IGNORED

Banners

CotswoldRed

Anyone know how the stadium mafia view banners. I'm talking about banners that express our feelings about this debacle. 

Am I likely to be booted out in some expression of North Korean intolerance, never to be seen again, with my season ticket confiscated? 

Wouldn't surprise me - it's hardly an open and fair club, given the way they've treated some fans in the past. 

Anyone had any grief with it?

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Anyone know how the stadium mafia view banners. I'm talking about banners that express our feelings about this debacle. 

Am I likely to be booted out in some expression of North Korean intolerance, never to be seen again, with my season ticket confiscated? 

Wouldn't surprise me - it's hardly an open and fair club, given the way they've treated some fans in the past. 

Yep, the Atyeo lot were told to move a banner that said "We want our robin back" from close to the tunnel to a more 'discrete' position as it was viewed as 'having a pop' at the club's hierarchy. So I'd imagine anything LJ related would not go down well!

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

I know someone who sells programs, I'll ask him when I see him. 

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep, the Atyeo lot were told to move a banner that said "We want our robin back" from close to the tunnel to a more 'discrete' position as it was viewed as 'having a pop' at the club's hierarchy. So I'd imagine anything LJ related would not go down well!

The amount of anger currently circling round LJ could see this get nasty, I think the stewards will have a problem if they try to remove anything and might back off.

8 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Anyone from the club care to comment? 

SL commented last week on this, very clearly. He does not want any dissent in the ground because this is so much harder, if not impossible, to ignore, unlike all the "noise" on here and other modern ways of protesting.

1 minute ago, ploppy said:

Could I ask that we leave banners until after the Burton game? This is the biggest game of our season so we should get behind the team, LJ or no LJ. If we don't win that feel free to plaster the ground with banners for all I care!

Morning Steve, what's the weather like in Guernsey today?

1 minute ago, ploppy said:

Could I ask that we leave banners until after the Burton game? This is the biggest game of our season so we should get behind the team, LJ or no LJ. If we don't win that feel free to plaster the ground with banners for all I care!

No because even a win against Burton allows him to **** up two more results.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Morning Steve, what's the weather like in Guernsey today?

Is it really that ridiculous to want our fans to support our team during a relegation six pointer? In a situation where we need vital points on the board? I must be going insane if people would rather jeopardise that to a degree to get the manager out. To be clear, I would get behind putting banners out for Brighton at home (a team we would be expected to lose to) but not our relegation rivals. Is it really that controversial?

6 minutes ago, ploppy said:

Is it really that ridiculous to want our fans to support our team during a relegation six pointer? In a situation where we need vital points on the board? I must be going insane if people would rather jeopardise that to a degree to get the manager out. To be clear, I would get behind putting banners out for Brighton at home (a team we would be expected to lose to) but not our relegation rivals. Is it really that controversial?

Depends if you think it's in the best interest of the club if he leaves immediately and delaying the inevitable will certain take us down, if the banners shifted him out the door then I'd be happy to so called sacrifice burton as I believe him going is in the short and long term interest of the club, he should have gone weeks ago

22 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

SL commented last week on this, very clearly. He does not want any dissent in the ground because this is so much harder, if not impossible, to ignore, unlike all the "noise" on here and other modern ways of protesting.

I'm not asking whether they want it, I'm asking whether they will actively try to remove or cover up our feelings. 

14 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

Given that SL showed his disdain at paying fans voicing their opinion vocally. One would imagine this would be treated in equal regard.

Out of interest what would the banner read?

"Farce"? 

39 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Just make sure the word ULTRA is not on it and you should be fine , can't go there again !

10 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'm not asking whether they want it, I'm asking whether they will actively try to remove or cover up our feelings. 

They cannot remove or cover up a chorus of voices but I reckon a dissenting sheet or a banner will be confiscated by "The Project."

36 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

Given that SL showed his disdain at paying fans voicing their opinion vocally. One would imagine this would be treated in equal regard.

Out of interest what would the banner read?

I suggest in keeping with a theme we go for

"SL OUT MAN AVERAGE HEIGHT"

Just now, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I've got banners in before without anyone (stewards) even noticing, let alone checking it. 

Use your ninja skills for Saturday then please. The board/LJ/SL need to know HOW toxic and bad for the club keeping him here is. 

Forget 'oh can we wait til after Burton', christ, we were saying 'just one more game' months ago. The time for change was long ago, but it still needs to happen and fast. 

6 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I've got banners in before without anyone (stewards) even noticing, let alone checking it. 

I'm in row 1 so they can get at me more easily. 

We'll see. 

Wonder if they'd take the banner from my disabled son. 

25 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'm in row 1 so they can get at me more easily. 

We'll see. 

Wonder if they'd take the banner from my disabled son. 

Stewards take a banner off a disabled lad in my view they will have more to worry about than LJ being offended 

Archived