IGNORED

So what is the strategy now?

Barrs Court Red

As I've seen mentioned elsewhere, when SOD was sacked, the justification was that it is "a results business".  When Millen was sacked it was because "he had lost the fans".

Obviously going by both measures above, Johnson fails to pass either test, but the owner seems steadfast in his support? I fail to see the logic.

My one consistent criticism of SL is his flip flopping between strategy- one season we're financially prudent, the next spend a ton. I thought we had moved passed that, but it seems it's not just matters of finance where there is a consistency.

The lack of direction from the top, and a consistent direction seems to place us back to square one yet again. It's little wonder the club bumbles from failure to failure in short periods of time, when the foundations are placed in shifting sands.

We need change from the top down. Good post BCR, the fact that publicly, there is little involvement from the top strongly suggests we are rudderless. The fans have no say and have zero input to a club run by zero football knowledge dabbling strategists.

History repeating itself? March 1932 relegation was inevitable, so the Manager was sacked and Bob Hewison was appointed,  not expected to stave off relegation, merely make advance plans for a swift return to this division.

This is why LJ is still in post; he has experience at getting a team promoted to the Championship! :P

Archived