IGNORED

Leicester....

Maesknoll Red

50 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Vardy - Most sprints in a game this season 

hmmmmmmmm

I must say, i was pretty unconvinced by that argument. Yes tonight's game was the highest, but all of his sprint ratings were much the same - about five separating them.

As for the 'free BMWs' that someone quoted. What the hell is the big deal about a free BMW when you're getting paid £50-£100k a week??

2 hours ago, cityexile said:

Indeed.

Do not want to make too much of the 'players stopped playing for the manager' line, but does make you think of our situation.

If I am a Leicester fan, am I mainly delighted about tonight, or bloody annoyed that they have been taking the pee for a fair part of the season? Or do I blame the manager for whatever reason not being able to motivate them?

Pissed off with the players.

It isn't a clueless manager, it's the man that got that team to win the league last year.

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It's a strange one, no way the players wouldn't try for the guy who won them the league.

Why not? I wouldn't put anything past the modern footballer. 

The first game after Ranieri goes Vardy is back among the goals and they are beating one of the leading lights again?(OK, Liverpool have been chronic in 2017 but they should still have had too much for Leicester based on current form).

Very curious timing!

I hope one of the hacks at tonight's game had the gall to ask the players in the post-match press conference why they deliberately got CR sacked. But I expect it was the usual "Just how important was it to get the three points tonight" crap.

Seems to me that with the modern era players at certain clubs here and abroard don't always put it in let's say- agents, wages, sates effort.

If you look at them this season, seems to me Leicester have only 'turned up' about 12-13 times in ALL competitions.; That's it- if only some of us had such luxury in world of work eh, nice gig if you can get it etc.

Never thought Leicester though- a midtable yoyo club, would be such a team.

11 hours ago, cityexile said:

Indeed.

Do not want to make too much of the 'players stopped playing for the manager' line, but does make you think of our situation.

If I am a Leicester fan, am I mainly delighted about tonight, or bloody annoyed that they have been taking the pee for a fair part of the season? Or do I blame the manager for whatever reason not being able to motivate them?

I just dont know how you could blame the manager for lack of motivation in Leicester's case.

What could a caretaker manager possibly say that would suddenly instil that level of motivation and desire in them?

Something must have gone on behind the scenes and a fallout with Raneiri.

11 hours ago, phantom said:

Interesting how Leicester banned all banners from the ground tonight 

Doesn't surprise- try and put up a banner about LJ (though Newcastle away has brought him some time probably) if things go wrong again- wouldn't look good on TV for a start (not that we're on TV a lot!) and I dunno the club wouldn't want them obviously even for a non TV/Radio game.

Would say it's fairly standard practice- for purposes of clarity I mean banners which criticise the club or are seen to do so especially- but perhaps is all, who knows?

1) Leicester players got too big and assumed the squad would start to be strengthened with real quality players. This is why Mahrez, Vardy and Schmeichel stayed as they thought they would be playing alongside quality players.

2) Leicesters recruitment was poor, and the impact of the players they did sign was lacklustre. Some of the players in the Leicester team either got found out (Morgan, Huth, Drinkwater, Fuchs) as not being up to a second high intensity campaign, whilst others lost faith in the manager over poor summer recruitment (Mahrez, Vardy and to a lesser extent Schmeichel). 

This all combined to make Leicester a catastrophic failure this season with Ranieri at the helm, but in all honesty how much of it is his fault? I don't know the ins and outs of how their transfer dealings work, I'm just going by the most common stories I've heard from friends and reputable journalists. 

For me, those Leicester players have to take a long hard look at themselves. 

Archived