IGNORED

If he ain't gone by Tuesday.

BCFC1512

Like people did at the end of today? I was expecting a bit more of a reaction from the fans today. Thought it was a pathetic attempt at getting our point across. If Johnson's not gone by Tuesday we only have ourselves to blame

Guest Benjam!n Ultra

Yep! Tried what the club wanted. If there's no change we MUST take action into our own hands. 

Catch 22 though.

Fans give LJ abuse, owner says we are not backing the team.

Fans support the team for 90 minutes, owner claims the majority of fans are behind LJ.

He should have gone 2 months ago, I bet one of the LJ believers on here £50 then he would take us down if he stayed, no wonder he wouldn't take my bet..

7 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I think we now need to organise something that we are all in unison with.

Exactly this, even if not during the game! Something before or after needs to happen. About time all these fans need to stop clicking sacked on a poll and get your point across to the club. By all means support the team during the match but people can't keep saying they want him gone then just run home in silence and sit behind their keyboard 

24 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Yep! Tried what the club wanted. If there's no change we MUST take action into our own hands. 

From the GJ days, remember the chant "Johnson says bounce around the ground"?

We adapt that on Tuesday to "The fans say Johnson out of the club"!

2 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Sadly the only thing to shift him would be a sea of red seats.

Mass walkout on 30 mins. 5 minutes in the concourse and then return. That would get the message across. Obviously would need to be before the usual mass walkout for half time beers.

1 minute ago, Pezo said:

I don't want to harm the club so a concourse demonstration where everyone walks in after 5 minutes sounds like a good first step.

It does but it won't happen. 

Admittedly I had planned a banner for today and I look a bit silly having not delivered on my promise. Unfortunately a family issue arose and I don't get around to making one. 

The problem is getting everyone to 'sing off the same hymn sheet'  I said leaving the West Stand ( cant bring myself to call it anything else at the moment as so b****y angry) that we as supporters are just TOO NICE. Even a stranger replied ' Yes we are, you wouldn't get this anywhere else'  I really dont know what we can do unless we do it in Unison AND QUICK. Step up a modern Ned Ludd

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

We've tried supporting the team bla bla bla!

how about Tuesday for first 5 mins just chant "we want johnson out" we've got to get the message across.

then obvs support as normal

Don't show up..That will send a message.

1 minute ago, Reigate Red said:

Oh yes he is......

I hold on to SL's interview a few weeks ago not guaranteeing his position and stating he'll be here for Newc Villa and Burton. 2 points and from 2 nil up in one game cannot be enough. Especially as we've hit bottom 3. 

I expected the statement half an hour ago. It hasn't come, but I think it is just time. I believe on Tuesday someone else will be in charge. 

35 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Lansdown won't listen regardless, if he's even there. He won't be seen to fail so we're stuck with the useless pillock! 

Well, I think that appointing a coach that gets us relegated is far more of a fail than realising your mistake and rectifying it!

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I hold on to SL's interview a few weeks ago not guaranteeing his position and stating he'll be here for Newc Villa and Burton. 2 points and from 2 nil up in one game cannot be enough. Especially as we've hit bottom 3. 

I expected the statement half an hour ago. It hasn't come, but I think it is just time. I believe on Tuesday someone else will be in charge. 

I think he'll be there Tuesday as it's so near. Then SL will hold a press conference with pencils up his nostrils on Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

I think he'll be there Tuesday as it's so near. Then SL will hold a press conference with pencils up his nostrils on Wednesday. 

Yh I'm not going to lie, I thought it was an 8pm statement tonight. Not sure why the hold up, sack now work out compensation later should be the approach. 

Our problem is we are in a deep mess. Some will disagree with me but IMO 2 others have to go; Holden and Pemberton. Holden needs no explanation, Pembo as if he is any good why must 2 managers have ignored him and one actively sought to demote. 

SL has really stuffed this up hasn't he?  New stadium at our spiritual home, most expensive squad in our history and he's started to lose the fans through intransigence and another 'jobs for the boys' appointment.

The comments about the atmosphere not helping his cause either.

I think this shows that we could cope with 'modern football' BS if we were even vaguely successful (correct end of the Championship), hell I fell for it.

The problem is we seem to have the plastic feel of the premiership, and the lack of fan engagement whilst heading to Gillingham next season, how does that work?

Shocking.

The thing is it has to be withdraw your support but that goes against everything football fans believe in.

You can call for chants and protests, but as long as your still in your seat nothing will change.

If the club announce the attendance as 16,000 on Tuesday yet the real figure is 10,000 that would have to set the alarm bells ringing.

The thought of this being the norm next season, or even worse, would surly hit home to the owner. As much as not going in our hour of need (again) is so against everything being a supporter is, I fear it's the only action that will have any impact on the Landsdowns .

40 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Our problem is we are in a deep mess. Some will disagree with me but IMO 2 others have to go; Holden and Pemberton. Holden needs no explanation, Pembo as if he is any good why must 2 managers have ignored him and one actively sought to demote. 

No argument from me, Holden has stolen a living the whole time he has been here, whereas I used to want Pembo to stay but he coaches the defence and so we cannot justify him remaining on that basis.

