IGNORED

Man United Bournemouth - Nasty

Fordy62

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Some nasty things occurring in the above game. 

I suspect that Tyrone Mings & Zlatan have 4 game bans coming their way courtesy of a stamp and people's elbow respectively. 

That's a dreadful way to behave. The standard of behaviour in premier league footballers has hit Rock Bottom

1 minute ago, ploppy said:

That's a dreadful way to behave. The standard of behaviour in premier league footballers has hit Rock Bottom

I would suggest if Ibrahimovic delivered a Rock Bottom or the Peoples Elbow, Kevin Friend would probably count the 1,2,3... what a totally incompetent ref. 

Bad news is, he'll probably be relegated to the Championship and ref one of our games 

21 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

I would suggest if Ibrahimovic delivered a Rock Bottom or the Peoples Elbow, Kevin Friend would probably count the 1,2,3... what a totally incompetent ref. 

Bad news is, he'll probably be relegated to the Championship and ref one of our games 

He won't be reffing one of our games, because he is a City fan.

Out of interest, how many tv replays did it take for you to see what happened?

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

He won't be reffing one of our games, because he is a City fan.

Out of interest, how many tv replays did it take for you to see what happened?

He's actually reffed 7 Bristol City games...

Are you saying that Ibra shouldn't have gone? So why did Friend drag him over and talk to him for a period of time if he didn't see it? 

5 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Are you saying that Ibra shouldn't have gone? So why did Friend drag him over and talk to him for a period of time if he didn't see it? 

He simply cannot have seen it. And surely he can't tell the FA he did see it?

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

So I ask you the question, why did he speak to Ibra for a period of time? If he saw no wrongdoing then he didn't need to speak to him.

The guy is a total joke of a ref

I don't know. He just can't have seen it though!

12 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

I haven't seen any of it, heard them talking about it on the radio though. Not one pundit on the radio saw anything until the tv replays showed it. The referee has one pair of eyes.

If he had seen the incident, I would say he would have dealt with it. Or do you actually think he would just ignore it. 

Your post was just a case of referee bashing, nothing else.

4 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Havent seen whats happened so cant comment too much, however this works as a general comment. I'd imagine the point of his question is that if its taken people at home watching multiple replays from various angles (often with at least one with a better view than the referee has) to be certain then some leniancy should be afforded to criticisms of the referee who sees it once at full speed.

If the ref only catches that Ibrahimovic was involved in something but doesnt see what then he cannot justify a red card, but can have a word with him.

I have a feeling one of the rules regarding red cards mentions "beyond reasonable doubt" but I'm sure someone can dig it up and it may well not be the case. If that is right then a referee who hasnt seen the full incident cannot send a player off unless one of his assistants has and that assistant has no doubt in his mind.

I'll pop back on the thread once I've watched MOTD and seen the incident myself.

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I haven't seen any of it, heard them talking about it on the radio though. Not one pundit on the radio saw anything until the tv replays showed it. The referee has one pair of eyes.

If he had seen the incident, I would say he would have dealt with it. Or do you actually think he would just ignore it. 

Your post was just a case of referee bashing, nothing else.

And rightly so... its called incompetence. He has an official on the line right? he can speak to them, thats usually the case.. so thats 2 pairs of eyes watching it.

Archived