IGNORED

Arnie

longyears

3 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Arn's still about and active on FB. Owns Mark2joinery. I've no idea why he doesn't post on here anymore.

He still attends all the city matches unless he's on holiday which is quite often. Nice bloke is Arn.

Active on twitter too.

4 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Likes the sun and well known by many!

3 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

That ****** is still about

Huge City fan and was there yesterday 

Don't post much on here now but Red as ever !! 

Good lad, proper City 

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

He did the right thing.....

......gave up arguing with some of the numpties on here.

I know BS15 red but don't know you fellas, maybe I do but I would bet you're 'old school' like Arn and myself? We don't fit in anymore, more's the pity.

2 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I know BS15 red but don't know you fellas, maybe I do but I would bet you're 'old school' like Arn and myself? We don't fit in anymore, more's the pity.

1968/69 was my first game and I was 16 when we reached the First Division. I was born just at the right time to enjoy the best years of Bristol City Football Club.

In those days, if you couldn't afford to get in the East End, you had to find a way in somehow. 

Would kids of 16/17 have to balls to even try that these days?

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

1968/69 was my first game and I was 16 when we reached the First Division. I was born just at the right time to enjoy the best years of Bristol City Football Club.

In those days, if you couldn't afford to get in the East End, you had to find a way in somehow. 

Spot on fella. 1975 was my first year so you're older than me. You have my respect SIr! If you've got any, you must be pulling your hair out with this lilly livered crap nowadays. :(

1 minute ago, 8menhadadream said:

Spot on fella. 1975 was my first year so you're older than me. You have my respect SIr! If you've got any, you must be pulling your hair out with this lilly livered crap nowadays. :(

Things change mate as you get older. When you're a young man living on a council estate, football, music, beer, mates  and girls meant everything..

Being in the East End was like the best thing you would do all week. The noise was deafening, the surge towards the pitch carried you off your feet, the celebrations were wild......and for a few years, we were in the big time.

Now it's £450 every year. The wife wants to go with you.  You have to sit next to strangers and moaners.......and it's best part of a tenner for a drink and a hot dog.

.....and now the football is crap. We have a manager that only one other person likes and hardly anything to suggest that the stadium (on the outside) is home to Bristol City FC.

Next season, if we get relegated, I will find it difficult to renew my ST. Never thought I would ever feel like this.

5 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Things change mate as you get older. When you're a young man living on a council estate, football, music, beer, mates  and girls meant everything..

Being in the East End was like the best thing you would do all week. The noise was deafening, the surge towards the pitch carried you off your feet, the celebrations were wild......and for a few years, we were in the big time.

Now it's £450 every year. The wife wants to go with you.  You have to sit next to strangers and moaners.......and it's best part of a tenner for a drink and a hot dog.

.....and now the football is crap. We have a manager that only one other person likes and hardly anything to suggest that the stadium (on the outside) is home to Bristol City FC.

Next season, if we get relegated, I will find it difficult to renew my ST. Never thought I would ever feel like this.

Spot on mate. I'm lucky enough to remember the EE at its' pomp and I can't agree with you more.

Went for a beer tonight with an egg chaser and seriously thinking of a year off and watching Bath. Just to enjoy the matchday and not give a **** about the result.

A sad state of affairs all round. Give me the 'tipsy tours' days every time!

19 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Nope....they'd try and give YOU the ticket out of embarrassment..... The younger generation are less patient that us.....(and my patience is shot too)

16 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Nope....they'd try and give YOU the ticket out of embarrassment..... The younger generation are less patient that us.....(and my patience is shot too)

When I was a kid with no cash, I used to climb through the gap at the back of the old East End in those days (I was skinny then) between the back wall and the roof, just enough space to climb through!! In those days loads of us used to do it as noone could ever find you in a packed moving mass that was the East End.

**** me, they were the days! Never to be repeated. All standing, etc. Always remember the guy on the milk crate behind the goal! When we scored he always went flying ! :laugh:!

What has happened to my beloved club!!! It shames me to see this mess!

19 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

more likely looking to get out than in

4 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

When I was a kid with no cash, I used to climb through the gap at the back of the old East End in those days (I was skinny then) between the back wall and the roof, just enough space to clime through!! In those days loads of us used to do it as noone could ever find you in a packed moving mass that was the East End.

**** me, they were the days! Never to be repeated. All standing, etc. Always remember the guy on the milk crate behind the goal! When we scored he always went flying ! :laugh:!

We will always have those memories, whatever the suits do now, feel sorry for those who missed out.........great days

17 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

When I was a kid with no cash, I used to climb through the gap at the back of the old East End in those days (I was skinny then) between the back wall and the roof, just enough space to climb through!! In those days loads of us used to do it as noone could ever find you in a packed moving mass that was the East End.

Flagship and Mans Head

19 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

Spot on mate. I'm lucky enough to remember the EE at its' pomp and I can't agree with you more.

Went for a beer tonight with an egg chaser and seriously thinking of a year off and watching Bath. Just to enjoy the matchday and not give a **** about the result.

A sad state of affairs all round. Give me the 'tipsy tours' days every time!

It's sad that all the pubs we used on our way to Ashton Gate have all gone....The Red Lion, The Glasscutter, Happy Landings, The Friendship, Fighting Cocks, The Venture, The Fox, The Enterprise, The Fussells, The Black Horse, Mayors Arms, The Wedlocks, The Ship & Castle.......these are just off the top of my head.

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

It's sad that all the pubs we used on our way to Ashton Gate have all gone....The Red Lion, The Glasscutter, Happy Landings, The Friendship, Fighting Cocks, The Venture, The Fox, The Enterprise, The Fussells, The Black Horse, Mayors Arms, The Wedlocks, The Ship & Castle.......these are just off the top of my head.

I was a ship and castle / whitening yard bloke coming from the dark side of Bristol. That was a great boozer!

Archived