IGNORED

Match day parking

B-Rizzle

Sorry if this has been covered recently but wondered if you could recommend the best places to park on match day. I normally park a long way out and trek in but am bringing some family on Saturday who won't be up for that.

Is the park&ride still open? Bemmy cricket? Anywhere closer? I'm up for paying to guarantee a space as know road parking won't be readily available.

cheers all! 3 points tonight please!

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I always think bemmy cricket club is easiest. It's a fiver but the beer and food in the club is well priced

You still need to be fairly early (pre 2pm at least) to guarantee it not being full though. Even more so if it's been wet and the ground is muddy meaning less space for parking.

22 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I always think bemmy cricket club is easiest. It's a fiver but the beer and food in the club is well priced

14 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

You still need to be fairly early (pre 2pm at least) to guarantee it not being full though. Even more so if it's been wet and the ground is muddy meaning less space for parking.

Thanks both but probably parking up at more like 2:30.

does that mean you aren't allowed to park at the park and ride?

I always park in Sainsburys.  Its hit and miss if you get a ticket or not.  I simply dont have time to drive around Bristols busy roads on a Tuesday night or Saturday afternoon.  The roads around the ground are terrible, how anyone could live there I don't know.  Cars parked on both sides and you have to drive 200 yards to the next junction and hope nothing comes down towards you otherwise its a stand off until someone backs down and reverses back the way they came.  If I had to drive home after work and fight for a parking space like that I'd be in jail before the month was out.    Parking in Sainsburys works for me, less stress and only costs £30 if you get a ticket but pay in 14 days.  I contacted the people that issue the tickets to see if I could get a season ticket because it would work out cheaper for all concerned, they were not interested and explained I shouldn't be parking there.  Shame really, I'm sure Sainsburys could make some money out of this.

Park at Sainsburys

58 minutes ago, bcfcRobbo said:

Sorry if this has been covered recently but wondered if you could recommend the best places to park on match day. I normally park a long way out and trek in but am bringing some family on Saturday who won't be up for that.

Is the park&ride still open? Bemmy cricket? Anywhere closer? I'm up for paying to guarantee a space as know road parking won't be readily available.

cheers all! 3 points tonight please!

JustPark! Amazing how many people still don't seem to know about it! It's the answer to all your problems.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

I really hope @Septic Peg is actually SL, someone's got onboard with the idea.

Its rare to find people with true vision. This ones for you Septic.

IMG_2256.JPG

Thanks for the stoat pic. It's awesome.

As for SL in disguise, I'm afraid not. At least 5 people on here know who I really am in the flesh. So unless SL has boobs and long hair, I'm afraid to burst the bubble. 

Archived