IGNORED

Out of the frying pan .

Major Isewater

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

In the event that LJ goes rapidly is there a new coach appointment  that would make your heart sink further and  even more worried about our future ?

I've heard Biily Davies' name mentioned surely he'd be too divisive at the club .

Mark Appleton

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

In the event that LJ goes rapidly is there a new coach appointment  that would make your heart sink further and  even more worried about our future ?

I've heard Biily Davies' name mentioned surely he'd be too divisive at the club .

Wouldn't be surprised with billy davies. Also wouldn't be at all surprised with Appleton. I'd trust my 2 year old daughter to make a better appointment than these idiots ruining the club I love.

1 minute ago, brizzlelou said:

Wouldn't be surprised with billy davies. Also wouldn't be at all surprised with Appleton. I'd trust my 2 year old daughter to make a better appointment than these idiots ruining the club I love.

According to PNE fans, Davies is a bit of a nutbar.

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Appleton . Davies . Tisdale . And if he gets sacked by DCFC , McLaren , 

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

Appleton, Davies, Giggs.

Still praying for Rowett though and still hoping the fact that he wasn't snapped up by Blackburn/Rangers suggests he might be waiting for SL to give him the keys to Failand...

I like your thinking, Pegster.

Guest ploppy
1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

Appleton, Davies, Giggs.

Still praying for Rowett though and still hoping the fact that he wasn't snapped up by Blackburn/Rangers suggests he might be waiting for SL to give him the keys to Failand...

Agreed but the longer we leave it the more difficult the job becomes and the more likely he will be managing in League One. Hence why this situation is now a total farce.

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Depends what you mean by heard his name mentioned.. heard his name mentioned as in someone suggested him as a replacement or heard his name mentioned as in someone knows we are interested in him as a replacement 

Oh don't worry Mr Fogg , it was just a poster on OTIB but it made me think ' Crikey ,there are worse choices that Lansdown could , and probably will ,make . '

:shocking:

OK, for me the sensible choice is Uwe Rosler the foreign coach who knows the English leagues and his comments about us earlier in the season seemed like he was dropping a hint.

Rowett is not for me.

However there is one name that hasn't been mentioned, a name who would fit the 'project' to a tee but has been out of management for sometime but fully involved with his academies, I give you Mr Glen Hoddle.

Pros:- The project was written for him.

Cons:- His inappropriate comments whilst England manager (but maybe served his penance) but the biggest con of all would the dictator and Mr Ego want somebody, with his charisma somebody who might take the limelight away from them?.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

OK, for me the sensible choice is Uwe Rosler the foreign coach who knows the English leagues and his comments about us earlier in the season seemed like he was dropping a hint.

Rowett is not for me.

However there is one name that hasn't been mentioned, a name who would fit the 'project' to a tee but has been out of management for sometime but fully involved with his academies, I give you Mr Glen Hoddle.

Cons:- His inappropriate comments whilst England manager (but maybe served his penance) but the biggest con of all would the dictator and Mr Ego want somebody, with his charisma somebody who might take the limelight away from them?.

Hoddle would be an exciting choice. Sadly I can't see us ever making such a bold move.

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Appleton, Davies, Giggs.

I don't know what Rowetts deal is with Birmingham. If he is still being paid by them then we would have to pay him the same plus extra to make it worth his while - basically we would need to look at a deal that money can't buy to attract someone that's already being paid i.e. finances - but I feel the next job is more of a squad management (running down contracts and keeping us in the league) type job.

I would like someone that has got a team promoted from this league and hasn't got a team relegated from it, is that too much to ask?

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Rowett is not for me.

Uwe Rosler . I wouldn't mind that . 

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Rowett is not for me.

Good post but not quite what we're looking for on this thread Mr Bung , sit up straight and pay attention .

We are looking for Doomsday scenario coaches who must be , even as I type , preparing to send their stinking c.v. 's to Steve Lansdown . Coaches who not only ruin the team but the club as well and who would have us saying that in fact compared to ' X ' LJ wasn't too bad .

Believe me it could happen .

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Good post but not quite what we're looking for on this thread Mr Bung , sit up straight and pay attention .

We are looking for Doomsday scenario coaches who must be , even as I type , preparing to send their stinking c.v. 's to Steve Lansdown . Coaches who not only ruin the team but the club as well and who would have us saying that in fact compared to ' X ' LJ wasn't too bad .

