IGNORED

Banners

CotswoldRed

I've said it before. I'm against banners and booing.

In my experience open criticism has never made me perform well. I'll be there on Saturday and as many other games I can get to before the end of the season. I'll be supporting the team I've supported for more years than I care to remember.

What I'm not doing though is supporting Bristol Sport or Lansdown any more.

I'm not buying a programme. I'm not buying an over priced Grab Bag of ******* crisps, or a ******* Yorkie or a pint. Not even a cup of tea.

I'll buy a season ticket for me and the kids so we can continue to go to the football. What I'm not doing is spending any more than that.

Until decisions are taken that sees an improvement on the green stuff :)

I'm inclined to agree that banners don't help the immediate task. I just feel we are past accepting that SL will take any action without something more direct from the fans. 

What other options do we have, other than carry on as before? 

This week you're damned whatever you do. Until recently no one really wanted to believe relegation was a possibility but now I think most think it's very likely given the inability of the coaching staff to generate any real noticeable improvement over the past few weeks. Forget the two freak results and even those came from throwing away winning positions. How anyone has been able to turn a blind eye to a run generating 13 points from 69 is simply incomprehensible. So I don't want to see them beaten on Saturday but neither do I want a result which allows the status quo to be maintained.  Still, we showed against Rotherham how to win in an abject manner. Maybe more of the same?

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'm inclined to agree that banners don't help the immediate task. I just feel we are past accepting that SL will take any action without something more direct from the fans. 

What other options do we have, other than carry on as before? 

Couldn't agree more

Good luck to those taking banners. 

I think the important thing come Saturday is that no one waits til we go one down or until the final whistle to start the protests.

I get that a bad atmosphere doesn't help the players but we've got beyond that now. SL needs to know. 

If we win, then the chanting and banners must continue. We cannot allow it to be swept under the carpet and LJ be given more time if we win. 

Good luck. 

19 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think the important thing come Saturday is that no one waits til we go one down or until the final whistle to start the protests.

I get that a bad atmosphere doesn't help the players but we've got beyond that now. SL needs to know. 

If we win, then the chanting and banners must continue. We cannot allow it to be swept under the carpet and LJ be given more time if we win. 

Good luck. 

Agreed. The chants should start from the first whistle. 

13 hours ago, ploppy said:

Is it really that ridiculous to want our fans to support our team during a relegation six pointer? In a situation where we need vital points on the board? I must be going insane if people would rather jeopardise that to a degree to get the manager out. To be clear, I would get behind putting banners out for Brighton at home (a team we would be expected to lose to) but not our relegation rivals. Is it really that controversial?

I think the jeopardising began a long time ago.

If we go down it won't have anything to do with Saturday. 

Oh Mr Lansdown what have you done.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

You'll need to establish some sort of holding pattern and maybe alternative airports. I would imagine air traffic control could be busy.

Good luck.

I was thinking scaled down to around 12 inches, rather than full size. 

13 hours ago, ploppy said:

Is it really that ridiculous to want our fans to support our team during a relegation six pointer? In a situation where we need vital points on the board? I must be going insane if people would rather jeopardise that to a degree to get the manager out. To be clear, I would get behind putting banners out for Brighton at home (a team we would be expected to lose to) but not our relegation rivals. Is it really that controversial?

Yes.

He's a terrible manager and that was obvious to anyone with half a brain cell right from day one.

The sooner he goes the sooner the repair job can start.

Although it does worry me that the repair job will be performed by the persons responsible for this in the first place.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Good luck. 

And the fact that he can easily snivel down the tunnell so quick now its been moved

22 hours ago, ploppy said:

Could I ask that we leave banners until after the Burton game? This is the biggest game of our season so we should get behind the team, LJ or no LJ. If we don't win that feel free to plaster the ground with banners for all I care!

You mean since the last "biggest game of our season" :whistle:

22 hours ago, ploppy said:

I might be reading this wrong but we aren't playing Brighton at home again this season (or again for a few seasons I expect). Brighton away is our last away game, I don't think people's patience will last until then, and we may well be relegated by then anyway.

I hate the talk of banners and booing personally, never mind the sight of them. Only because I hate failure and being defeated as I've said before. I'm a bad loser and stubborn as hell, not only about football but life in general. If I mess up I fix it. Protests such as Charlton did are quite good though, when they threw plastic pigs I think it was onto the pitch, and was it them or someone else did beach balls?

I totally understand why SL doesn't want voices of dissent at the match and why he has stated this to the fans. That's fine, but I really hope the players are getting a similar laying down of the law and what is expected from them too. Yes the fans have had a slap on the wrist but the players and playing staff should be getting a kick up the backside too as far as I'm concerned.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

I might be reading this wrong but we aren't playing Brighton at home again this season (or again for a few seasons I expect). Brighton away is our last away game, I don't think people's patience will last until then, and we may well be relegated by then anyway.

I hate the talk of banners and booing personally, never mind the sight of them. Only because I hate failure and being defeated as I've said before. I'm a bad loser and stubborn as hell, not only about football but life in general. If I mess up I fix it. Protests such as Charlton did are quite good though, when they threw plastic pigs I think it was onto the pitch, and was it them or someone else did beach balls?

I totally understand why SL doesn't want voices of dissent at the match and why he has stated this to the fans. That's fine, but I really hope the players are getting a similar laying down of the law and what is expected from them too. Yes the fans have had a slap on the wrist but the players and playing staff should be getting a kick up the backside too as far as I'm concerned.

I used Brighton at home as a hypothetical example of a team where we would likely lose to. You're better off protesting at a game which could be perceived as a write off than a relegation six pointer. I posted in another thread if winning 1 0 to Burton followed by a 5 0 mauling against Norwich is what gets LJ sacked then so be it - as long as it makes us more likely to beat Wigan away.

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Can we throw inflatable gnomes onto the pitch?

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Can we throw inflatable gnomes onto the pitch?

Or even concrete ones! :laughcont:

( I've had to add the laughing emoji as I'm sure someone will think I was being serious and report a moderator 'who should know better' of inciting violence!) 

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Or even concrete ones! :laughcont:

( I've had to add the laughing emoji as I'm sure someone will think I was being serious and report a moderator 'who should know better' of inciting violence!) 

No, you have a valid point....! :whistle: Concrete ones towards the dugout (joke!)

1 minute ago, Bob Thompson said:

If I support the club SL and LJ can I have a banner or is this only for a certain section who wish to undermine the present regime?

As the man with exclusive distribution rights over the letter 'L' for banners, I would welcome your custom.

13 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

If I support the club SL and LJ can I have a banner or is this only for a certain section who wish to undermine the present regime?

Put up whatever banner you like. SL and LJ don't need us to undermine their project. They're doing a terrific job. Sorry I mean terrifying. 

7 hours ago, Bob Thompson said:

Go for it. If you feel that strongly I would 100% respect your decision.

Just as I respect those,  who having watched an owner preside over 10 years of footballing failure and an incumbent manager who as overseen record numbers of losses and is on the verge of taking us down, that wish to display their's. 

Archived