IGNORED

LJ - Burton is 'not must win'

petehinton

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Well he is either talking out of his arse now or post Villa, either way he has talked out of his arse.

Or perhaps that is the specially prepared communique from the Polit bureau?.

Let's face it, He's / they've got us by the short and curlies..

Becaue we all want to win to help stay up, but at the same time that very win could be the only win we get in another God knows how long and mean SL says see? Really crAppy DAZE at City

PS it IS a must win,. He's talking rubbish

"There have been mitigating factors in elements of what's gone on"

I disagree.  Nothing can mitigate our position in the league, style of play, soft underbelly and killer instinct.  Its my belief that you have a good enough squad of players at your disposal.  The job is too big for you.  If by mitigating factors means personality clashes and mismanagement of players, then they are yours and yours alone. 

Stevo

Well technically he is right. Even if we lose on Saturday there's still 11 games to go. Pretty dumb thing to say, imo, and similar to SOD's 'I dont look at the league tables' quote. If we"ve dropped into the bottom 3 pn Saturday don't see how he'll be allowed to stay. Then again, thought his position untenable a while ago, but Steve thinks different...

1 minute ago, Calculus said:

Well technically he is right. Even if we lose on Saturday there's still 11 games to go. Pretty dumb thing to say, imo, and similar to SOD's 'I dont look at the league tables' quote. If we"ve dropped into the bottom 3 pn Saturday don't see how he'll be allowed to stay. Then again, thought his position untenable a while ago, but Steve thinks different...

Right now or right post Villa interview?.

26 minutes ago, petehinton said:

What he actually meant was that he wouldn't necessarily be sacked if the team didn't win, but he's said elsewhere it's must-win for the team given our position.

22 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

He said it was an important game though.

They're all important; that's a given.  But this game had the potential to be significantly more meaningful than others. 

The impact of the result in terms of the league position maths of it all is crucial; we shouldn't play it down.

19 minutes ago, BristolNorthEndRed said:

I’ve just posted this on another thread.

This is his Radio Bristol interview quote post Aston Villa. I have it recorded so it’s fact.

“Saturday obviously becomes a must win game for us now, there’s no hiding the fact we got to win it, and a draw is not good enough.”

The above is the truth; we now stand in a poaition where our fate may very well be out of our hands already, and surrendering more opportunities to make ground on those immediately above us should be out of the question.

A draw may leave us in the drop zone, with our closest opponents holding a game in hand; that is not something that should be taken lightly.   

18 minutes ago, Marty said:

He says "for me personally"

Perhaps for him personally as he knows it wont make a difference to his position as Head Coach. Maybe he is on his way.

For Bristol City and the fans, it obviously does matter.

I fear there is some truth to this.

Rotherham was identified as a crucial game, possibly because of SL having done so in interviews immediately prior, but it seems less so here.

I'd say we should be building the importance of this fixture, not hiding from it. 

I must admit. I interpreted it as "It's not a must win for me personally because I know I'm getting my marching orders whatever happens". 

If I'm not mistaken he also used the past tense to refer to his time as manager, but then quickly corrected it. 

I think he knows his fate already. 

Or maybe that's just hope talking!

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I must admit. I interpreted it as "It's not a must win for me personally because I know I'm getting my marching orders whatever happens". 

If I'm not mistaken he also used the past tense to refer to his time as manager, but then quickly corrected it. 

I think he will be gone after Saturday 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Could it be that help is on its way...?

Maybe he keeps a position within club...? 

But a Pearce or a Millen arrive 

Archived