IGNORED

The board of directors

REDOXO

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Yeah the stadium built itself and the 17 players we had this season bought themselves, the half term soccer school my kids went to attended by 450 kids ran itself, the £9 million wage bill pays itself.

F all.... No you know F all!!! 

Clueless

Screw the stadium.

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Where are you? Who are you?

Are you puppets? Are you deaf/dumb/blind or just rabbits in the headlights?

The basic job of the board seems to be being ignored by you. When will someone come out and make a statement? At this point it's pretty obvious no one will or has the power to do or say anything. Just deferring all responsibility to Steve.

i guess some of you may have told Steve privately our managers a clown and our team is a joke, however you stay and take his money and keep your heads down and gobs shut.  How does that feel?

Someone needs to man up! Now!!

They only need to bend and splay.

23 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Yep, having been a regular for 50 years, I'm F*****G bored and pissed off with the constant false dawns and under achievement at my club. I'm pleased you're happy with the stuff for your kids etc. I want the first team sorted.

Berk.

See? I can do insults as well.

Time for cocco and bed, nearly six o'clock !!

27 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I don't disagree with this if applied to a usual business. Where it goes wrong is when applied to City. In a usual business the board would appoint and monitor the performance of the Chief Exec, who would have authority to hire and fire senior people. SL has the final decision on hiring and firing managers so, whatever his official title, he is a CE. The process at City is back to front as SL, the Chief Exec,  appoints the board! Even if they feel the club is not being run properly, due to poor performance by LJ or SL, they can't sack either. That's why I feel they are really senior managers 

Dawe picked SC, but he had no authority to appoint him. I'm sure that SL has said that he had agreed to Dawe's suggestion because previously he had ignored his suggestions. That's not really collective decision making because there is really only one person who makes the big decisions - SL. 

Can Keith Dawe pick the next one then?

*runs off to send Keith Dawe tweets, Facebook posts, text messages and letters telling him how great Gary Rowett is*

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Oh dear  I fear you are going to be bitterly disappointed one day.

And remember  'us old people' have seen it all before and with the wisdom of age  attempt to get you lads to see the reality and not what you would like to be the reality

Here ends the lesson because views are so inflexible here on otib it really isn't worth commenting further

I have put my views out there, so take them or leave them, I am no longer bothered

For someone who is no longer bothered you seem to post a hell of a lot about it!!!

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Oh dear  I fear you are going to be bitterly disappointed one day.

And remember  'us old people' have seen it all before and with the wisdom of age  attempt to get you lads to see the reality and not what you would like to be the reality

Here ends the lesson because views are so inflexible here on otib it really isn't worth commenting further

I have put my views out there, so take them or leave them, I am no longer bothered

Bet you do though.....

Nothing personal Ivor, but I'd really prefer to leave them.

It's just that when I see you have commented I know there's more chance your contribution will be negative about all things BCFC than LJ has of losing a match. I get that we're in a wretched situation- it's frustrating but there are good points about BCFC.

2 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Yep, having been a regular for 50 years, I'm F*****G bored and pissed off with the constant false dawns and under achievement at my club. I'm pleased you're happy with the stuff for your kids etc. I want the first team sorted.

Berk.

See? I can do insults as well.

good on yer! bored to tears with most of the comments on here

Back in the Middle Ages, even  the house of a merchant would typically only have a table made from boards with only one chair. The majority of the household sat on benches, or the floor, with the senior person sitting in the chair. Hence the expression "chairman of the board". Perhaps so much money has been spent on the ground that SL can only afford planks for a meeting table and only one chair, that Keith Dawe is allowed to sit on. That's why he's called "the chairman of board" even though he doesn't do much. Far fetched you say, but can you think of a better reason?

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Bet you do though.....

Nothing personal Ivor, but I'd really prefer to leave them.

It's just that when I see you have commented I know there's more chance your contribution will be negative about all things BCFC than LJ has of losing a match. I get that we're in a wretched situation- it's frustrating but there are good points about BCFC.

Name the good points for BCFC at the moment?  The 1st team, not the stadium or our 'academy'.

If your answer is look at 1982 blah de blah then that's just comparing crap with crap.

Our club, not the conrete and plastic, not SL's bank balance, not potential.

So what's left of BCFC?  

We're surrounded by the corporate crap of a lower placed Prem team with the real chance Rovers with their tent and plastic chairs will be above us next season.

Wake up!

30 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Name the good points for BCFC at the moment?  The 1st team, not the stadium or our 'academy'.

If your answer is look at 1982 blah de blah then that's just comparing crap with crap.

So what's left of BCFC?  

We're surrounded by the corporate crap of a lower placed Prem team with the real chance Rovers with their tent and plastic chairs will be above us next season.

Wake up!

Don't believe  some of them can wake up, or perhaps even want to. Perhaps the owner slips something into their half time Bovril every match!

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

So what's left of BCFC?  

Wake up!

What a perfect response. Ask a question then make up the answer which I never even hinted at or thought.

What a lot of anger in you.

Clearly for the likes of you, Ivor , Ben "Ultra" and Mile Hertz- there is nothing worth supporting at BCFC- so don't and save yourself and others a whole lot of hurt and do something else.

24 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

What a perfect response. Ask a question then make up the answer which I never even hinted at or thought.

Clearly for the likes of you, Ivor , Ben "Ultra" and Mile Hertz- there is nothing worth supporting at BCFC- so don't and save yourself and others a whole lot of hurt and do something else.

Here we go again personal abuse rather than rational debate

How dare you question mine or others support of City. You probably weren't even born when I saw my first game

We all support City and want City to be here in a 100 years time. Many of us believe the present structure militates against that desire. And on evidence of otib more and more people support such a view

You are welcome to disagree, but not with personal abuse - that is not the City way

3 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Of course I'm angry, aren't you?  If not why not?  My families club since 1894, don't you dare tell me to do something else.  For some of us this club means more than kowtowing to SL and clapping like performing sea lions at abject performances on the pitch and incompetence/arrogance in the boardroom.

23 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Of course I'm angry, aren't you?  If not why not?  My families club since 1894, don't you dare tell me to do something else.  For some of us this club means more than kowtowing to SL and clapping like performing sea lions at abject performances on the pitch and incompetence/arrogance in the boardroom.

Agreed I think city fans are allowed to feel angry. We should have established ourselves In league.

Yet for some reason we are precariously close to beckoning the Rocers once more.

10 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Here we go again personal abuse rather than rational debate

How dare you question mine or others support of City. You probably weren't even born when I saw my first game

We all support City and want City to be here in a 100 years time. Many of us believe the present structure militates against that desire. And on evidence of otib more and more people support such a view

You are welcome to disagree, but not with personal abuse - that is not the City way

Once again- you say what you think not what you actually read. There was zero personal abuse- not my style.

What I made clear is that if you feel that EVERYTHING to do with BCFC is wrong, bad, incompetent,  from the academy to the  first team, manager, board, owner and employees- what the hell are you doing still supporting this club?

And if you think OTIB is evidence of your own constantly negative views then why oh why would City get near 6000 away fans supporting their team very vocally in the last two away matches. They clearly think there's something still worth supporting as do I.

8 hours ago, RumRed said:

I repeat: if you are that angry and that negative- do something else and save your self the hurt.

I'm not angry because I don't believe our problems are the end of the world or a personal slight to me. I'm not angry because the memory of my best ever season as a supporter which no one predicted is still fresh in my memory. I'm not angry because so far we haven't been relegated.

Archived