I genuinely don't care who the person is in charge on Tuesday as long as it isn't LJ.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

No argument from me, Holden has stolen a living the whole time he has been here, whereas I used to want Pembo to stay but he coaches the defence and so we cannot justify him remaining on that basis.

I genuinely don't care who the person is in charge on Tuesday as long as it isn't LJ.

McAllister is my bet. 

9 minutes ago, iamsober said:

and call yourselves supporters?

It takes me 2 hours to get my son ready to leave in the morning for games. 2 hours to drive to get Ashton Gate. Lots of effort to care for him in difficult circumstances. 2 hours to drive back. 

The jokers running the club don't deserve the efforts of me or my son. We don't all roll up, get pissed, have a whinge and go home again.  I'll give it a miss thanks. 

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

It takes me 2 hours to get my son ready to leave in the morning for games. 2 hours to drive to get Ashton Gate. Lots of effort to care for him in difficult circumstances. 2 hours to drive back. 

The jokers running the club don't deserve the efforts of me or my son. We don't all roll up, get pissed, have a whinge and go home again.  I'll give it a miss thanks. 

Difficult for a lot of people and I wouldn't blame you for missing it. Costs a lot on top of that as well! 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Patting yourself on the back as a 'proper supporter' whilst blindly backing an excuse of a head coach  is not being a good supporter I assure you 

Exactly this. Allowing the current farce to persist whilst the club you claim to love squanders such a great opportunity eg. Ground finished, scope for new signings last summer, increased crowds, is absolutely idiocy of the highest order. 

1 minute ago, AshtonG666 said:

OTIB will hit fever pitch if LJ gets the boot and we will be plagued by countless threads about who the next manager will be and we will all get it wrong and SL will hire someone completely off the radar (on the cheap no doubt) 

You're spot on. 

9 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

OTIB will hit fever pitch if LJ gets the boot and we will be plagued by countless threads about who the next manager will be and we will all get it wrong and SL will hire someone completely off the radar (on the cheap no doubt) 

We will have to wait until Lee hands the tombola team selector back

The new coach search steps up a pace........

' Give it a,spin Jon , .......you didn't sneak SCs name in there at the last minute did you'

:yawn:

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We will have to wait until Lee hands the tombola team selector back

:yawn:

Is there that much organisation behind it. 

Next you'll be telling me they have someone with a  pen and paper noting down the shirt numbers they draw out. 

Is there that much organisation behind it. 

Next you'll be telling me they have someone with a  pen and paper noting down the shirt numbers they draw out. 

The real excitement comes when they draw the formation out at the end :thumbsup:

For my twopenneth   I thought the fans played it right today. Because SL comes on doing his pathetic little video interviews complaining (I know) about the FANS and not the bloke who is actually picking the team and "managing" matters. So what is the next excuse Steve? The fans were phenomenal in their restraint today.. ***king over to you SL   what was the problem this time??

31 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I accept what you say

I have zero confidence that any sort of proper appointment procedures will be put in place to appoint next manager

It will be the same 19th century approach as over the last decade or so. A secret appointment with no person specification, a job description which won't be worth the paper it's written on, and a case of a yes man who is a friend of SL or a Board member

It makes me sick.

We are Bristol City.  If SLstays how long before FGR as well asRovers are ahead of us?

I feel the Trump world has been imported to Ashton Gate lock stock and smoking gun

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

For my twopenneth   I thought the fans played it right today. Because SL comes on doing his pathetic little video interviews complaining (I know) about the FANS and not the bloke who is actually picking the team and "managing" matters. So what is the next excuse Steve? The fans were phenomenal in their restraint today.. ***king over to you SL   what was the problem this time??

Arguably we were too quiet?

Certainly, the players can't argue we made their life particularly difficult, given the circumstances. 

Tepid at best. 

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

I have zero confidence that any sort of proper appointment procedures will be put in place to appoint next manager

It will be the same 19th century approach as over the last decade or so. A secret appointment with no person specification, a job description which won't be worth the paper it's written on, and a case of a yes man who is a friend of SL or a Board member

It makes me sick.

We are Bristol City.  If SLstays how long before FGR as well asRovers are ahead of us?

I feel the Trump world has been imported to Ashton Gate lock stock and smoking gun

what do you mean if SL stays?

2 minutes ago, iamsober said:

I accept what you say

There are lots of people who give up on a whim or a couple of bad results. My brother is one. 

There are so many more who sacrifice so much. 

Today I reached the point where I thought "this ain't fair to me, my son or my long suffering wife putting up with a miserable Saturday husband! 

All the best mate. 

Arguably we were too quiet?

Certainly, the players can't argue we made their life particularly difficult, given the circumstances. 

Tepid at best. 

So looking forward to the next SL video. IF he has the balls to do one. The fans stuck with today. When we were attacking we were doing the come on you reds etc etc ..no more excuses SL and LJ 

There are lots of people who give up on a whim or a couple of bad results. My brother is one. 

There are so many more who sacrifice so much. 

Today I reached the point where I thought "this ain't fair to me, my son or my long suffering wife putting up with a miserable Saturday husband! 

All the best mate. 

thanks and the best to you and your son

Archived