IGNORED

Time for Cotts...

Agard Days Night

1 minute ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Don't agree sorry he works hard enough to warrant place in side

No need to apologise. It's a game of opinions and you are more than entitled to yours. I am just fed up of LJ getting all the blame when we have so many players deserving it too. Cotts (one of many) just not good enough IMHO. 

I'd Cotts ain't good enough then no point in playing with any RM/RW

He can put a ball on a spot for any of our attackers and his defensive work rate is better then any wide player we have. 

If not all our players at the moment. 

4 games in 11 days is a lot of football and when you cover RB and RM you can justify him blowing. 

As I said maybe if LJ sets his team up properly he doesn't have to waste two precious substitutes! 

Agree not one of his best games but the amount of tracking back he did to help out Vyner was immense.He is the only player in the side that delivers quality crosses on a regular basis and for that alone deserves his place.When Elliot Bennet played in that position for us he said he felt shattered after every game and probably one of the reasons he didn't sign.Let's give Cotts a bit of slack I think he's done really well for us. 

57 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

No need to apologise. It's a game of opinions and you are more than entitled to yours. I am just fed up of LJ getting all the blame when we have so many players deserving it too. Cotts (one of many) just not good enough IMHO. 

If Cotts isn't good enough then why did LJ allow him to come in. And even if the signing wasn't entirely LJ's doing, why does he persist to play him? 

Unfortunately you can't defend the manager at the same time as berating his team selection, it's not as if he doesn't have other options. 

15 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

If Cotts isn't good enough then why did LJ allow him to come in. And even if the signing wasn't entirely LJ's doing, why does he persist to play him? 

Unfortunately you can't defend the manager at the same time as berating his team selection, it's not as if he doesn't have other options. 

I think we all know it's not LJ that makes these decisions. Signings and team selection happen way over his head (and no that's not a height pun). If you don't believe me have a look at what Steve Philips has to say on the matter. 

6 hours ago, Super said:

Didn't see last nights game but for me he has been one of our best players in recent games. If we are going to ditch everyone who looks Slow, sluggish, off the pace and not looking remotely interested we won't have many left!

No doubt. He is closing in on 30 and he has to feel it when he's put in these shifts recently for us. I am not writing him off, he's earned more than 1 below average game. Just was below the form I've grown  used to from him last night. I wouldn't have mentioned it if a thread wasn't made. 

Archived