Believe me it could happen .

Uncle Pete it is then and Styvar as his coach.

32 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

No way mould Billy Davies get the job Major,remember SL loves a yes man.

Lee Lashenko (he's the manager of Manor Farm FC). Just the sort of manger SL might go for. I've got nothing against you Lee, but it's a bit too early in your managerial career. Perhaps in a few years time. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Lansdown / Billy Davies

Blimey Major think there's more chance of Lee leading Spurs to the Champions League Final in 2019

55 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Whatever happens, with so few games left, we're going to be frying by the seat of our pans in our quest for enough points for safety. Having said that if a change isn't made, we're down.

Exactly,like you say jnr WILL take us down so may as well take a punt on someone else.

I'm sure he'll be gone in the morning.Here's hoping.

1 hour ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Ian Dowie

Really? He took over at Palace in December 2003 when they were in 19th place in the Championship.....he got them promoted to the Premier League that same season with 17 wins from 23 games....that was an amazing turnaround...

I don't particularly want Dowie as our manager, but it amazes me how some names are blindly dismissed by people with little knowledge of their success at the very level at which we find ourselves...

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Really? He took over at Palace in December 2003 when they were in 19th place in the Championship.....he got them promoted to the Premier League that same season with 17 wins from 23 games....that was an amazing turnaround...

I don't particularly want Dowie as our manager, but it amazes me how some names are blindly dismissed by people with little knowledge of their success at the very level at which we find ourselves...

Even a broken watch is right twice a day.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wasn't Dowie hopeless at anything he did after the palace gig? Get him in!

3 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Wouldn't want Billy Davie,s but no chance of that anyway, he is not a "yes" man..

He certainly isn't.  By all accounts he is a nasty piece of work.  

Be very very careful what you wish for.  This could be a major turning point in this club's future. At present it is run by people who care about Bristol City.  You, in your wisdom, may not think so, but I can assure you it is true.  Better that than what has happened to countless other clubs.  If Steve Lansdown gets to the stage where he has enough (and who could blame him?) then the future could be very bleak indeed.  One day you might look back at these times and think that things could have been a lot worse. 

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He certainly isn't.  By all accounts he is a nasty piece of work.  

Be very very careful what you wish for.  This could be a major turning point in this club's future. At present it is run by people who care about Bristol City.  You, in your wisdom, may not think so, but I can assure you it is true.  Better that than what has happened to countless other clubs.  If Steve Lansdown gets to the stage where he has enough (and who could blame him?) then the future could be very bleak indeed.  One day you might look back at these times and think that things could have been a lot worse. 

Genuine question here, if SL wanted to sell up I presume he'd have to sell the lot? All the teams?

If Lee was to go, I think we should we should go for Chris Coleman,  have a word with Wales, let him go part time with them, make sure we've got good backroom staff, so that things carry on without him when he's on international duty.

Odd idea I know.. But why not.?

I suspect that the real problem would be, would any potential buyer want all of Bristol sport and of course a separate negotiation for the stadium, we could end up as tenants.

And yet some don't see that, some of our supporters really our quite blinded by SL's wealth.

I suspect that the real problem would be, would any potential buyer want all of Bristol sport and of course a separate negotiation for the stadium, we could end up as tenants.

This is it, who'd want a load of dross without the stadium?

Would love to see Hoddle at Ashton Gate, but that would appear to be purely Fantasy Football stuff. Realistic options are few and getting fewer. I wouldn't want Saunders here, but I can well see Pembo being given a the role til the end of the season, and a permanent manager being brought in when we know what Division we're playing in next season. All of that assumes LJ will be shown the door.... and there's precious little evidence he will be.

I'm amazed that Lansdown has allowed himself to be caught in such a silly trap.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He is part of the problem IMO not the solution.

I didn't say he was the solution, I wouldn't rush into a new manager without properly looking at what is available, so therefore put Pembo in charge until the end of the season.

Afterall, he made us hard to beat after Cotterill went and Johnson came in on the back of that and claimed the glory.

First names for me are - Uwe Rosler and Gary Rowett.

Then i'd be talking to - Graham Alexander. Perhaps a look at Derek Adams, Nathan Jones or even Tisdale.

If you want to go down the more experienced route: Billy Davies, Steve Clarke or Gary Megson could be options. Uninspiring though for me.

Short term would be Millen. But I'd prefer not. 

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

We could, and the landlord may be the same one as is currently in place!

