IGNORED

Landsdown away Q&A

Aipearcey

57 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

Each season SL does a "closed doors" Q&A with fans in an away pub. I seem to remember it's usually near the end of the season but wondered if he had done one yet this season? 

Think the best they've come up with is that SL , LJ and MA meet in The Ship and shut the curtains & barricade themselves in , thus claiming it followed the 'normal closed door process'

28 minutes ago, woodsy62 said:

the bloke is a total numpty to do q and a when you've been relegated and the other team promoted would be a real kick in the teeth.i have got a horrible feeling we will be relegated by Barnsley at Ashton gate how good will that be

The irony of that would be biblical and provide an absolute field day for our friends from Yorkshire.

In reality a few of them did warn us and sadly they were 100% right.

1 hour ago, woodsy62 said:

the bloke is a total numpty to do q and a when you've been relegated and the other team promoted would be a real kick in the teeth.i have got a horrible feeling we will be relegated by Barnsley at Ashton gate how good will that be

Or Holloway's QPR?

I actually think he would do one.

I have it in my mind - not that I attended - that in our relegation and dark times under SOD he did one. I seem to recall because he was getting a lot of criticism on here, not too dissimilar now, and the PR was equally awful. I felt admiration for him doing so.   

But now I honestly think he knows that a lot of fans, particularly the fans that turn up to these type of events, feel a debt of gratitude to him. And I think in many ways we absolutely do. His heart is 100% in the right place and his hands are close to his pockets, the trouble is he tries to understand an industry he is seemingly incapable of and time after time has the wool pulled over his eyes - imo. 

As much as we have posters who claim they'd take him to task the truth is they/we don't go to these types of events. I'd love to have a chat with Steve, but I wouldn't go. It's like volunteering to sit on Coach One. You're not going to be popular; you'll probably get shot down before he has a chance to respond. He'll come out with his ego massaged, whatever the circumstances. 

3 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

Each season SL does a "closed doors" Q&A with fans in an away pub. I seem to remember it's usually near the end of the season but wondered if he had done one yet this season? 

Steve, following our great form in the first 11 games have we still got an outside chance of making the play-offs?

13 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I have it in my mind - not that I attended - that in our relegation and dark times under SOD he did one. I seem to recall because he was getting a lot of criticism on here, not too dissimilar now, and the PR was equally awful. I felt admiration for him doing so.   

But now I honestly think he knows that a lot of fans, particularly the fans that turn up to these type of events, feel a debt of gratitude to him. And I think in many ways we absolutely do. His heart is 100% in the right place and his hands are close to his pockets, the trouble is he tries to understand an industry he is seemingly incapable of and time after time has the wool pulled over his eyes - imo. 

As much as we have posters who claim they'd take him to task the truth is they/we don't go to these types of events. I'd love to have a chat with Steve, but I wouldn't go. It's like volunteering to sit on Coach One. You're not going to be popular; you'll probably get shot down before he has a chance to respond. He'll come out with his ego massaged, whatever the circumstances. 

If it's Brighton he certainly won't feel comfortable. Promise!

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

If it's Brighton he certainly won't feel comfortable. Promise!

I think he will. Not doubting you'd be very probing, but I suggest you'll be a lone wolf in the room and many will arse kiss and look to shoot you down in the hope they catch SLs eye in doing so. 

Of course we could all attend and massively change the atmosphere. I just find those most keen to get there, early so they don't miss it and ensure they get a seat will be those most interested in patting him on the back. Us people who don't deify him and would love to probe will probably be the ones getting a pint in 15m before it starts hoping to wander in to the private room only to find we are locked out. 

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I think he will. Not doubting you'd be very probing, but I suggest you'll be a lone wolf in the room and many will arse kiss and look to shoot you down in the hope they catch SLs eye in doing so. 

Of course we could all attend and massively change the atmosphere. I just find those most keen to get there, early so they don't miss it and ensure they get a seat will be those most interested in patting him on the back. Us people who don't deify him and would love to probe will probably be the ones getting a pint in 15m before it starts hoping to wander in to the private room only to find we are locked out. 

Hmm raises a good point! 

3 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

'Steve, are we still on target for Europe in 5, well its 4 now, years?'

26 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I'll be there backing up @Ivorguy so that's 2.

**** popularity, and I'm not going to be intimidated in a Q&A session!

Steve, what makes you think LJ is a good head coach when the vast majority of supporters think he's a piss taking chancer who has single handedly undone all the goodwill and positivity about the club plus has lead us on the worst losing run in our history?

3 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Steve, what makes you think LJ is a good head coach when the vast majority of supporters think he's a piss taking chancer who has single handedly undone all the goodwill and positivity about the club plus has lead us on the worst losing run in our history?

I fear the truth is "Because he tells me what a wonderful benefactor I am and always says please and thank you and doesn't question my decisions" 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

I fear the truth is "Because he tells me what a wonderful benefactor I am and always says please and thank you and doesn't question my decisions" 

No he will have lots of cutting edge buzzwords! 

Someone take the bloody thesaurus off him!  

Archived