IGNORED

How did it come to this.

fatman

I've spent an hour on a Saturday night reading otib after watching my city team take another step towards relegation. I am sad. I had high hopes things would be different. We have a clown in charge and he's not funny. Clowns rarely are. Lee Johnson has snatched defeat from the jaws of success. All the euphoria of August has been shown to be a mirage. It's turned to dust. Steve Lansdown is reciting his version of the emperors clothes. Us fans don't understand. The reason this is different for me is that it is so uneccesary. I've seen a fair few relegations but have coped better with them. This time it's not right. No more. I feel I'm being taken for a mug now. Until Johnson goes, I won't be joining you. Very sad to say I've finally had enough. Having got that off my chest I will now close otib and enjoy the rest of the night. I'm off to the pub!

How indeed?  When I first started following City in the 70s with Alan Dicks in charge I went to games with every expectation of victory.  OK sometimes the football played was not particularly pretty and we tended to win by the odd goal but at least we won most games and the (settled) side knew what to expect of each other - because they were A TEAM.  Now we have some excellent players who have not had a chance to familiarise themwelves with their colleagues and their pattern of play - because they rarely play as A TEAM.  We do not need eleven individuals, however talented they may be, but we need eleven players who play as A TEAM and this simply does not happen.  The fact is, LJ does not have the age/experience/confidence/ability/imagination - call it what you like, but, for the first time in this appalling season, I feel inclined to voice my feelings througn this site.  I am sure LJ is a decent, reasonable guy who does not beat his wife, does not smoke crack cocaine, helps old ladies across .......etc. etc. but I have to say, after much deliberation, that he is not the man for this particular job and there comes a time when decency prevails and resignation is the only respectable option.  I rest my case and return to my excellent bottle of Port.  Good night.

I don't understand what went wrong. We started so well, then it all went hideously wrong. I'm sad to see my team in this state but, whether LJ goes or not, whether SL continues to bankroll or not, whether we go down to League 1, or cling on and start winning next season, I will still be there for City. I love this team, win or lose and won't take my support away.

31 minutes ago, Meryl Goodrum said:

I don't understand what went wrong. We started so well, then it all went hideously wrong. I'm sad to see my team in this state but, whether LJ goes or not, whether SL continues to bankroll or not, whether we go down to League 1, or cling on and start winning next season, I will still be there for City. I love this team, win or lose and won't take my support away.

Good for you, there will be plenty of room.

Seeing as you are one of the 23 who have voted that he should still be in charge (1 of them has a Barnsley crest on their avatar, so at least that vote makes sense).

I hope you enjoy League One.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seeing as you are one of the 23 who have voted that he should still be in charge (1 of them has a Barnsley crest on their avatar, so at least that vote makes sense).

As a , (even now) Lee Johnson backer  hope you enjoy League One.- you deserve it

Corrected for you Graham

37 minutes ago, Meryl Goodrum said:

Spookily nor does the Clown you continue to back

2 hours ago, fatman said:

I've spent an hour on a Saturday night reading otib after watching my city team take another step towards relegation. I am sad. I had high hopes things would be different. We have a clown in charge and he's not funny. Clowns rarely are. Lee Johnson has snatched defeat from the jaws of success. All the euphoria of August has been shown to be a mirage. It's turned to dust. Steve Lansdown is reciting his version of the emperors clothes. Us fans don't understand. The reason this is different for me is that it is so uneccesary. I've seen a fair few relegations but have coped better with them. This time it's not right. No more. I feel I'm being taken for a mug now. Until Johnson goes, I won't be joining you. Very sad to say I've finally had enough. Having got that off my chest I will now close otib and enjoy the rest of the night. I'm off to the pub!

totally agree this relegation is going to be be the worst simply because we have a team that should be mid table at least but we have a complete knob    in charge  . Johnson out please .

19 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Thing is we played well for once but quality of finishing and poor refereeing.

Really? We were awful in the first half and nervously gave the ball away on countless occasions, whilst failing to string three passes together and playing long balls to Wilbraham, that Burton's zonal defence gobbled up with ease.

We improved a little in the second half once Taylor and Djuric came on, with the latter producing the intelligent running we had been crying out for. 

However, apart from the penalty miss the only clear cut chances from City came near the end of the game.

It was a mostly empty performance from a team that displayed little belief.

Can't disagree with much of this but some clowns are bloody hilarious

18 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Thing is we played well for once but quality of finishing and poor refereeing.

With Burton playing deep we needed to move with pace. 

On the occasion Burton were caught out of position we waited too long and they reorganised. 

I don't think the players really knew what they were collectively trying to do, hence there was poor link-up play, misplaced passes to non-existent runners and we kept giving the ball away. 

Felt sorry for them. 

LJ has lost 72 of his 170 managerial games. Shocking record. Plus the bloke has broken a straight defeats record at two clubs. Sack him. He's totally out of his depth. Non league coach at best. 

18 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I hope you enjoy League One.

Well if I did vote he should still be there I must have pressed the wrong button... Don't recall it

Archived