IGNORED

City relegation odds

ChippenhamRed

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

You buy life insurance to financially protect the future of your loved ones and you buy car insurance to protect your asset and because to drive without it is against the law.

Not really comparisons to justify a football bet?!

Consider it to be insuring yourself against a ruined afternoon. Anyway why does anyone have to "justify" this?

3 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Stick to your doom and gloom.

Doom  and Gloom?

The doom starts at 14.00 (the build up} the Gloom when when weve gone in front and then we know what's coming!!

Somehow tomorrow will be different. I wont be there but with all the talk on here about Johnson and how shit he isL

And oh my god  he's got so much wrong.

3/0 to the city because or despite.

Anyway as much as most of us want him out, it's dam near impossible  to want us to lose !!!

9 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

That's typically the way things work on message boards.  If every thread said 'I think we might win, lose or maybe draw' it would all be a bit dull. :D

What's really dull is when people make blanket statements like "we're not going down" without giving any justification or reasoning for their view. It makes for crap debate.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What's really dull is when people make blanket statements like "we're not going down" without giving any justification or reasoning for their view. It makes for crap debate.

Or they just want to make a statement of their belief but don't actually want to enter a debate, so therefore don't expand on their reasoning to limit challenge?

COYR

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You're probably right. But it's not as depressing as reading threads about City fans betting on us going down.

11 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Exactly this. I bet on Newcastle when City were leading 2-0. Decent odds and when you follow the club as closely as we do it feels like you have a bit of inside knowledge that the bookies might not. On that occasion, knowing our tendency to throw away leads, I thought it was more likely that Newcastle would come back to win than the odds suggested. So, it was a good value bet.

Does it mean I didn't want City to win? Absolutely not. But it is a nice little insurance policy.

Sorry to disgust you @Neo!

Insurance like I did for the Cardiff game -

Bet Confirmation - XA0486247110F - Flash Time of bet: 14/01/2017 13:39:50
No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
1 Cardiff  Bristol City v Cardiff
(Fulltime Result)
14/01/2017 None 80/1 Won

Stake:  0.40   Returns:  27.00

I stuck a bet on at 5-1, however I'd much rather see me lose the bet and City stay in the championship. If another team were in as bad a form as us and at risk of going down with similar odds then I'd bet on them as well. 

Archived