IGNORED

Who felt gutted when Wright scored?

tinman85

4 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Sad to say I got no satisfaction from that goal. Which makes me sad. 

In the end I decided I wanted us to score and win as the first thing is we stay up, and to be honest I realised that with the events of the day he was going nowhere 

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

But the point is that they made their impact as substitutes when the Norwich defence was tiring.  Had they started they might have had no impact at all.  Football is a squad game, and bringing on substitutes who will make an impact is part of that.  With Abraham injured, who else was going to be able to make an impact from the bench?  It made absolute sense to start with Wilbraham and bring on Djuric, rather than vice versa. 

Err, if we had been 3 nil down the bench is gonna have to do a bloody good job. Cant agree with this. Blind faith in LJ, who is fcking clueless.  

We need a strong starting first 11 and you cannot tell me that that was it. Again, players coming in from the cold with others being discarded for no apparent reason. I cannot think of any team anywhere that leaves its best players on the bench?  That just defies all logic. LJ's problem is that he does not know his best 11 and frankly he just does not know how to manage. I do agree it is a good to have a strong bench but you have to get the first 11 right. 

For me, the starting pair must either be Abraham and Taylor or Duric and Taylor. The fact that they were on the bench was unforgivable. Who could come on if we needed them - Wilbraham, Engvall (our 2.5 million mystery man), Paterson, Tomlin. 

You are entitled to your opinion, but we must be watching 2 very different teams....

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

If you are convinced that irrespective of a particular result, Johnson will take us down, and IF you think there is a point at which Lansdown will sack him, and IF you think we could stay up with the same squad under a different manager,I can see how it would be 100% rational to want us to lose.

However, if you do not think there are any circumstances under which Lansdown will sack Johnson, that would be different.

The dismissal of Pemberton tells you that Lansdown has nailed his colours well and truly to the Johnson mast.

Johnson is going nowhere, he will take us down and he will still be here next season which will be at best a mid table League One finish.

If you agree with this analysis, you like me are in a lose lose situation, which is why I feel nothing either way.

Has someone just managed to... understand someone else's perspective? Is this allowed?

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

If you are convinced that irrespective of a particular result, Johnson will take us down, and IF you think there is a point at which Lansdown will sack him, and IF you think we could stay up with the same squad under a different manager,I can see how it would be 100% rational to want us to lose.

However, if you do not think there are any circumstances under which Lansdown will sack Johnson, that would be different.

The dismissal of Pemberton tells you that Lansdown has nailed his colours well and truly to the Johnson mast.

Johnson is going nowhere, he will take us down and he will still be here next season which will be at best a mid table League One finish.

If you agree with this analysis, you like me are in a lose lose situation, which is why I feel nothing either way.

Nick, you are 100% right. I dont really see why SL has basically put the club in LJ's hands and backed him in this way. If he had a winning managerial record I could understand it. He does not - Oldham and Barnsley.... where he won fck all and chalked up a win ratio of 35%. Hardly, anything to write home about is it..... Is he his love child... is he screwing John.... who knows... it aint because of his managerial ability which sadly has been found out in the most brutal of ways. 

The fact remains LJ is staying - PEMBO and Taylor have taken the fall.  LJ is not going to be sacked whether we are relegated or not. I came to that realisation yesterday. He will manage us in League One if it comes to that because SL has swallowed his bull shit..... I am staggered.

Reality is that SL is a fool, he knows nothing about football and surrounds himself with yes men. The club is used as his play thing for his son to meddle and feel self important. Great job, well done.  OK, he is a fan blah, blah blah, but given his wealth he has not delivered what he should have and that is PL Football. We just seem to except our lot - a losing mentality and piss poor decisions from the very top... Perhaps it was Hargreaves who was the brains after all...

5 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Sad to say I got no satisfaction from that goal. Which makes me sad. 

You might get slated for the post but i think i understand your point.

In my opinion Lee Johnson is not the right manager for this club, that said i want us to win every game we play and whilst i was over the moon with us equalizing and willing us on to win, part of me knew this is just papering over the cracks and a new man is needed.

