IGNORED

City relegation odds

ChippenhamRed

Noticed you can get 10/3 on City being relegated. Remarkably long odds for a side teetering on the edge of the relegation places, still in a diabolical run of form, and with away games against key rivals.

Burton are shorter at 19/10 while both Blackburn and Wigan are odds-on. So, it appears the bookies at least are backing us to survive.

Anyone else surprised by this - and anyone else tempted by our odds?!

https://m.oddschecker.com/t/football/english/championship/relegation

Oh, and LJ out!

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Noticed you can get 10/3 on City being relegated. Remarkably long odds for a side teetering on the edge of the relegation places, still in a diabolical run of form, and with away games against key rivals.

Burton are shorter at 19/10 while both Blackburn and Wigan are odds-on. So, it appears the bookies at least are backing us to survive.

Anyone else surprised by this - and anyone else tempted by our odds?!

https://m.oddschecker.com/t/football/english/championship/relegation

Oh, and LJ out!

No surprise. We're not going down.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

My pet hate, the opinion stated as fact. Sorry to break it to you but we might.

We might go down - FACT! 

:whistle:

Bookies are rarely wrong and they`ll have compared the run ins and all sorts. I know it hasn`t counted for much recently but we have got seven home and five away left too.

The next four games will define where we finish - win two and draw one we`ll stay up I reckon, less than that we won`t.

IMO of course.:cool:

21 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Bookies are rarely wrong and they`ll have compared the run ins and all sorts. I know it hasn`t counted for much recently but we have got seven home and five away left too.

The next four games will define where we finish - win two and draw one we`ll stay up I reckon, less than that we won`t.

Spot on. 

34 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

And two of those away are at teams below us. A great opportunity to sort ourselves out which we are entirely capable of. 

Throw in the towel now if you want. 

9 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

It doesn't affect the match so I don't see the problem personally, we all actually want us to win!

This is not about a match - this is about relegation,

Personally I bet to win so betting on this would mean I want the club I support to face at least 46 games in League 1 again.

I would feel quite bitter towards non-city fans if I knew they had bet this - as for actual fans of the club - WOW - my disgust would be tangible !!

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

Personally I bet to win so betting on this would mean I want the club I support to face at least 46 games in League 1 again.

I would feel quite bitter towards non-city fans if I knew they had bet this - as for actual fans of the club - WOW - my disgust would be tangible !!

I don't do it personally, I don't bet at all, but I don't think any fans want us to get relegated. They just know that if we do then there's a slight silver lining to it. 

I want us to stay up, but if we went down I'd like £100 as well.

14 minutes ago, Neo said:

Betting is about finding an edge against the bookmakers. Some people might find that the price has been tempting as they watch their team for 90 mins week in and week out. All the bookies see is we are losing by the odd goal most of the time. They don't see some of the gutless displays that supporters see. Haven't had a bet myself as my edge comes in a different sport, but I could see the value in the price as we don't look like arresting the slide at the moment.

will not be betting,just remember the gappers were not in the relegation zone until something like the last 20 mins of the last game ,can't remember cause I was laughing not sure when I stopped but it was after 7pm

31 minutes ago, Neo said:

No it wouldn't.

It would mean you think it's a possibility (an unpleasant one at that).

I suspect any football fan putting an 'insurance' bet on their team to get relegated would much rather lose the bet than win it. 

Bet with your head...not your heart.

Insurance betting is OK. You buy life insurance.... doesn't mean you hope to die next day !You have car insurance, doesn't mean you go out in search of an accident (well, not for MOST people ,anyway ). What will be will be, you can't affect the game, BUT if the worst happens you get something out of it, no matter how much you'd rather not.:grr:

You buy life insurance to financially protect the future of your loved ones and you buy car insurance to protect your asset and because to drive without it is against the law.

Not really comparisons to justify a football bet?!

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

No it wouldn't.

It would mean you think it's a possibility (an unpleasant one at that).

I suspect any football fan putting an 'insurance' bet on their team to get relegated would much rather lose the bet than win it. 

Bet with your head...not your heart.

Exactly this. I bet on Newcastle when City were leading 2-0. Decent odds and when you follow the club as closely as we do it feels like you have a bit of inside knowledge that the bookies might not. On that occasion, knowing our tendency to throw away leads, I thought it was more likely that Newcastle would come back to win than the odds suggested. So, it was a good value bet.

Does it mean I didn't want City to win? Absolutely not. But it is a nice little insurance policy.

Sorry to disgust you @Neo!

Archived