IGNORED

Fans need to UNITE against Johnson...but how?

Bowie

What should fans do?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know....another LJ post and there is so many....

significant amount of us want him gone, but how do we make our voice heard, some don't want to protest, some don't want to boycott, some are actually happy..

so what do we do?

leave early?

enter stadium late?

boycott?

no purchasing from club retailers (bars, food stalls)

joined effort of Johnson out on a specific minute?

19 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

And people will most likely get abused by "superfans" when they decide to leave or enter at a certain minute, could get a bit nasty.

Yeah sadly there are a fair few of the super fan mindset who still support LJ.

They are the worst fan in my view and they are just peacefully sitting on their hands whilst the club gets relegated AGAIN under lansdown

26 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

And people will most likely get abused by "superfans" when they decide to leave or enter at a certain minute, could get a bit nasty.

totally agree, some of the phone-in fans yesterday were unbelievable, totally oblivious to the mess LJ has got us in!

2 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

None of the above...

Don't attend ANY match,home or away until the grisley deed is done..be strong.

Problem is Rob..its a Bristol thing...we are a 'nice' side, back in the old days, the old Eastend would not have tolerated this shambles, myself included

I couldn't believe yesterday how apathetic the fans were, it's like a trip to the theatre.

From the first whistle to the last abuse should have been hurled at LJ not in a personal capacity but to highlight just how useless he is as a manager.

I also like a bit of fan participation could we not have another paper plane night similar to Cardiff 

6 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I couldn't believe yesterday how apathetic the fans were, it's like a trip to the theatre.

From the first whistle to the last abuse should have been hurled at LJ not in a personal capacity but to highlight just how useless he is as a manager.

I also like a bit of fan participation could we not have another paper plane night similar to Cardiff 

I reckon He's been given an easy ride by fans

I'm afraid this thread and poll, and its results so far, show the answer to your Q, boss. 70 odd responses in 9 hours shows how people aren't that bothered about any kind of anti-Johnson action. Apart from typing on here. That's 2017 for you. I 'guarantee' (in my opinion), there'll be no protest, no boycott, no unity of action. For a start many of the people on here don't go and many of the people who do go aren't on here. I'm not saying you shouldn't start this thread or try and engender action, just that it won't happen. If it was to happen, there's been ample opportunity. Just how bad would people wait for it to get? This obviously isn't bad enough yet. That suggests to me that things will just trudge on as they are, people will vocalise on here and a bit at the ground, but that's about it. Lansdown can avoid this forum (he'd be daft to look at it at all, especially now) and has little evidence at the ground that people really, really want Johnson gone (a few chants but by the minority).

Wait, I'll correct something. There will be unity of action: in our inaction.

9 hours ago, Bowie said:

Yeah sadly there are a fair few of the super fan mindset who still support LJ.

They are the worst fan in my view and they are just peacefully sitting on their hands whilst the club gets relegated AGAIN under lansdown

To be fair, there are a lot of football fans, up and down the country, who don't rail against the club if it's doing badly, or go nuts if we win a title. They just like coming along to watch football. If things aren't going well, they just go home and hope for better next week. They have other things in their lives. Football, City - those aren't the be-all and end-all to them. It's a chance to be with some friends, maybe; going to the Gate is an old habit, maybe; it's a good distraction from other things, maybe - but just for 2 or 3 hours of a Saturday. We haven't got 17,000 raging, passionate, seething wild dogs. We've got a few, but the majority aren't like that at all and have a different perspective on life to 90% on here. The reason you & I are on here is because City is a big proportion of our lives; for them it takes up a smaller part of their week/life. And they're no 'worse' fan for it. Just different. That's human life for you.

How about just supporting the team whilst they are in a period of low confidence.  There is no guarantee that a new manager would improve us sufficiently to avoid relegation.  But for a good goal being disallowed and a penalty missed, we would have won on Saturday.  I feel there is more to be gained by being positive and by swallowing our frustration on the grounds that it will not help the players to win more points.  Points are what we really need. COYR

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

I'm afraid this thread and poll, and its results so far, show the answer to your Q, boss. 70 odd responses in 9 hours shows how people aren't that bothered about any kind of anti-Johnson action. Apart from typing on here. That's 2017 for you. I 'guarantee' (in my opinion), there'll be no protest, no boycott, no unity of action. For a start many of the people on here don't go and many of the people who do go aren't on here. I'm not saying you shouldn't start this thread or try and engender action, just that it won't happen. If it was to happen, there's been ample opportunity. Just how bad would people wait for it to get? This obviously isn't bad enough yet. That suggests to me that things will just trudge on as they are, people will vocalise on here and a bit at the ground, but that's about it. Lansdown can avoid this forum (he'd be daft to look at it at all, especially now) and has little evidence at the ground that people really, really want Johnson gone (a few chants but by the minority).

Wait, I'll correct something. There will be unity of action: in our inaction.

People have been brainwashed and drip fed by the liberal idea of love and peace over the last 20 years.

Back in the 70s and 80s the fans would have marched this little dwarf out a long time ago, people in general these days are soft with no backbone and far to affraid they may offend some poor prawn sandwich snowflake sort. Sad days we live in

The easy ride that LJ is getting is a symptom of how the passion has been gradually squeezed out of football in this country.  Add to that the mismanagement and genral underachievent over decades at this club, I think our support are generally resigned to mediocrity and see this as par for the course when you follow this club.

Tbh, I'm getting to the point when even taking the lead in a match doesn't get me that excited. You just know we're going to **** it up and the only question is how long it will take us.

I think widespread protests will only happen when the fanbase really believe there could be something better round the corner.  The problem is, the longer you've followed City, the more you realise that whatever route is taken, there will most likely just be more shit!!!

....... hence the apathy

Archived