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

But the point is that they made their impact as substitutes when the Norwich defence was tiring.  Had they started they might have had no impact at all.  Football is a squad game, and bringing on substitutes who will make an impact is part of that.  With Abraham injured, who else was going to be able to make an impact from the bench?  It made absolute sense to start with Wilbraham and bring on Djuric, rather than vice versa. 

Don't buy this at all, completely back to front. It's like putting senior players on the bench for a cup tie so they xan save it if the youngsters / squad fillers screw up. Wrong, wrong, wrong.... look to win the game first and make the substitutions if / when the job is done or in attempt to turn it around if plan A fails. Above all set up from the outset to win.

what is the point with starting with plan B?

1 hour ago, Rich_s said:

Got to say that is the saddest and worse post I've read in many years of reading this site. 

Just trying to sum up the feeling I had. Of course I didn't want us to lose. But I had no excitement bearing in mind the situation this club has found itself in again. Appreciated the word gutted in hindsight was wrong. As much as it hurts me to say it almost felt if we had lost the game last night the end of LJ would have been upon us however now it looks as though he will be with us no matter what happens. So I hope we come back with the points on Sat but I am not convinced at all that LJ is right for this club.  

Never been to an Ashton Gate as soulless as last night , like a morgue. Not sure what I felt when we scored but it wasn't joy or elation. It feels rather wrong and dirty to feel this way but unfortunately this season has made me feel this way . 

5 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Just trying to sum up the feeling I had. Of course I didn't want us to lose. But I had no excitement bearing in mind the situation this club has found itself in again. Appreciated the word gutted in hindsight was wrong. As much as it hurts me to say it almost felt if we had lost the game last night the end of LJ would have been upon us however now it looks as though he will be with us no matter what happens. So I hope we come back with the points on Sat but I am not convinced at all that LJ is right for this club.  

Agree with your sentiment. I too really don't think Johnson will take us anywhere but Baily Wright's goal and the single point may be the point that saves us from relegation. I can't fault the lads for effort. As much as I don't rate Johnson we'll all still be here after he's long gone.

9 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

He's not going to fire Johnson, not this season. So it is best all round that we win some games and get behind the team now, for these 10 games. Try and stay up (as unlikely as that seems). That doesn't mean you have to like LJ, bounce around the ground, or not criticise him on here; just put the team and the club first, for these last few weeks. 

Not easy though, I admit; not when the majority shareholder is putting his friend before the team and the club (imho, as it looks from the outside, looking in).

LJ is not going to be sacked this season, that is now very clear. Even so i still want us stay up even if it means he keeps his job into next season. Starting again in L1 with or without him would be terrible. If we stay up asomehow and this form continues into next season he will go at some point.

11 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

I would say this about the game and I sit firmly in the "LJ must go" camp:

1. The team that was sent out was appalling. 4 more changes from Johnson. More shite from Johnson and then trying to justify it afterwards was utter balls. Suddenly Pack, Smith, Reid, and Odowda are in favour when they have been missing in action for so long. 

2. The first 70 minutes were dire and Norwich could have had 3 or 4 goals. They did not take their chances. I thought Norwich were really poor compared to the side we played away early on in the season but they should have been out of sight at half-time. 

3. Duric and Taylor changed the game. Why Duric is not starting with Taylor is a mystery. They caused all manor of trouble, Taylor's movement was great and Duric won almost everything. The last 15 minutes we should have won the game and we were both direct and purposeful with our passing. In complete contrast to the 70 mins of shite beforehand.  I was delighted we scored and I had this as a "loss" - so for me this was a point gained.

4. I dont think the fans backed LJ at all. It was like a morgue last night and it was only when Duric and Taylor came on that it inspired a response from the fans and it did...

However, the result changes nothing. LJ is not able to manage at this level and he deserves to be sacked. If we play like we did for 70 mins which is reflective of the rubbish being served up, then we will go down.

The problem is that I don't think LJ will be sacked.  I think SL has nailed his colours firmly to the mast behind LJ and he will tolerate a fall to League One. I find this unbelievable but there you go.... to be honest I am not sure what I will do about this - I support Bristol City not its manager or owner....hmmm....

I'm not basically disagreeing with what you say but...

1. At least one was enforced by injury

3. Agree, but that would have been two more changes!!!

Like you, support the team, whoever the manager is....onwards to Wigan!

Archived