IGNORED

The only coach who knew what he was doing

paulcityfan

11 hours ago, paulcityfan said:

John Pemberton has a good record, and he steadied the ship before.  The other 2 remaining not, no record. The announcement on the official website shows no thanks whatsoever for his services.  Its bitter and disgusting PR.  I am cringing mate

Without wanting to disrespect the job he did I think many of us could have steadied the ship because the biggest change he made was switching away from 352. 

So we have a defensive coach, presumably the other assistant coaches another area. We have Mark Ashton doing the donkey work on transfers.

What does Lee Johnson actually have left do? Looks to me like he's got an easy ride, especially compared to the managers of the past. Now look at the state of the results.

Do we have daft Programme Management going on? Put a programme plan on the wall, assign tasks and just assume if everyone does a job it will all fall into place. Do we have too many people, is it just too fragmented. Is the person that's supposed to pull it altogether not doing their job?

If Pemberton really was the weak link, they took a bloody time working it out.   

I can't see it being his coaching that got him the boot. There has to have been some falling out either with LJ or other coaches or player(s).

I've only been to 2 games this season, Fulham and Norwich, and I can see the effort the players are putting in. I don't think the dressing room has been lost necessary but with the complete lack of continuity both in personal and tactics nobody seems to know what they are doing our what anybody else should be doing and it shows in how they play

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Holden arrives, he's suddenly defensive coach. Funny that.

It's almost like he's been made a scapegoat.

Absolutely.   I wouldn't be surprised if he was relieved not to be here anymore.  The whole situation really does boil my p*** somewhat..

7 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Who would want to work and play for a back stabbing man like lee. No chance the club is turning into a joke. For God's sake Steve sort it out. Pemberton will go and work for a new club very shortly. 

Hampshire Reds

Purely out of interest - Am I right in thinking you were backing Lee until recently ?

Not a dig , just interested in what turned the corner for those that were supportive , there's naturally a fair few that have and good on those that have been open enough to change an opinion

I might be wrong and you weren't a backer but if so interested what 'pushed you over the edge' !

:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I heard quite a few people last night saying Johnson shouldn't go.  Just saying.

Ah but they are the enemy and are what's wrong with thetclub club according to the super fans on here :blink:

And there was me thinking you're entitled to support City how you see fit whether you back LJ or you dont

21 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Good record? He's been an ever present in two years of complete and total failure. The ******* lot of them should go. 

Johnson and Pemberton the duo managed 16 games, won 7, drew 4, lost 5. Add Holden and the following 19 games saw 2 wins , 3 draws and 14 defeats.

Was Holden the booby prize in the world's worst raffle?

22 hours ago, paulcityfan said:

I'm past flabbergasted.  Disgusting PR treatment.  The only coach who knew what he was actually doing has been sacked as the fall guy.  Shocking.  What a ******* mess

Discussing assistant coach and or scout getting the push gives me the impression that this forum is running out of anything worthwhile to talk about. But a moan for some keeps them going!

14 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Discussing assistant coach and or scout getting the push gives me the impression that this forum is running out of anything worthwhile to talk about. But a moan for some keeps them going!

You don't think that it is , or they are , in any way relevant ?

What would you debate ?

or moan about ?

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought you said he was a puppet ?

no not me  - never mentioned him. I really don't care who the manager is now or the future. Used to enjoy the way the players played for the club and their shirt 25/30 years ago but today it doesn't matter how they play for a club they get their money regardless. Get dropped still get paid. The game is different today and not for the better is my opinion

3 minutes ago, iamsober said:

no not me  - never mentioned him. I really don't care who the manager is now or the future. Used to enjoy the way the players played for the club and their shirt 25/30 years ago but today it doesn't matter how they play for a club they get their money regardless. Get dropped still get paid. The game is different today and not for the better is my opinion

Ok - I don't think that's strictly true - yet you moan about people debating Pembo and Taylor's departure

Bit hypocritical IMHO

19 minutes ago, iamsober said:

How often have fans talked about scouts getting sacked in the past!!!!!?

He was the 'highly acclaimed new Head Of the Recruiting Department'  not ' a scout ' 

How about  debating JP - is that too trivial as well

As I said thought you had LJ down as SLs 'puppet' which makes your posts on this rather strange 

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He was the 'highly acclaimed new Head Of the Recruiting Department'  not ' a scout ' 

As I said thought you had LJ down as SLs 'puppet' which makes your posts on this rather strange 

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

show me my quote or shut it!

17 minutes ago, iamsober said:

show me my quote or shut it!

you asked

On Thread 'Steve Lansdown Puppet'

On 05/02/2016 at 11:39, iamsober said:

Lee Johnson

On speculation of Johnsons Appointment

On 05/02/2016 at 06:45, iamsober said:

If this does happen it proves that lansdown really does want complete control with a yes man puppet 

On 04/02/2016 at 20:51, iamsober said:

I wasn't happy with him as a player but my main point is we sacked a manager who had more experience that Johnson and I thought we were looking to the premier league. How on earth can the management think that a division one manager can do that? Perhaps I am missing something! It stinks of cheapest option.

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Come on @Bob Bob Super Bob - put him back in his box cos I couldn't bear the thought that you actually make stuff up.:pray:

and Superfan having a misguided go too

ROFLMAO

Archived