IGNORED

Relegation the objective?

Big Red Rich

8 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Mods, can you do that spelling correction thing please?  I'd like to suggest replacing the word 'agenda' with 'please ignore this post'.

Thanks! 

Surely the word agenda is apt as it means topics up for discussion. My point is that because the overwhelming majority want LJ gone and wish to voice these feelings and point to the fault of not securing a win V Burton, it doesn't fit with this topic of discussion (agenda) to highlight the disallowed goal, when if City were in a healthy position the forum would've been awash with it. I cannot see why pointing this out should warrant your suggestion to censor my view. I am in favour of LJ being replaced now but couldn't help noticing this.

Surely you are mixing the meaning of agenda with hidden agenda.

Honestly, I am no longer enjoying posting on here when something I state, in other words my point of view, is met with a response suggesting it should be censored.

39 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Surely the word agenda is apt as it means topics up for discussion. My point is that because the overwhelming majority want LJ gone and wish to voice these feelings and point to the fault of not securing a win V Burton, it doesn't fit with this topic of discussion (agenda) to highlight the disallowed goal, when if City were in a healthy position the forum would've been awash with it. I cannot see why pointing this out should warrant your suggestion to censor my view. I am in favour of LJ being replaced now but couldn't help noticing this.

Surely you are mixing the meaning of agenda with hidden agenda.

Honestly, I am no longer enjoying posting on here when something I state, in other words my point of view, is met with a response suggesting it should be censored.

To be fair I'm also happy to use the same phrase to replace 'happy clapper' etc.

The length of time this has gone in has made some of us lazy in our arguments, me more than most if I'm honest.

no offence and no censor intended so I apologise without reservation.

19 minutes ago, RumRed said:

To be fair I'm also happy to use the same phrase to replace 'happy clapper' etc.

The length of time this has gone in has made some of us lazy in our arguments, me more than most if I'm honest.

no offence and no censor intended so I apologise without reservation.

Thanks RumRed, you are a gent.

3 hours ago, Redland said:

I was at the presentation. It was a public event with the press and TV present so I am not giving any secrets away. SL was asked a specific question about how relegation would affect the club's business plan. He acknowleged that it would have an adverse affect. However he also said that this would be less if we were pressing for promotion from league one as this would cause the attendances to hold up better.  Common sense really. 

Pressing for promotion from Div1??? Who says that is our god given right. Its happened once in recent history (thank you Cotts). With LJ in charge we couldn't win the half time draw if we bought all the tickets! In 12 months time we could be looking at the possibility of Div 2 football. What happens to the "Master Plan" then. It may already be too late to stay up this season but for Heavens sake get rid of this useless clown LJ before he sets the club back  years.

4 hours ago, EASTEND WURZEL said:

why would the gas want a merger now , when there is a distinct possibility they could overtake us not only in league position but division position and claim the spot as the south wests premiere club?

Maybe with their wealth they will buy us next season and the name Bristol City will be lost forever. Is this SL's master plan?

44 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

No-one has thrown in the towel, but do you honestly think we'll survive with Johnson at the helm?

I made that comment several weeks ago but if you look at it objectively we're not in the bottom 3 and 4 of our remaining 6 games are at home, and we won our last home game 4-0. Admittedly the last 2 performances have been dire but we must still have a chance. It's too late to change managers now although I think we should once the season's over since LJ has definitely under-achieved with the resources at his disposal.

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 02:20, RumRed said:

Many thoughts on this, I would hope not but I can sort of see that at least the budgets would be known.  Easier to hover around L1/Champ financially than to make a push to the premiership and fail.  That being said we've spent enough money even with the JK sale.

If that was the plan I'd like honesty rather than the Europe in 5 years BS which just makes us look like idiots.

Rugby the priority for the master of BS perhaps in the future. Tick over the football on the cheap with his godson playing FM18.

Dunno its possible I suppose.

27 minutes ago, What the ???? said:

I said yesterday, relegation is the plan. Did Lansdown say if we are relegated we are in a position to be at the top of that league? Or did I dream that. Either way Johnson is staying to bring us back up again. NO CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING.

Is it that in Lansdown's eyes it looks better to be top of Div 1 rather than hovering in the lower reaches of the Championship?  Maybe the costs in the Championship are too much for him. Remember the club saying they were shocked by the transfer fees and wage demands when we first came up? Perhaps we are destined to be a Champ/Div 1 yo yo club as our history dictates! Oh to be a fly on the boardroom wall.

41 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

But then,why be top of League 1 and in danger of going up to somewhere you don't want to be? However there are two realistic chances of a day trip to Wembley which SL seems to enjoy so much. 

SL wasn't at Wembley, last time v Walsall

Archived