IGNORED

Sacked in the morning

Red Army 75

26 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

We're u looking in from mate

I'm looking in from Cardiff. (Probably get lots of shit now) but I'm genuinely miffed as to how this guy is still your manager. 

You've got a very decent squad, it's just a shame your manager doesn't get the best out of them. 

I really hope you do stay up as I do enjoy our games against each other. 

should he be gone? Yes. Ages ago. Every time I log into this forum I hope to catch news he's been sacked or has resigned. So why is he still here? Well there are 11 games left, and frankly I can't see any decent manager wanting to touch this club with a barge pole at the mo. Even if we sink into League 1 there'll be so many cost cutting measures.. and we'll have well paid players on our books who'd rather not be in League 1. Shoestring budget it will be then... and we'd have to satisfy FFP rules. Unless Pembo is willing to take the reins til the end of the season... we're screwed

3 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

If he does get sacked be curious to see if he will get a job managing anywhere easily again? 

It won't come as easy I don't think 

Managing in a lower league (league 2 for example) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for him, so he can gain more experience as he is still young and not been in management long and the City Job and the Championship is to big for him 

1 minute ago, Tears in rain said:

If he does get sacked be curious to see if he will get a job managing anywhere easily again? 

Busted flush in my opinion, many managers have failed at clubs and then pushed on,  however everything seems to have been in his favour with recruitment etc (not ITK others may feel otherwise).  I'm not so sure he will manage to pull another Tammy from Chelsea in the future for instance, which to be fair was a coup at the time.  I think he's been found out.

3 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

It won't come as easy I don't think 

Managing in a lower league (league 2 for example) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for him, so he can gain more experience as he is still young and not been in management long and the City Job and the Championship is to big for him 

Yeah needs to go and learn more and prove to people he is capable.

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Busted flush in my opinion, many managers have failed at clubs and then pushed on,  however everything seems to have been in his favour with recruitment etc (not ITK others may feel otherwise).  I'm not so sure he will manage to pull another Tammy from Chelsea in the future for instance, which to be fair was a coup at the time.  I think he's been found out.

Good point. Had all the building blocks to be successful and he knocked them all over in a sense.

If I was looking for a manager at a LG1 club I'd be passing him by

6 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Good point. Had all the building blocks to be successful and he knocked them all over in a sense.

If I was looking for a manager at a LG1 club I'd be passing him by

It seems as if a lot in the football world bought into him, if it truly was LJ that persuaded Chelsea and Tammy that AG was the place for him then fair play, no one can deny that.  I think his stock must be through the floor now, he was given pretty much everything that a club at our level can offer and he squandered it.

1 minute ago, RedRidingHood said:

We can probably assume now  that there is no clause in his contract that says he gets sacked should we go  into the relegation zone 

Would have been a pretty crap clause, that was always BS in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, RumRed said:

No reason to think so, but I think Chelsea are keeping Tam out of Bristol til his court case....whereupon he'll be looked after by a Chelsea appointed Solicitor/Barrister...and taken straight back to London. The odds of him coming back here? Sod all

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

No reason to think so, but I think Chelsea are keeping Tam out of Bristol til his court case....whereupon he'll be looked after by a Chelsea appointed Solicitor/Barrister...and taken straight back to London. The odds of him coming back here? Sod all

I can't see him coming back, the player will gain nothing from being in the middle of this sh*tstorm of a run in apart from the threat of injury.

I don't think we'll ever see the boy in a City shirt again.

Archived