IGNORED

Lee Johnson on Sky Sports

ollywhyte

Just cut to Lee giving a press conference, said nothing we haven't really heard before...

Cup final mentality Saturday
Under pressure to get results
Daunting for opposition when Ashton Gate is whipped up into a frenzy

Hes also retracting his must-win statement :facepalm: When asked about that he replied..

Is it disaster if we draw, of course not, if we win fantastic, but main thing is we go in with a mentality of winning...

Phew, thats ok then, as long as we try to win Saturday nothing else matters!

29 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Just cut to Lee giving a press conference, said nothing we haven't really heard before...

Hes also retracting his must-win statement :facepalm: When asked about that he replied..

Is it disaster if we draw, of course not, if we win fantastic, but main thing is we go in with a mentality of winning...

So what does equate to a disaster in his surreal little world ? I have had a bellyfull I really have, im not going saturday, i just cant face it all again.

23 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

******* make your mind up Lee. Is it a must win? "Must" in what sense?

Of course it's not a "MUST win"game. 

Its certainly a "really could do with winning" game. 

If we lose it will decide nothing, so it's not a must win game. Although perhaps for him individually it is...?! 

Can't help thinking hes been told if we lose Saturday he is gone. Why would he say a draw isn't a disaster, take it a lose is a disaster then?

A disaster is an event that has unfortunate consequences, i.e - Johnson being sacked.

A disaster is also commonly followed by a re-build.

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

Mentality of winning?

I suspect that the players have forgotten what that is - I certainly have as, sadly, I expect us not to win every game now!.

15 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Can't help thinking hes been told if we lose Saturday he is gone. Why would he say a draw isn't a disaster, take it a lose is a disaster then?

A disaster is an event that has unfortunate consequences, i.e - Johnson being sacked.

A disaster is also commonly followed by a re-build.

A disaster is the losing streak that got us to where we are now.

To be fair, he knows it's a must win game. We all do

He can't say it though, as should we not win, it would be Radio Bristol's first question in the post match interview 'will you resign after not winning a must win game'. He might be out of his depth right now, but I don't have him down as stupid

8 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

He can't say it though, as should we not win, it would be Radio Bristol's first question in the post match interview 'will you resign after not winning a must win game'. He might be out of his depth right now, but I don't have him down as stupid

He has already let the genie out of the bottle though hasn't he .

Going from ' must win ' to à draw is not bad and I suppose à loss is just regrettable.

I can see that he wants to take the pressure off the players but can you imagine LJ in Churchill's position.

We will maybe fight them on the beaches .

Where's the backbone ?

We're sleep walking out of this division along with SL .

Dammit   SATURDAY IS A MUST WIN MATCH .

No other result is acceptable and I don't care if the players feel the pressure.

Let them feel it and let them stand up and be counted .

YOU CAN DO IT BOYS .

IT IS UP TO YOU , DONT LET YOURSELVES, YOUR FAMILIES AND SUPPORTERS DOWN .

How the hell have we got to this?

Frightening really.

Staring in the face of Div 3 yet again, more windows to build a squad when half of this lot leave, rinse and repeat.

Its like ******* Groundhog Day but without the joy that's Bill Murray, we're just left with Andie MacDowell who never puts a shift in.

40 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

He past stupid long ago 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course it's not a "MUST win"game. 

Its certainly a "really could do with winning" game. 

If we lose it will decide nothing, so it's not a must win game. Although perhaps for him individually it is...?! 

For me, every game from now till the end of the season is a Must-Win game.

Not having a Must-Win mentality is why are in deep s^^t.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

I don't think radio bristol will ever have the balls to ask that

2 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Why retract its a must win game, surely every game is , and judging our current position in the league it's the proverbial nine pointer    

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Like anyone in club or local media would ask a daring question. I don't even bother listening to RB anymore as they are clearly told not to ask anything the fans might actually want to hear explained. Gutless. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Like anyone in club or local media would ask a daring question. I don't even bother listening to RB anymore as they are clearly told not to ask anything the fans might actually want to hear explained. Gutless. 

I agree but GT on RB asks what the fans want to be asked generally. The rest, including our own, are inept and only seem to ask questions that are heavily vetted.

3 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

What did you expect him to say?

Archived