IGNORED

Johnson gone yet?

Unan

19 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Irrelevant of what I / you expect & who we should & shouldn't beat, it's not just a case of turning up & being given 3 points, we still have to win the points!!

So on your basis, Villa should of been appealing to the league for our win against them to be reversed because they are such a massive club & have spent so much money!!

Newcastle should be asking for another 7 points as they have been beaten twice by a very poor Blackburn team who are in the bottom 3 of the league whilst Newcastle have been at the top for majority of the season & then there's the win they'll be asking for after only drawing against little old Bristol City!!

If football was that easy, bookies would be broke & there'd be no need to actually play the games because results should be given out on reputation!!

And this is the problem with some of our fan base, you expect something for nothing, surprise results happen & that's why nearly 3000 went to Newcastle, very few of them would of expected a win but the majority of them would of gone hoping for the victory!! Where as 50,000 Newcastle fans would of turned up expecting a victory against us, should they ignore that result as it wasn't expected?

using a win over Rotherham as proof of an upturn is laughable, I did not say upsets don't happen and nothing is a given, but the bookies are not rich for nothing

31 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Irrelevant of what I / you expect & who we should & shouldn't beat, it's not just a case of turning up & being given 3 points, we still have to win the points!!

So on your basis, Villa should of been appealing to the league for our win against them to be reversed because they are such a massive club & have spent so much money!!

Newcastle should be asking for another 7 points as they have been beaten twice by a very poor Blackburn team who are in the bottom 3 of the league whilst Newcastle have been at the top for majority of the season & then there's the win they'll be asking for after only drawing against little old Bristol City!!

If football was that easy, bookies would be broke & there'd be no need to actually play the games because results should be given out on reputation!!

And this is the problem with some of our fan base, you expect something for nothing, surprise results happen & that's why nearly 3000 went to Newcastle, very few of them would of expected a win but the majority of them would of gone hoping for the victory!! Where as 50,000 Newcastle fans would of turned up expecting a victory against us, should they ignore that result as it wasn't expected?

Good god your bending over so much to try to make a argument that your in danger of snapping your spine.... they have valid points on Rotherham and keeping a clean sheet against them says nothing about the ability of our defence, other than their not as shit as the worst team in the league by far.

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

using a win over Rotherham as proof of an upturn is laughable, I did not say upsets don't happen and nothing is a given, but the bookies are not rich for nothing

I didn't use the Rotherham game as an out & out positive, I questioned why anyone would ignore the win against Rotherham as a basis in trying to prove how long ago it was since we'd had a clean sheet!! When the proof is there if you look at the fixtures / results list.

And you're just reiterating my point, bookies are rich because the unexpected happens & that is why people take part / watch all sports or competitions because no one has a right just to win.

Whichever way you look at it, Rotherham was a positive because it halted our run of games without a win & games without a clean sheet & will of in turn given the players a bit of confidence (or more than they would of had during our 8 consecutive defeats). 

I just don't understand how you can see the result as irrelevant? Those 3 points are currently helping us stay out the relegation zone. If we hadn't of won that game, player confidence would of been at an all time low & we'd be in the relegation places.

Norwich, Wigan, QPR & Brentford have all been beaten by Rotherham, if I'm understanding your reckoning right, they should all be below Rotherham as they've all lost to such an awful team?

9 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Good god your bending over so much to try to make a argument that your in danger of snapping your spine.... they have valid points on Rotherham and keeping a clean sheet against them says nothing about the ability of our defence, other than their not as shit as the worst team in the league by far.

Well **** it then, let's just ask the league to give Rotherham 2 goals & they can have the win because we're shit!!

There is no irrelevance in the result, we had to turn up & win the game, not just be given it!! If we had lost you would of been getting even more upset, it's like some people are only happy when they have something to moan about & I'm starting to think that us losing would actually make some people happier as they'd then have a reason to moan.

Archived