IGNORED

I don't want to protest, I just want to win

Under McInnes we had a few games left to stay up. There were two games which changed our season - Forest and Coventry away. 

The reason these two games stick in my head is because of the efforts of the players- two in particular- Louis Carey and Cole Skuse who would have died on the field rather than be beaten. Their performance- when it mattered , was immense . Talk about playing for the shirt! 

What we most want to see is that same lion heart, never give up, determination from our current team. Was Del responsible for this? No, I don't think so any more than LJ will be responsible should we be fortunate enough to stay up. It's now down to the 11 players on the pitch to prove that they want the club to stay up, that they deserve their incredible wages and repay the unbelievable support they've had all season despite everything.

I want to see some fight and passion and ownership. Getting in the opposition faces, risking a yellow, no standing off- just pure utter ugly determination to get the three points. Because it's now got to the point where line ups and formations are irrelevant if our players don't give it everything from the off. So much has been said about us having the best ever squad on paper- that's meaningless unless they want to play for BCFC- not the manager- for the fans and the club. I actually don't even think it's important who the manager is any more.

Nelson summoned his Captains before the battle of Trafalgar and explained his revolutionary and complicated battle plan. At the end he said words to the effect " if all else fails, just put your ship along side the French barstewards and blast the shit out of them" That's what we want. If the players can't keep to the plan just make sure that they fight to the end and just win.

Nelson didn't survive but his players pulled off a great victory and saved Britain FC.

I'll forgive them anything except not playing for the shirt.

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Under McInnes we had a few games left to stay up. There were two games which changed our season - Forest and Coventry away. 

The reason these two games stick in my head is because of the efforts of the players- two in particular- Louis Carey and Cole Skuse who would have died on the field rather than be beaten. Their performance- when it mattered , was immense . Talk about playing for the shirt! 

What we most want to see is that same lion heart, never give up, determination from our current team. Was Del responsible for this? No, I don't think so any more than LJ will be responsible should we be fortunate enough to stay up. It's now down to the 11 players on the pitch to prove that they want the club to stay up, that they deserve their incredible wages and repay the unbelievable support they've had all season despite everything.

I want to see some fight and passion and ownership. Getting in the opposition faces, risking a yellow, no standing off- just pure utter ugly determination to get the three points. Because it's now got to the point where line ups and formations are irrelevant if our players don't give it everything from the off. So much has been said about us having the best ever squad on paper- that's meaningless unless they want to play for BCFC- not the manager- for the fans and the club. I actually don't even think it's important who the manager is any more.

Nelson summoned his Captains before the battle of Trafalgar and explained his revolutionary and complicated battle plan. At the end he said words to the effect " if all else fails, just put your ship along side the French barstewards and blast the shit out of them" That's what we want. If the players can't keep to the plan just make sure that they fight to the end and just win.

Nelson didn't survive but his players pulled off a great victory and saved Britain FC.

I'll forgive them anything except not playing for the shirt.

Totally agree with all your positivity.

How is that going to manifest itself with the current tactics, morale and level of performance?

We could not beat Burton.

Norwich form is indifferent, but they are a quality team.

I want a 3-0 (or any) win tonight, but lets be honest - another defeat is highly likely.

How are we going to win at least four games between now and the end of the season?

I see no point in hope against hope, but lets see if we get that performance from the players that gives some indication they are prepared to FIGHT for BCFC.

Has to be the last chance today without a change at the top.

:fingerscrossed:

tfj :protest:

1 hour ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Totally agree with all your positivity.

How is that going to manifest itself with the current tactics, morale and level of performance?

We could not beat Burton.

Norwich form is indifferent, but they are a quality team.

I want a 3-0 (or any) win tonight, but lets be honest - another defeat is highly likely.

How are we going to win at least four games between now and the end of the season?

I see no point in hope against hope, but lets see if we get that performance from the players that gives some indication they are prepared to FIGHT for BCFC.

Has to be the last chance today without a change at the top.

:fingerscrossed:

tfj :protest:

Norwich lost to Burton a couple of weeks ago so we must be better than them

This can be a frustrating place sometimes.

Several times yesterday I was posting about two things. The futility of any kind of protest as SL is well aware of the disquiet amongst us fans and the need to support the team and criticing those who have to decided not to go tonight and got a right slagging for it................:dunno:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

This can be a frustrating place sometimes.

Several times yesterday I was posting about two things. The futility of any kind of protest as SL is well aware of the disquiet amongst us fans and the need to support the team and criticing those who have to decided not to go tonight and got a right slagging for it................:dunno:

Unfortunately some people will disagree with you just for being you

Same reason LJ had more "haters" than most from the very start.

I remember that forest game so well, and how happy I was after that game. Its a sad statement about our recent history that apart from the title winning season this is one of my fondest memories of recent times :(

8 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Unfortunately some people will disagree with you just for being you

That's very true and something I'm very aware of and used to but yesterday I had posters who I'd never heard of before giving me a slagging..........WTF?       :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That's very true and something I'm very aware of and used to but yesterday I had posters who I'd never heard of before giving me a slagging..........WTF?       :facepalm:

Don't pretend you don't like the attention you naughty little WUM you!

That's ok then.

Let's all be really positive and miraculously everything will be great.

In the real world however we are "managed" by someone who results prove is totally out of his depth and an owner who appears to be taking lessons from North Korea..

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I like to think we had a discussion on the points rather than a 'slagging' Robbored? If I'm included in that and if that's how my posts were perceived, I apologise as it was not my intention.

17 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Don't pretend you don't like the attention you naughty little WUM you!

The only "problem"  I have is that whenever I make any kind of sensible and true comments involving GJ, posters dismiss them as I supposedly have an "agenda".................I've lost any credibility on that particular topic.......:facepalm:

Whilst Nelson's famous signal "City expects that every man will do his duty" (or words to that effect) may well apply tonight I think our defence should well remember Nelson's final signal from HMS Victory that day "Engage the enemy more closely".

You can't fault the will of the fans to see success and survive but as to how that can translate to performances on the pitch remains a mystery.

One things for sure, at Trafalgar or indeed any other famous military victory it was hard work, guts, training and strong leadership that won the day. The military are stubbornly unwilling to ditch this tried and tested formula and replace it with positive thinking and 'singing your hearts out for the lads' 

Someone has to get this team up for it and that starts in the dressing room. 

Archived