IGNORED

Who felt gutted when Wright scored?

tinman85

55 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Says more about you then mate. Maybe time for u to stop going if you cant be happy we scored a equaliser! 

Sorry but it's just a topic for debate. Just summing up the feeling at this club at present. Of course I hope we stay up but honestly cannot see it under this dire regime. 

7 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

I think anyone who felt gutted that we scored last night should take a long look at themselves, were in a relegation battle every point matters,

we will most likely end up either staying up or going down by a point or two, its that tight at the bottom. 

I'm in the LJ out camp as are pretty much our entire fanbase, but I'd much rather be remain in this divison, that could be a crucial point come the start of May. 

All I'm saying is usually when we score I would jump up and down like mad. I couldn't muster much enthusiasm. Blimey I'll close the thread. 

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Sums up a lot of people's ignorance to any opinion but their own...

??

Being 'gutted' when we score is not a feeling any true supporter of the club will ever feel. Feeling disillusioned, beyond caring, indifferent....yes. But gutted to see the club you support score when we're fighting relegation? That makes no sense 

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

All I'm saying is usually when we score I would jump up and down like mad. I couldn't muster much enthusiasm. Blimey I'll close the thread. 

In which case the word you were looking for is indifferent. Which is completely understandable. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

??

Being 'gutted' when we score is not a feeling any true supporter of the club will ever feel. Feeling disillusioned, beyond caring, indifferent....yes. But gutted to see the club you support score when we're fighting relegation? That makes no sense 

Save the sanctimonious shit. Will LJ save this club? No. Do we have a better chance of staying up without him? Probably. Will a draw with Norwich before a crucial game at Wigan get rid of him? No. As I said before, you don't have to agree, but at least try to see the logic. This holier-than-thou bollocks is cringeworthy.

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

Save the sanctimonious shit. Will LJ save this club? No. Do we have a better chance of staying up without him? Probably. As I said before, you don't have to agree, but this holier-than-thou bollocks is cringeworthy.

I don't think LJ will save us either. But I will never ever feel disappointed to see Bristol City score. If it ever comes to that I'll simply stop going.

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Sad to say I got no satisfaction from that goal. Which makes me sad. 

This has got to be a wind up.... Surely some miserable sag has jumped onto your computer while your away from your desk??

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

I don't think LJ will save us either. But I will never ever feel disappointed to see Bristol City score. If it ever comes to that I'll simply stop going.

I was disappointed. Because you and I both know if anything, it takes us further towards relegation. He might well have gone had we lost last night.

You can want things to get worse in the short term to make them better in the long term if you don't think there's another way. I don't see one, do you?

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

I was disappointed. Because you and I both know if anything, it takes us further towards relegation. He might well have gone had we lost last night.

You can want things to get worse in the short term to make them better in the long term if you don't think there's another way. I don't see one, do you?

In what way did an equalising goal take us closer to relegation? It didn't. It added another point to our total which come the end of the season may be the difference between survival or disaster. 

Its overwhelmingly evident that LJ will not be going anywhere this season. So no, wanting us to lose games between now and the end of the season will have no long term benefit and I'd love to know what benefit you perceive there to be in that scenario. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

In what way did an equalising goal take us closer to relegation? It didn't. It added another point to our total which come the end of the season may be the difference between survival or disaster. 

Its overwhelmingly evident that LJ will not be going anywhere this season. So no, wanting us to lose games between now and the end of the season will have no long term benefit and I'd love to know what benefit you perceive there to be in that scenario. 

It's not overwhelmingly evident at all, Saturday was the first time we were inside the bottom three all season. This is uncharted territory.

You're being willfully ignorant to ignore the idea that Johnson saving himself for another game by scabbing a draw last night isn't anything other than detrimental to our long-term goals of staying up, which a replacement may be able to achieve.

Also, where's the "no proper fan would ever think this" shtuck gone? So you do understand why a "true" fan could think it, then, even if you think LJ's here to stay?

1 point 0 points not much difference really. Another 2 points slip away. Felt like the agony would just prolong but after the final whistle. Didn't feel anything when he scored because we were already one behind. The atmosphere on the radio sounded so flat.

Why on earth didn't he start with the team that finished the game? Again, more ineptitude from the so called gifted one. It was common knowledge that Norwich were on a dreadful run too and yet he chose to big them up and treat them with far too much respect.

It's about winning games now, so why he continues to set up to try and not get beat is baffling, but then again everyone on the inside seems to know something that the rest of the planet doesn't. Looking forward to avoiding to drop now.....Schyeah right! FML!

43 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

I would say this about the game and I sit firmly in the "LJ must go" camp:

1. The team that was sent out was appalling. 4 more changes from Johnson. More shite from Johnson and then trying to justify it afterwards was utter balls. Suddenly Pack, Smith, Reid, and Odowda are in favour when they have been missing in action for so long. 

2. The first 70 minutes were dire and Norwich could have had 3 or 4 goals. They did not take their chances. I thought Norwich were really poor compared to the side we played away early on in the season but they should have been out of sight at half-time. 

3. Duric and Taylor changed the game. Why Duric is not starting with Taylor is a mystery. They caused all manor of trouble, Taylor's movement was great and Duric won almost everything. The last 15 minutes we should have won the game and we were both direct and purposeful with our passing. In complete contrast to the 70 mins of shite beforehand.  I was delighted we scored and I had this as a "loss" - so for me this was a point gained.

4. I dont think the fans backed LJ at all. It was like a morgue last night and it was only when Duric and Taylor came on that it inspired a response from the fans and it did...

However, the result changes nothing. LJ is not able to manage at this level and he deserves to be sacked. If we play like we did for 70 mins which is reflective of the rubbish being served up, then we will go down.

