didn't deserve to score in.

But ignore that anyway, obviously, I'm just anti-LJ for giving a rational view.

But how is it a rational view when you want to ignore the fact that City won a game & with a clean sheet!

It's like Newcastle fans saying that they expect an extra 2 points because Bristol City are rubbish & are much smaller than them & should never be drawing with them!

Or maybe Burnley's fans should ask to be still in the FA Cup because Lincoln are a non-league team & should never be on the same pitch as them!

See where I'm coming from?

The fact that we beat Rotherham means that it helped LJ avoid the sack for a bit longer & gave us an extra 3 points in the league which doesn't help you does it?!?

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But how is it a rational view when you want to ignore the fact that City won a game & with a clean sheet!

It's like Newcastle fans saying that they expect an extra 2 points because Bristol City are rubbish & are much smaller than them & should never be drawing with them!

Or maybe Burnley's fans should ask to be still in the FA Cup because Lincoln are a non-league team & should never be on the same pitch as them!

The fact that we beat Rotherham means that it helped LJ avoid the sack for a bit longer & gave us an extra 3 points in the league which doesn't help you does it?!?

This. Don't care how we won against Rotherham, it was ugly but it was a much needed 3 points.

People moaning on how we beat Rotherham... imagine if we lost that one and LJ was still the 'man' :blink: this place would go nuclear (in meltdown terms)

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

I knew that @AdamB was trouble. Head of Communications and can't even sort out a few envelopes for people to open. I mean how can you get the envelopes with 'Head Coach' and 'Head Ball Boy' mixed up?

A disgrace if you ask me.

Peg. Trouble with City and Otib, communications is not their strong point. When being interviewed after Neil (note christian name as I rate him) my mate Freddie Fly was on the wall and Johnson asked SL for the job to which SL replied ' Sorry, Lee , you havent got the balls, boy, come back when we are bottom of the Championship '

2 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I've no doubt he'll turn it round given time.

i thought that after Ipswich at home. I then thought it again after Rotherham, I'm not thinking it anymore. He needs at least 3 comfortable wins in a row to get me back believing he may do alright. I can't see it.

3 hours ago, Honiton Tony said:

Talk about fickle

Fickle I am not. Ive pretty much always been in the 'in camp' 

By me saying I thought his time was up what I was actually saying was I believed he would be sacked, not that I wanted him to be sacked but just thought he would be sacked.

Fickle is the fans at Newcastle who before kick off were signing "we want Johnson out" then a few minutes later the exact same people were singing "bounce around the ground"

1 hour ago, cityshippers said:

Fickle is the fans at Newcastle who before kick off were signing "we want Johnson out" then a few minutes later the exact same people were singing "bounce around the ground"

I didn'there that chant at Newcastle at all

Like this

What chant are you on about cos both were certainly sang, the out chants being sung pre game in the pubs and concourses.

3 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Well it's not, we're not talking about the hard facts and disputing what happened. We're giving opinions on the team we support, if we were in court and not on OTIB I'd agree with you.

19 hours ago, Up The City! said:

After the Leeds and Fulham results I really thought his time was up. But then we get a fantastic result and performance up at Newcastle and that makes you think we'll maybe he can turn this around.

So before the Newcastle match thought he would not turn it around and now you do 

21 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Why wouldn't you take Rotherham into account?

because beating a shit side that we only managed a 1 goal win against at home despite them having only 17 points and a -45 goal difference. If you take that as a positive that's your choice but it's not a positive. My point is we can't keep the ball out of our own net and we seem to crumble the second we get a good lead, there is no backbone in this team at the moment.

The players attitude's seem to be head down the second we star losing grip of a lead, attitude reflects leadership and LJ is their leader.

19 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Well that's a good question. Are you sure it was LJ? I mean really sure?

no, but none of us has heard anything to make us think otherwise, and I think somebody would have said something by now as it would be hard to keep that quiet.

21 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

come on tell me you did not expect to beat Rotherham they are that bad I expect them to struggle in league 1, it would be like me fighting david hay, yes he would have to fight me but it would be a formality that's how confident I was of us beating them, so yes he was right they do not really count as much of a success. 

4 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

I checked the BCFC website two minutes ago, and it still says LJ is the manager.

I'll check again a 11 o'clock tomorrow, if we lose 6-0 tonight.

:badmood:

tfj

I think it's the fact that we don't ever get a battering that has saved him TBH. Apart from Brighton, it's always by the odd goal IIRC. They're all still losses which is my concern. :(

1 hour ago, Spike said:

because beating a shit side that we only managed a 1 goal win against at home despite them having only 17 points and a -45 goal difference. If you take that as a positive that's your choice but it's not a positive. My point is we can't keep the ball out of our own net and we seem to crumble the second we get a good lead, there is no backbone in this team at the moment.

