IGNORED

Who is to blame?

BigAl&Toby

Whilst I get all the feeling against LJ and wanting him out - and I've joined that now - I started to wonder where the blame for this bloody mess really rests.

I'm going to say that ultimately it rests with SL. The only difference between each of these footballing inept buffoons is money.

SL has the money and by virtue of his investment in our club he has made himself untouchable. He's ultimately behind the managerial appointments and during his watch they've been consistently bad.

He's far from the saviour many make him out to be. He's sucked the life out of BCFC and I hate that.

Lansdown ought to be taking a long hard look at himself this morning.

But I suspect he's not. He's probably having a pre-lunch aperitif before a gourmet lunch in his Channel Island hideaway.

I guess he might also have a look at his investment portfolio and the balance sheet of Pula Sports. Shares can go up and down Mr Lansdown......

You keep fiddling. That landbank that I suspect you've carefully acquired in BS3 is growing in value by the day. Metro bus coming. South Bristol Link Road open. You've done well.

Me on the other hand? I've seen the club I've followed since my old dad perched me on the barriers in the Enclosure gone to the dogs.

You're at the top. You're responsible.

Might just be sour grapes.

Might also be true. Remember Coppell. Who quickly became Cop Out?

Thing is where are all the Lansdown lovers. Those who say he can do no wrong. Or who love the stadium he's created. Or the Bristol Sport he's backed - the rugby, badminton and basketball he's backed. Or the Breakfast fans.

Come on. In the words of Delia. Let's be having you!

Prove me wrong. What progress has Lansdown delivered selflessly for the benefit of Bristol City Football Club.

I'll start the round ball rolling.

**** all :(

The blame lies with a combination of players, board and coach. Coach has to take the brunt of that though. There have been a few moments where I thought the players let us down(end of Cardiff game and Fulham game). The board and SL have let us down with keeping LJ this long but as I said the coaching staff needs to take the bulk of the blame. The tactics, substitutions and the lack of progress in our problem areas(crosses and set pieces to name a couple). 

The tweet from a former player is concerning a bit and maybe points to SL as needing to take more blame. I get the appointment and what was trying to be achieved but it's not worked. Maybe it's time to get that big name and pay them. We've spent loads of money on playing staff yet let an inexperienced coach take the reigns of it. It was worth a go and it worked for a bit but he was found out and doesn't have a plan B. I don't know how to change this. If as a fan base we really want him gone, we need to organise something to show our displeasure. Yesterday was a good effort on our parts. Of course we weren't as loud and cheerful as we could be but we were positive for most of the 90 so not an excuse there anymore. You guys can sing 20 minutes about how freeman is on fire maybe 20 minutes of we want Johnson out is a start. 

I'm not sure that an experienced or big name manager would come to the club. Something intangible about the club is just terribly terribly wrong. I have no idea what this is or whether it is a number of factors. Too many managers have failed here and have been succesful elsewhere....Pulis and Coppell particularly. Something spooked Coppell like it did at Man City who were a basket case at the time. Whilst anyone other than LJ would be better in the here and now it could be argued that even getting a top manager in the hotseat will not bring about cultural change at the club. We just go round in circles of decline with the very occaisional season of sucess which we then fail to build on. Its so predictable.....we always seem to end up the same place and seem intent on blind hope that we may do better next season. This isnt a dig at SL as it has been going on for years. The last time it seemed that the club was slowly growing was under Des Williams/Terry Cooper when rebuilding after 82. I hope I am wrong but can see us being in the same position in 3 years after going through the cycle again:sad26:

50 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

I'm not sure that an experienced or big name manager would come to the club. Something intangible about the club is just terribly terribly wrong. I have no idea what this is or whether it is a number of factors. Too many managers have failed here and have been succesful elsewhere....Pulis and Coppell particularly. Something spooked Coppell like it did at Man City who were a basket case at the time. Whilst anyone other than LJ would be better in the here and now it could be argued that even getting a top manager in the hotseat will not bring about cultural change at the club. We just go round in circles of decline with the very occaisional season of sucess which we then fail to build on. Its so predictable.....we always seem to end up the same place and seem intent on blind hope that we may do better next season. This isnt a dig at SL as it has been going on for years. The last time it seemed that the club was slowly growing was under Des Williams/Terry Cooper when rebuilding after 82. I hope I am wrong but can see us being in the same position in 3 years after going through the cycle again:sad26:

I don't think we will end up in 1982 type scenario at all.

However I deeply agree with the test. Something deeply intangible wrong at the club and has been since as long as I remember.

Badly run, failure to kick on. Just not happy place who knows.

3 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Whilst I get all the feeling against LJ and wanting him out - and I've joined that now - I started to wonder where the blame for this bloody mess really rests.

I'm going to say that ultimately it rests with SL. The only difference between each of these footballing inept buffoons is money.

SL has the money and by virtue of his investment in our club he has made himself untouchable. He's ultimately behind the managerial appointments and during his watch they've been consistently bad.

He's far from the saviour many make him out to be. He's sucked the life out of BCFC and I hate that.

I agree, while Steve Lansdown has the magic touch in his chosen line of business he clearly does not have it when it comes to a football club.

While 99.9% of Bristol City FC fans would agree that the money put in by Steve is vital, generous and will secure his place in the history of our club ( as say Harry Dolman) it also means that he can do pretty much what he likes. We are now in a situation yet again where that may well serve Steve's vision of the club, but not the fans/supporters (not speaking for the fans that totally support Steve etc).

At present I feel that our head coach is detrimental to the club, as is Steve's seemingly bullish manor... yes he has the money so can be like that if he so wishes.

The main problem is there is seemingly nobody that can stand up to Steve (or he just won't be told)......... sorry Steve and please feel free to judge me and any comment I may make.

I believe we are in a ' Cannot see the wood for the trees' situation again and this has to change before we make any real progress.

As an example  AFC Bournemouth are in the old first division...... seriously what does this tell you about money & progress?

Regarding our head coach, sorry it is time to go.

2 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Might just be sour grapes.

Might also be true. Remember Coppell. Who quickly became Cop Out?

Thing is where are all the Lansdown lovers. Those who say he can do no wrong. Or who love the stadium he's created. Or the Bristol Sport he's backed - the rugby, badminton and basketball he's backed. Or the Breakfast fans.

Come on. In the words of Delia. Let's be having you!

Prove me wrong. What progress has Lansdown delivered selflessly for the benefit of Bristol City Football Club.

I'll start the round ball rolling.

**** all :(

Spot on......Lansdown says he's a City fan however, what real understanding does he have to what that really means.

Having supported this club since the 70's, I remember going without as a kid so Dad could afford to take me to the game on Saturday. As an adult scrimping and saving every year for my season ticket. Because I LOVE this football club, NOT Bristol Rugby, Basketball or ****ing Bristol Sport but BCFC, nothing more. 

It breaks my heart to witness the current situation, however we're well used to it due to Lansdowns appalling record of appointing managers. Sticking with Johnson just reinforces the fact that he really has no idea of what this football club means to so many. 

If you loose us Mr Lansdown you have nothing, despite your shiny new stadium, boxes, hospitality, prawn sandwiches etc, loose your hardcore fans your football club will not survive in its current state. It will become a corporate nonsense, Bristol Sport FC , ran by Andrew Billabong no doubt. 

Gas fans are willing us to keep Johnson ( I know, cos I'm married to one ! ) which says it all. We are a laughing stock. 

Come on Mr Lansdown , prove to us that you really give a s**t  about Bristol City FC and its real fans, before it's too late.

Archived