The problem is that I don't think LJ will be sacked.  I think SL has nailed his colours firmly to the mast behind LJ and he will tolerate a fall to League One. I find this unbelievable but there you go.... to be honest I am not sure what I will do about this - I support Bristol City not its manager or owner....hmmm....

Great post. Spot on. My thoughts totally

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Sad to say I got no satisfaction from that goal. Which makes me sad. 

Wow, a veritable ray of sunshine, you are. 

You were disappointed when at 1-0 down, where we are in the league, we secured a point?

Zero point you going really. 

15 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

It's not overwhelmingly evident at all, Saturday was the first time we were inside the bottom three all season. This is uncharted territory.

You're being willfully ignorant to ignore the idea that Johnson saving himself for another game by scabbing a draw last night isn't anything other than detrimental to our long-term goals of staying up, which a replacement may be able to achieve.

Also, where's the "no proper fan would ever think this" shtuck gone? So you do understand why a "true" fan could think it, then, even if you think LJ's here to stay?

The fact that Lansdown was willing to sack Pemberton and keep Johnson tells everyone that Johnson is here all season whether we like it not. 

It's a mad argument to say that points we gain between now and the end of the season gets us 'closer to relegation'.

The only way that could possibly be true is if not getting those points would result in the departure of the manager and there is zero evidence to suggest that would be the case. 

I'll be honest I had mixed feelings when we scored but the transformation in atmosphere and the way the team played for that last 15 was crying out for us to get that winner and desperate for us to get it. 

It was only when the final whistle went that it dawned that the result was neither any good for our position in the league or getting rid of LJ

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The only way that could possibly be true is if not getting those points would result in the departure of the manager and there is zero evidence to suggest that would be the case. 

I know failure has been rewarded with the continued opportunity to fail so far this season, but even with SL in his current mood it can only go so far.

5 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

I know failure has been rewarded with the continued opportunity to fail so far this season, but even with SL in his current mood it can only go so far.

If 2 wins in 21 is acceptable to Lansdown then to me there is zero indication that anything will change this season whether we win or lose. I've run out of fingers to count the games after which he should have been sacked. 

Are you honestly telling me he'd have gone after a 0-1 to Norwich? Not a chance IMO in which case that point gets us further away from relegation, not closer. 

40 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

All I'm saying is usually when we score I would jump up and down like mad. I couldn't muster much enthusiasm.  

Agree. Not disappointed, just no feeling at all. Probably for the first time ever.

That's how much LJ and SL have violated my enthusiasm for City, and losing that feeling - hopefully only temporarily -  disappoints me even more than the probability of relegation.

Violated a strong word? Maybe, and perhaps the wrong one, but I see the ongoing situation as deliberately treating the fans' strong emotional attachment to BCFC with contempt. LJ should resign, or SL should sack him, simple as that.

I found myself in a bit of a trance in the first half - like everyone around me in fact - silently viewing but not really involved, and slightly removed from the action.

Not that there was any action to speak of.

LJ's disastrous tenure is increasingly painful, but sadly I think I'm numbed to it now.

2 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

3. Duric and Taylor changed the game. Why Duric is not starting with Taylor is a mystery. They caused all manor of trouble, Taylor's movement was great and Duric won almost everything. The last 15 minutes we should have won the game and we were both direct and purposeful with our passing. In complete contrast to the 70 mins of shite beforehand.  I was delighted we scored and I had this as a "loss" - so for me this was a point gained.

But the point is that they made their impact as substitutes when the Norwich defence was tiring.  Had they started they might have had no impact at all.  Football is a squad game, and bringing on substitutes who will make an impact is part of that.  With Abraham injured, who else was going to be able to make an impact from the bench?  It made absolute sense to start with Wilbraham and bring on Djuric, rather than vice versa. 

22 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Not sure why anyone could be gutted with a goal which might earn the point which keeps us up.

You are not living in the real world! 

It's all about trying to force SL's hand for the greater good of the club for surely there must be a point at which even he says 'enough is enough'. Isn't there?!!

If you are convinced that irrespective of a particular result, Johnson will take us down, and IF you think there is a point at which Lansdown will sack him, and IF you think we could stay up with the same squad under a different manager,I can see how it would be 100% rational to want us to lose.

However, if you do not think there are any circumstances under which Lansdown will sack Johnson, that would be different.

The dismissal of Pemberton tells you that Lansdown has nailed his colours well and truly to the Johnson mast.

Johnson is going nowhere, he will take us down and he will still be here next season which will be at best a mid table League One finish.

If you agree with this analysis, you like me are in a lose lose situation, which is why I feel nothing either way.

27 minutes ago, cityironman said:

You are not living in the real world! 

It's all about trying to force SL's hand for the greater good of the club for surely there must be a point at which even he says 'enough is enough'. Isn't there?!!

So what if we'd scored a second goal? Still disappointed about the equaliser?

Depressing thread.  I could never be sad to see us score.  I suppose a few weeks ago you could have made an argument that a defeat might have seen the back of Johnson, so it would be for the greater good.  But now it's increasingly apparent that no amount of poor performances will see him sacked, so you might as well hope we win with him.

44 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

But the point is that they made their impact as substitutes when the Norwich defence was tiring.  Had they started they might have had no impact at all.  Football is a squad game, and bringing on substitutes who will make an impact is part of that.  With Abraham injured, who else was going to be able to make an impact from the bench?  It made absolute sense to start with Wilbraham and bring on Djuric, rather than vice versa. 

Surely when you are in the relegation zone, playing at home, and against a team that has just shipped 5 goals, you put out a team to attack from the off? The starting line-up looked like LJ was more intent on not losing, rather than winning, which in our situation is farcical.

Starting with two up top (MT/AW or MT/MD) seemed the obvious choice, to me anyway.

Archived