IGNORED

Lee Johnson on Sky Sports

ollywhyte

There is much talk about a clause in in LJ's contract, should we fall in to the bottom 3, we can get rid at a reduced rate. I do think once we inevitably fall in to the drop zone, he will be gone. The thing is, will it be to late by then? Will we be relying on a "New Manager Bounce" to save us from relegation? Who knows, but just need to sit out Saturday. Burton will be a tough nut to crack.

11 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

There is much talk about a clause in in LJ's contract, should we fall in to the bottom 3, we can get rid at a reduced rate. I do think once we inevitably fall in to the drop zone, he will be gone. The thing is, will it be to late by then? Will we be relying on a "New Manager Bounce" to save us from relegation? Who knows, but just need to sit out Saturday. Burton will be a tough nut to crack.

That's one hell of a gamble if it's true Russel85!

8 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

If true (and it doesn't sound particularly convincing to me), then what you're suggesting is that SL is happy to risk the huge financial impact of relegation in the long run to save a few quid in the short term paying off LJ to go early. 

By anyone's standards that's a rediculous gamble. I really hope that's not the case because game by game the risk is getting significantly bigger. Say it takes us another 4 matches to drop into the bottom 3. Then what?

It makes rewarding the worst run of defeats in our history with an extended contract even more rediculous. 

What a mess. Again. 

2 hours ago, B block said:

He's a charlatan pretending to be a football manager 

The real Lee was kidnapped back in late September... he's been held in a dark and damp cellar somewhere ever since.. A doppelganger has been taking his place for several months now.. SL knows this but refuses point blank to negotiate with criminal gangs and will not hand over a penny in ransom money.  Infact the only thing that's bothered SL is the drop off of results on the pitch , other than that he's relishing the performance of the imposter on a daily basis. He thinks he's tremendous and the best act he's seen since Mike Yarwood,.

Getting a bit bored with football etc now, SL doesn't want Lee back, that's why he in turn has captured the imposter and intends keeping him for star billing in the BS Theatre he's decided to build on the AV site (you heard it here first) SL is going to become a theatre impresario and the LJ impersonator (who is currently in intense training perfecting other characters as we speak - he really is hurting as much as we are btw) is to be SL's 'Mike Oldfield' as he starts his entry into the world of thespians, comedians and good old fashioned music hall variety.

So, like quite a few of our posters dream of being, SL absolutely loves being the only one that is really ITK about what's happening at AG.(except me of course) no one else including MA and the squad have sussed it out yet....

Brian aka 'LEE' is that good.

2 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

That's one hell of a gamble if it's true Russel85!

I completely agree, that clause maybe rubbish but it has been floating around various social media sites but it may just be nonsense and as you say, one hell of a gamble. Its never easy being a City fan is it? I boring 14th place finish would have been lovely this year.

18 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What did you expect him to say?

Stick to his original must win statement, if you say something at least have the conviction to stick to it.

Or to be fair, I'd rather him just not speak at all - just get the results hes so good at talking about. Bored to death of it now after naively believing for months he was going to turn it around.

2 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

The real Lee was kidnapped back in late September... he's been held in a dark and damp cellar somewhere ever since.. A doppelganger has been taking his place for several months now.. SL knows this but refuses point blank to negotiate with criminal gangs and will not hand over a penny in ransom money.  Infact the only thing that's bothered SL is the drop off of results on the pitch , other than that he's relishing the performance of the imposter on a daily basis. He thinks he's tremendous and the best act he's seen since Mike Yarwood,.

Getting a bit bored with football etc now, SL doesn't want Lee back, that's why he in turn has captured the imposter and intends keeping him for star billing in the BS Theatre he's decided to build on the AV site (you heard it here first) SL is going to become a theatre impresario and the LJ impersonator (who is currently in intense training perfecting other characters as we speak - he really is hurting as much as we are btw) is to be SL's 'Mike Oldfield' as he starts his entry into the world of thespians, comedians and good old fashioned music hall variety.

So, like quite a few of our posters dream of being, SL absolutely loves being the only one that is really ITK about what's happening at AG.(except me of course) no one else including MA and the squad have sussed it out yet....

Brian aka 'LEE' is that good.

Image result for warwick davis

1 hour ago, pride of the west said:

I don't think radio bristol will ever have the balls to ask that

57 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Like anyone in club or local media would ask a daring question. I don't even bother listening to RB anymore as they are clearly told not to ask anything the fans might actually want to hear explained. Gutless. 

This place needs some kind of irony alert for posts like mine

I'm with the pair of you, it would be the last question they'd ask. Unfortunately

2 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

For me, every game from now till the end of the season is a Must-Win game.

Not having a Must-Win mentality is why are in deep s^^t.

I know what you mean and agree, to a point, but we need what... 5 wins probably..? 

So no individual game is a MUST win at this stage of the season. Of course they are all big games and the sooner we get the points needed, the better. We could lose 4-0 on Saturday and still comfortably finish clear of relegation, if we win other games. 

It infuriates me that journalists give those in football an easy ride by asking pathetic questions you already know the answer to because they all come from a long list of clichés.

after the Fulham game, LJ said there was no energy and he was going to pick the next team so that it was full of energy. We hadn't played in a week and it is quite frankly embarrassing that 11 players couldn't push themselves for 90 minutes. Their careers depend on it. Why aren't they fighting? Why didn't the presser ask this to LJ? Why are they tired as they aren't putting in a shift on the pitch.

when SL was interviewed about LJ he was use adamant he could turn things around and we will avoid relegation. Why didn't the presser ask 'what have you seen in the last 5 months that gives you the confidence or makes you think results are suddenly going to start to change?' But no, these questions are never asked. Doesn't a local journalist have bigger ambitions anymore? Don't they want to get tough or are they prepped beforehand and given a list of things they aren't allowed to talk about. It's pathetic and makes an interview or press conference almost irrelevant and pointless 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know what you mean and agree, to a point, but we need what... 5 wins probably..? 

So no individual game is a MUST win at this stage of the season. Of course they are all big games and the sooner we get the points needed, the better. We could lose 4-0 on Saturday and still comfortably finish clear of relegation, if we win other games. 

We could win 4-0 Saturday and still get relegated. EVERY game is must win. Forget any permutations cos, they never work out.  

17 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

We could win 4-0 Saturday and still get relegated. EVERY game is must win. Forget any permutations cos, they never work out.  

Let's just win them all 4-0 and reduce everybody's stress levels!  

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course it's not a "MUST win"game. 

Its certainly a "really could do with winning" game. 

If we lose it will decide nothing, so it's not a must win game. Although perhaps for him individually it is...?! 

The point is, LJ stated in his after match interview at Villa, that it IS a must win game! 

44 minutes ago, BristolNorthEndRed said:

This is his Radio Bristol interview quote post Aston Villa. I have it recorded so it’s fact.

“Saturday obviously becomes a must win game for us now, there’s no hiding the fact we got to win it, and a draw is not good enough.”

If so it will be the first time this season he would have set up a side to win rather  nullify and worry about the oposition. Just absolutely feed up to the back teeth with his over cautious approach. Just bloody go for it, we can't defend for toffe and every team we face knows it. Win win win mentality is needed to drag us out of the mire.

Archived