IGNORED

IF we win, where does that leave us?

Red Cloud

4 hours ago, Red Rag said:

What if we win tomorrow and Tuesday and just keep winning  for the rest of the season, followed up by win after win the following season. Is that not what we really all should want. I would not give a toss who was manager in these circumstances. City fans wanting the team to loose to get at LJ is bonkers.

I don't want us to lose but we've become so good at it, that we cannot get out of the habit.  

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

We need to stay up so whether it means Lee staying or not a win tomorrow is a must. Leave any managerial changes to SL & company. They WILL do the right thing for the club.

And Theresa May will cancel Brexit, Donald Trump will open the Mexican border to all including Muslims, poverty in the Third World will disappear etcetera.

Many would shoot me down but I would rather us lose and be rid of LJ than win, he's kept on board and takes us down anyway.

a loss to enable a new manager to come in and lift the club and raise everyone's game stands more chance of saving us than sticking with the clinical failure that is LJ

We need to win today regardless of LJ's position. 

I'm not convinced he'll leave the club even if we lose. How many times have we thought 'lose today and he'll go', only for it not to happen? I can think of at least 3 times I've allowed myself to hope that and been disappointed. 

Don't know if anyone else has picked up on it but Johnson, Holden, Ashton and Jon Lansdown are all running the Bath Half Marathon next weekend for the Community Trust. Is that another sign that he's not going anywhere, regardless of results? 

8 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Many would shoot me down but I would rather us lose and be rid of LJ than win, he's kept on board and takes us down anyway.

a loss to enable a new manager to come in and lift the club and raise everyone's game stands more chance of saving us than sticking with the clinical failure that is LJ

I'm not sure why people think he'll definitely go of we lose today. I know there are whisperings after the recent SL interview but I've seen nothing which makes me think it is a certainty. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we lose and LJ is still clinging on come Monday morning. 

23 minutes ago, Jacki said:

We need to win today regardless of LJ's position. 

I'm not convinced he'll leave the club even if we lose. How many times have we thought 'lose today and he'll go', only for it not to happen? I can think of at least 3 times I've allowed myself to hope that and been disappointed. 

Don't know if anyone else has picked up on it but Johnson, Holden, Ashton and Jon Lansdown are all running the Bath Half Marathon next weekend for the Community Trust. Is that another sign that he's not going anywhere, regardless of results? 

We need some barrackers. :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I'm not sure why people think he'll definitely go of we lose today. I know there are whisperings after the recent SL interview but I've seen nothing which makes me think it is a certainty. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we lose and LJ is still clinging on come Monday morning. 

Just going on what he said , but retracted , that Burton was a " must win " .

It just like an owner saying , for example, " judge me on Tinnion " Then that appointment being catastrophic. :blink:

After those statements there really is no way back .

How can he credibly go back into training on Monday after losing and start again as if nothing had happened.

ZERO CONFIDENCE.

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Just going on what he said , but retracted , that Burton was a " must win " .

It just like an owner saying , for example, " judge me on Tinnion " Then that appointment being catastrophic. :blink:

After those statements there really is no way back .

How can he credibly go back into training on Monday after losing and start again as if nothing had happened.

ZERO CONFIDENCE.

I totally agree with you. But after what's happened this season I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's still here come what may. 

Ideal scenario (for some) would be a loss and LJ subsequently leaving. Why anyone would wish for a defeat when we're as close to the bottom 3 as we are is beyond me. If he's got to go after today, a win would set up a slightly preferable situation for a new manager. 

I don't care who is in charge t'row morning as long as we get 3 points today.

#pointsovermakingapoint 

So many different views but too many people moaning and stressing about things beyond their control. At the end of the day we all want to stay in this division be that with or without LJ.

It looks unlikely that he'll go this season so all that matters is getting 3 points so that we can stay up. Also lots of people seem to want to then use that to point score that they were right, told you so etc. It's gone past that now.

If he is rubbish, then he'll struggle again next season and we have more time on our hands to get a new man in. If he can turn it around, then maybe next season could be much better and then people will be coming out and saying told you so the other way. Who knows? Who cares? All that matters at the minute is staying up and 3 points will help us do that. Come on City.

2 hours ago, Jacki said:

klingon-copy.jpg.bad443fb9b3f38120a13c770ea6a4821.jpg

I don't think I've felt this way before. I've watched enough relegation's and shit seasons but the fact that LJ seems untouchable makes it all the more depressing. 
He has shown no signs of turning things around , we have been pitiful for half a season and yet for some reason the man at the top trusts him. 

I now go to games resigned to watching poor, leaderless performances knowing that lose or draw he'll still be there. I saw this picture of a Forest banner that sums up all we have to hang on to.

16997953_678756638962465_204555923867036

1 hour ago, CiderCraig said:

Ideal scenario (for some) would be a loss and LJ subsequently leaving. Why anyone would wish for a defeat when we're as close to the bottom 3 as we are is beyond me. If he's got to go after today, a win would set up a slightly preferable situation for a new manager. 

I don't care who is in charge t'row morning as long as we get 3 points today.

#pointsovermakingapoint 

What about a shockingly bad performance, but we fluke a win?

At this point in the season, result over performance every time. If LJ somehow gets to the end of the season, AND we stay up, then time to take stock then. Most important thing is to stay up, and as I said re some wanting us to lose today to gain their aim of LJ being removed is counter productive. 

Him go, yes ok, but with 3 points bagged as well. Please!

Archived