The players attitude's seem to be head down the second we star losing grip of a lead, attitude reflects leadership and LJ is their leader.

1 hour ago, pillred said:

come on tell me you did not expect to beat Rotherham they are that bad I expect them to struggle in league 1, it would be like me fighting david hay, yes he would have to fight me but it would be a formality that's how confident I was of us beating them, so yes he was right they do not really count as much of a success. 

Irrelevant of what I / you expect & who we should & shouldn't beat, it's not just a case of turning up & being given 3 points, we still have to win the points!!

So on your basis, Villa should of been appealing to the league for our win against them to be reversed because they are such a massive club & have spent so much money!!

Newcastle should be asking for another 7 points as they have been beaten twice by a very poor Blackburn team who are in the bottom 3 of the league whilst Newcastle have been at the top for majority of the season & then there's the win they'll be asking for after only drawing against little old Bristol City!!

If football was that easy, bookies would be broke & there'd be no need to actually play the games because results should be given out on reputation!!

And this is the problem with some of our fan base, you expect something for nothing, surprise results happen & that's why nearly 3000 went to Newcastle, very few of them would of expected a win but the majority of them would of gone hoping for the victory!! Where as 50,000 Newcastle fans would of turned up expecting a victory against us, should they ignore that result as it wasn't expected?

19 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Irrelevant of what I / you expect & who we should & shouldn't beat, it's not just a case of turning up & being given 3 points, we still have to win the points!!

So on your basis, Villa should of been appealing to the league for our win against them to be reversed because they are such a massive club & have spent so much money!!

Newcastle should be asking for another 7 points as they have been beaten twice by a very poor Blackburn team who are in the bottom 3 of the league whilst Newcastle have been at the top for majority of the season & then there's the win they'll be asking for after only drawing against little old Bristol City!!

If football was that easy, bookies would be broke & there'd be no need to actually play the games because results should be given out on reputation!!

And this is the problem with some of our fan base, you expect something for nothing, surprise results happen & that's why nearly 3000 went to Newcastle, very few of them would of expected a win but the majority of them would of gone hoping for the victory!! Where as 50,000 Newcastle fans would of turned up expecting a victory against us, should they ignore that result as it wasn't expected?

using a win over Rotherham as proof of an upturn is laughable, I did not say upsets don't happen and nothing is a given, but the bookies are not rich for nothing

31 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Good god your bending over so much to try to make a argument that your in danger of snapping your spine.... they have valid points on Rotherham and keeping a clean sheet against them says nothing about the ability of our defence, other than their not as shit as the worst team in the league by far.

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

using a win over Rotherham as proof of an upturn is laughable, I did not say upsets don't happen and nothing is a given, but the bookies are not rich for nothing

I didn't use the Rotherham game as an out & out positive, I questioned why anyone would ignore the win against Rotherham as a basis in trying to prove how long ago it was since we'd had a clean sheet!! When the proof is there if you look at the fixtures / results list.

And you're just reiterating my point, bookies are rich because the unexpected happens & that is why people take part / watch all sports or competitions because no one has a right just to win.

Whichever way you look at it, Rotherham was a positive because it halted our run of games without a win & games without a clean sheet & will of in turn given the players a bit of confidence (or more than they would of had during our 8 consecutive defeats). 

I just don't understand how you can see the result as irrelevant? Those 3 points are currently helping us stay out the relegation zone. If we hadn't of won that game, player confidence would of been at an all time low & we'd be in the relegation places.

Norwich, Wigan, QPR & Brentford have all been beaten by Rotherham, if I'm understanding your reckoning right, they should all be below Rotherham as they've all lost to such an awful team?

9 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Good god your bending over so much to try to make a argument that your in danger of snapping your spine.... they have valid points on Rotherham and keeping a clean sheet against them says nothing about the ability of our defence, other than their not as shit as the worst team in the league by far.

Well **** it then, let's just ask the league to give Rotherham 2 goals & they can have the win because we're shit!!

There is no irrelevance in the result, we had to turn up & win the game, not just be given it!! If we had lost you would of been getting even more upset, it's like some people are only happy when they have something to moan about & I'm starting to think that us losing would actually make some people happier as they'd then have a reason to moan.

Fingers crossed for a win tonight. If we do get a real beating I feel that's it for Lee.  It would be wrong of the board to keep him in charge for the Burton game on Saturday. Can you imagine the atmosphere at the gate if Burton take the lead. The support need a lift  a new manager will give the whole club a massive lift. 

Archived