IGNORED

Corner turned

Major Isewater

46 minutes ago, Neo said:

I can see a lot wrong - I have been angry, frustrated etc for weeks.

The problem is here you are presumed to be an LJ liker or hater with nothing in between.

I could not give a to55 if he is manager tomorrow or not.

BUT I cannot see the point of booing and getting on the managers back during the game as ultimately it WILL affect the team.

I see some stuff above about the poor players or something similar and I get it to an extent - they are highly paid, easy life etc.

But in any walk of life if there is negativity aimed at you or somebody you potentially respect, like, admire etc you are going to be affected - some more than others.

The acceptance by some that they    have the right to get on people's backs yet accept no responsibility for any consequence which could be players under performing is bewildering to my simple mind.

Being jeered by home fans away from home with a vocal minority in your corner should galvanise.

Being jeered by home fans at home will, IMHO, upset you - these are still humans with all the emotions that goes with that.

I will not do it no matter what. I'm not an über fan or alternatively somebody that does not care - I just don't think it helps so refuse to join in. Simples.

A good post Neo , well explained 

What baffles me is the (very weak IMHO) defences of him on here  

i am like many on here analytical and critical of LJ and to a large degree the players but back them totally for the game

I don't see that the two have to be connected

There are some who chooses to voice their displeasure and as long as it's done appropriately and not at the wrong times I find it hard to criticise them at the moment 

Likewise it doesn't mean they can't criticise and debate on the forum

And it's everyone's right to back or defend LJ of course 

For me the two,arenas are completely different - if the players choose to peruse a fans forum at a time like this - bigger fool them !!!

10 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Well , a top performance at Newcastle has made many people talk of the corner being turned and LJ is ' In ' once again.

I don't want to diminish that effort , it took balls to go there and get something in front of fifty thousand Geordies and a team at the top of the League but now we must see the same levels of performance every week .

As someone posted on here it's a bit like the teams who up their game in the cup when playing Man Utd .

The standards have been set and we must not drop off because every match between now and the end of the season is a ' cup final ' .

We need to win nearly half of our remaining matches ,to get to 50 points,  something we've struggled to do since October last year so we are not out of the woods just yet .

I think calling it a 'top performance' against Newcastle is over-egging it. They're in the same league as us and we got a draw by the skin of our teeth

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Unfortunately it seems as though Mr Lansdown will be happy just to 'scrape home'....and the status quo will be maintained. 

A lot of fans I know (including myself) have ambitions way above that....and they are so frustrated that the club don't obviously share those ambitions. 

Oh well, Mr Lansdown is the owner, it's his money so he gets to make most of the decisions....whilst we may not agree with some of them there isn't seemingly a lot we can do.

Banners, boos, outrage on social media, etc will (outwardly) mean nothing to Mr Lansdown....he just seems so reluctant to put a proven manager in place.....but, having said that, I'm definitely very supportive of him, we are the envy of so many unstable clubs who would do anything to have an owner like Steve... 

Really sorry BS4 we won't be the envy of all the other clubs in the Championship if we go down.

Good owners bring success not just "poor to middling stability"!

Last 10 games

Blackburn 13pts

Wigan 12pts

Burton 11pts

City 5pts

lets face it, if that continues in even a vaguely similar way, it won't even be close, we'll be 7/8 pts adrift going into the last couple of games

Maybe the better bet is Wolves and Forest imploding?

3 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Last 10 games

Blackburn 13pts

Wigan 12pts

Burton 11pts

City 5pts

lets face it, if that continues in even a vaguely similar way, it won't even be close, we'll be 7/8 pts adrift going into the last couple of games

How some people still haven't woken up to our predicament is unbelievable.

Corner turned? A team with no confidence full of mistakes and poorly managed. A clueless manager who should have been sacked 2 months ago. We have an owner who is blinded by his friendship to the Johnson clan and a yes man in the shape of Mark Ashton. 

Corner turned? Don't make me laugh. Roll on playing Reading Academy in the tinpot trophy.

3 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Last 10 games

Blackburn 13pts

Wigan 12pts

Burton 11pts

City 5pts

Shocking isn't it.  Unbelievably;y there's still some on here who say we could finish mid table if we hit a good run.  We are not going to hit a good run!!  All the teams below us are slowly but surely reeling us in.  We must be the one team all those below us are looking too.  For those teams,they are probably looking at fighting over one relegation place now.  Rotherham have gone IMO and we'll not be far behind.  One place for 3 teams to fight over.

However, all is not lost; we are not in the relegation zone... we hit the bar twice.....we should have had a penalty.....we're only losing by one (now two) goals....fine margins.

Johnson out.

Archived