IGNORED

Mark Ashton, Where are YOU?

Zip Nolan

2 hours ago, Zip Nolan said:

What the **** is going on cocker?

If I were him I would be shocked and exasperated and not know what to say. I'd hazard a guess he like everyone has had enough of the situation, so what can he say? Either he stays silent due to threats from above or he backs LJ. Silence is an answer in and of itself IMO. 

6 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Keith Dawe?

Doug Harman?

Junior Lansdown?

Ernie Arathoon?

How are they all earning approaching £400K in total ?

Jon's being paid by his dad so that's a family matter and as far as I was aware Ernie has put his own money in rather than taking any out.

I don't know about Keith and Doug.

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Jon's being paid by his dad so that's a family matter and as far as I was aware Ernie has put his own money in rather than taking any out.

I don't know about Keith and Doug.

You will find that Keith has invested millions of his own money in the club.

Doug is chief executive and, as is the norm, chief executives are paid good money.

4 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Slimey snake according to many. Talks the talk, but can't walk the walk. Where are you Ashton when the club needs you? 

Expecting the fans to stick by the club is not a given when we are on such a shit run of form.

To say what exactly? Lansdown came out on Friday, gave his support to Lee, and was crucified for it, even though it was all he could say if LJ's staying (for now). Doing that again seems like a great idea.

6 hours ago, Zip Nolan said:

What the **** is going on cocker?

Is it his job to make a statement? I think not.

He seems to be mainly employed over contract and recruitment matters. The business side of football.

I'm sure he, like other club employees, has his own views on the situation, but the point is they are employees. The guy who is paying their wages has made his call and what they think is irrelevant.

I would hope, Ashton is subtly sounding out replacements for LJ even as we speak, but you aren't going to get anyone in a business "speaking out" and criticising the boss in an open fashion.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Is it his job to make a statement? I think not.

He seems to be mainly employed over contract and recruitment matters. The business side of football.

I'm sure he, like other club employees, has his own views on the situation, but the point is they are employees. The guy who is paying their wages has made his call and what they think is irrelevant.

I would hope, Ashton is subtly sounding out replacements for LJ even as we speak, but you aren't going to get anyone in a business "speaking out" and criticising the boss in an open fashion.

One would not expect him to speak out and criticise. 

One would however expect to hear him backing the official line given that he was never off the air with his "DNA" when we were doing ok.

9 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

One would not expect him to speak out and criticise. 

One would however expect to hear him backing the official line given that he was never off the air with his "DNA" when we were doing ok.

Well it would appear that he would be criticised for trotting out the official line and here he is being criticised for not having done so. The bloke cannot win.

For all we know, he has made his thoughts known to SL and they may align with ours. That in itself would be a good reason not to have him give a statement that would be hypocritical on his part.

Lansdown has spoken and as he owns the club it is only his thoughts that really count. What Ashton thinks is as irrelevant as what the physio or Scott Murray thinks on the matter.

14 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Lansdown has spoken and as he owns the club it is only his thoughts that really count. What Ashton thinks is as irrelevant as what the physio or Scott Murray thinks on the matter.

That's not entirely true, he was not unconnected with SC's departure, and actually arrived several days before. The announcement was delayed so as to let the dust settle on Cotts leaving.

That said, why just have him parroting what Lansdown has already said, and just serving to piss more people off.

This is truly a massive shambles

And the buck stops with one man, because of the autocratic way he has chosen to set the club and BS up. 

It is all so dated. Something out of the nineteenth century. 

There is an urgent need for a full and comprehensive audit of the club. Clearly the Board won't make such a decision, although it is the body that should.  We probably are reduced to hoping for The Sunday Times or Channel 4 to initiate one, so I shan't be holding my breath

Archived