IGNORED

Quite Disturbing...

Kid in the Riot

24 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

There is no doubt that the club/BS is not following UEFA best practice in terms of the commitment it gives to the SLO role. As the SC&T, you may recall, we had hoped when DL left that the club/BS would see that as an opportunity to look anew at the role and come closer to what UEFA would like clubs to do.

Having said that, I think it's unfair to criticise Adam personally. He clearly got landed with the job. I'm pretty sure he didn't ask for it. Ditto Rachel Lemar, who is notionally also regarded by BS as an SLO.

To be fair to Adam, he has been much better at attending meetings of various supporter groups (e.g. all SC&T and FAN meetings since his appointment), which his predecessor did not do and also chips in on here from time to time, which again his predecessor had stopped doing towards the end of his term. Adam also 'fought our corner' at the start of the season when BS sneakily added a £1 'booking fee' onto all tickets. With Adam helping to make our case for us internally, the SC&T, as you may recall, got that £1 scrapped from all tickets loaded onto cards or printed at home. On that issue, for one, he performed the SLO role well.

However, due to his very time-consuming full-time role as Head of Media, he is not able to fulfil the matchday aspects of the SLO job, either at home or away, e.g. he cannot be a point of contact on matchdays for any fans with an issue they wish to discuss with their SLO.

That is a failing of the way in which the club/BS operates this function and no fault of Adam's personally.

The situation is not ideal. But that is down to BS, not the individual in the role.

Is there any way that SCAT can request, politely, that Adam & Rachel resign their tenure as joint-SLO and allow BS to consult with SCAT as to how the role should be filled and how it would work in line with the UEFA principles? 

32 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

There is no doubt that the club/BS is not following UEFA best practice in terms of the commitment it gives to the SLO role. As the SC&T, you may recall, we had hoped when DL left that the club/BS would see that as an opportunity to look anew at the role and come closer to what UEFA would like clubs to do.

Having said that, I think it's unfair to criticise Adam personally. He clearly got landed with the job. I'm pretty sure he didn't ask for it. Ditto Rachel Lemar, who is notionally also regarded by BS as an SLO.

To be fair to Adam, he has been much better at attending meetings of various supporter groups (e.g. all SC&T and FAN meetings since his appointment), which his predecessor did not do and also chips in on here from time to time, which again his predecessor had stopped doing towards the end of his term. Adam also 'fought our corner' at the start of the season when BS sneakily added a £1 'booking fee' onto all tickets. With Adam helping to make our case for us internally, the SC&T, as you may recall, got that £1 scrapped from all tickets loaded onto cards or printed at home. On that issue, for one, he performed the SLO role well.

However, due to his very time-consuming full-time role as Head of Media, he is not able to fulfil the matchday aspects of the SLO job, either at home or away, e.g. he cannot be a point of contact on matchdays for any fans with an issue they wish to discuss with their SLO.

That is a failing of the way in which the club/BS operates this function and no fault of Adam's personally.

The situation is not ideal. But that is down to BS, not the individual in the role.

Agree entirely with this. 100%, would like the post many times if it was possible.

The bit I bolded is the most important bit I think- cockup by club/BS or something less incompetent...?

8 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Is there any way that SCAT can request, politely, that Adam & Rachel resign their tenure as joint-SLO and allow BS to consult with SCAT as to how the role should be filled and how it would work in line with the UEFA principles? 

A good post as ever Reg, but whats it got to do with Vincent Tan :thumbsup:

• SC&T Board Members
6 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I think the way forward would be for the SC&T to present BS with a review of the first year of operation of the SLO function in its current guise at the end of the season and at that point to reiterate where we feel there is room for improvement.

You would hope that they too would want to reflect at that point on how it's been going, take our points on board and make any changes deemed necessary.

Any club truly committeed to the concept of liaising with its supporters would clearly be only too happy to do this.

41 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

I think the way forward would be for the SC&T to present BS with a review of the first year of operation of the SLO function in its current guise at the end of the season and at that point to reiterate where we feel there is room for improvement.

You would hope that they too would want to reflect at that point on how it's been going, take our points on board and make any changes deemed necessary.

Any club truly committeed to the concept of liaising with its supporters would clearly be only too happy to do this.

Any club truly committed to the concept of liaising with its supporters would not have appointed Adam to the role in the first instance. In regard to your other post @Blagdon red I am certainly not criticising Adam for taking the role, it's very much a wider concern about why whoever ultimately made the decision felt he was an appropriate appointment that fulfilled the UEFA guidance on SLOs. As you've outlined, he clearly isn't an appropriate appointment and unfortunately I'm pretty pessimistic about any review of situation in a years time changing the minds of anyone at BS...

EDIT: In fact I'm so pessimistic about this that even if they did determine after a year he wasn't suitable for the role then I'm convinced they'd only then handpick someone known to them who they could mould suitably, as opposed to a genuine critical friend.

• SC&T Board Members
17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Any club truly committed to the concept of liaising with its supporters would not have appointed Adam to the role in the first instance. In regard to your other post @Blagdon red I am certainly not criticising Adam for taking the role, it's very much a wider concern about why whoever ultimately made the decision felt he was an appropriate appointment that fulfilled the UEFA guidance on SLOs. As you've outlined, he clearly isn't an appropriate appointment and unfortunately I'm pretty pessimistic about any review of situation in a years time changing the minds of anyone at BS...

EDIT: In fact I'm so pessimistic about this that even if they did determine after a year he wasn't suitable for the role then I'm convinced they'd only then handpick someone known to them who they could mould suitably, as opposed to a genuine critical friend.

You may think that. I, of course, couldn't possibly comment.

Archived