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

And yet some don't see that, some of our supporters really our quite blinded by SL's wealth.

The wealth isn't the problem he has employed 8 managers by my count, 6 have been disasters and 2 let their success go to their heads and SL was slow to react to remove them. He hasn't employed one manager where the fans have thought 'yes' he's got this one right. Even with Coppell some of us thought he wasn't actually keen and wouldn't last until Christmas.

Here's the thing if SL really believes in his Bristol sport dream he has to stop being cheap with his managers for the football and rugby, he needs managers with a track record and respected in their field, obviously he has to sell his vision to those managers and then pay the price, will it work? who knows, but hoping that a manager with an average or below track record is the answer because they are young and therefor malleable hasn't worked so far and neither has employing managers whose best was well behind them.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

This is it, who'd want a load of dross without the stadium?

indeed.

8 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

I didn't say he was the solution, I wouldn't rush into a new manager without properly looking at what is available, so therefore put Pembo in charge until the end of the season.

Afterall, he made us hard to beat after Cotterill went and Johnson came in on the back of that and claimed the glory.

Yep and if he pulls it off again? he will be difficult to remove IMO.

Go for broke now bring in a new man with his own trusted men and not somebody else's failures.

19 minutes ago, ojjy said:

If Lee was to go, I think we should we should go for Chris Coleman,  have a word with Wales, let him go part time with them, make sure we've got good backroom staff, so that things carry on without him when he's on international duty.

Odd idea I know.. But why not.?

He turned down Prem sides so I don't think so.

Love the idea though.

13 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Would love to see Hoddle at Ashton Gate, but that would appear to be purely Fantasy Football stuff. Realistic options are few and getting fewer. I wouldn't want Saunders here, but I can well see Pembo being given a the role til the end of the season, and a permanent manager being brought in when we know what Division we're playing in next season. All of that assumes LJ will be shown the door.... and there's precious little evidence he will be.

I'm amazed that Lansdown has allowed himself to be caught in such a silly trap.

Huddle would be my choice , particularly if we are to maintain ' the project '

I think he'd take it in a heartbeat - May be wrong 

We wouldn't consider him for a moment IMHO although SL might have a 'David James' moment !!! You never. Know !!!

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We wouldn't consider him for a moment IMHO although SL might have a 'David James' moment !!! You never. Know !!!

problem is... we need him more than he needs us

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Why hoodle? I genuinely cant see the love in for the guy.. tbh i really really enjoy listening to him talk about football, i think he is a great student of the game and the academy he has in Spain is a brilliant set up.. but a championship manager, after all the years he has had out of the hot seat? Really? I dont think he is the match for BCFC personally..

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

problem is... we need him more than he needs us

Not sure whether he's not been applying for jobs , not interested , or can't get a job

If he is looking to get back in - Think with the right promises he would see it as a perfect opportunity to build something here 

10 minutes ago, bris red said:

Why hoodle? I genuinely cant see the love in for the guy.. tbh i really really enjoy listening to him talk about football, i think he is a great student of the game and the academy he has in Spain is a brilliant set up.. but a championship manager, after all the years he has had out of the hot seat? Really? I dont think he is the match for BCFC personally..

ask any Swindle fan (if you can find a sane one) and once they've stopped blubbing about Lee Power and everything else that's going wrong at The County Ground, ask about the time Hoddle was in the hot seat. The atmosphere will magically change and you'll be whisked back to a team which played awesome winning Football.They really were very easy on the eye and they did very well. Alternatively, look at his spells at Wolves and Saints. They may not have pulled up any trees but the teams punched their weight...and I'd settle for that right now.

Perhaps what we really need is a modern day Graham Taylor... someone who went to a club, shook it warmly by the throat, sorted the club root and branch with no little success whilst he was at it

8 minutes ago, bris red said:

Why hoodle? I genuinely cant see the love in for the guy.. tbh i really really enjoy listening to him talk about football, i think he is a great student of the game and the academy he has in Spain is a brilliant set up..

Widely acclaimed as the best English coaches we've had for decades 

As you say re academy - enjoys working with and developing young players 

but a championship manager, aftera all the years he has had out of the hot seat? Really? I dont think he is the match for BCFC personally.. 

Think you highlight the one potential flaw here - is he up,to speed ? So to speak

With his punditry and interest in the game I would hope he's pretty much there but I agree , a potential 'weak spot'

Archived